Official E3 2016 thread

32f.png

Ubisoft - C+. Baaaaaaaaaaaasically this conference was alright, really. They showed some nice stuff I guess, the presentation was okay-ish (better than last year anyways). Really the main problem I had with this was that it went on for too long, which is why it's not worthy of the B rating. Better than Bethesda anyways, though.

Sony - A-. Another great conference from Sony. Not even Crash in Skylanders could taint this very much. Spodremin and new Kojima game are pretty hype. Resident Evil 7 looked interesting. And we finally got a The Last Guardian release date! Square also appeared with a really interesting Final Fantasy 15 Trailer (by that I mean it was really different from what they've shown before). God of War 4 looked awesome, hell, even the new COD looked really great for some reason (maybe it's just because I love space fights). I guess one thing I missed were several of the presenters Sony usually has, now they basically only had one guy (Shawn Layden), that other guy who appeared for like a second and Hideo Kojima himself. Also this was probably the shortest Sony conference I've seen, probably just because there was less presentation and more trailers. Absolutely loved the pace here though, even more so than at Microsoft.

Final Verdict: Microsoft really put up a fight this time but in my book Sony still won it, although not by a large margin like last year. Ubisoft got a lot better, Bethesda was kind of bad compared to last year lol. EA and the PC Gaming Show were expectably shit, and even at that EA was better than the last years (it means something that I still only gave them an F+). Kinda weird that Square Enix only advertised one game (Final Fantasy XV) in both the Microsoft and the Sony press conferences, on the other hand they have enough stuff coming out later this year so I'll probably be alright.

Sony - A-
Microsoft - B+
Ubisoft - C+
Bethesda - C-
EA - F+
PC Gaming Show - F-

Just saw Sony's press conference and it was excellent, they usually perform at e3 and have done so again. Everything they showed was really solid and had good surprises along the way as well. I'm going to point out that even CoD looked good and I like that their finally taking the franchise into something different much to the dismay of it's fanboys. Last Guardian release date, a new Resident Evil, a new God of War and a Spider Man licensed game that could actually be good were other highlights.

As for Ubisoft it was meh, what makes it meh one rather than a bad one was some of the things they shown was intresting. The pacing of the conference was worst I've seen in a while, this shouldn't of taken two hours and they spent way too long showing off Ghost Recon and South Park.

Final Ranking and grades:
Sony: A
Microsoft: B
Bethesda: B-
Ubisoft: C
EA: D
PC Gaming Show: F

after some e3 watchings, i can see why i usually avoid them. Wasnt really that impressed with anything, microsoft and sony were alright, but nothing impressive.

Time to rewatch all conferences with commentary from my favorite german youtubers

i have no life

I've mainly rewatched Microsoft and Sony and

tbh I'd rather have rated Microsoft more lower than Sony tbh, Sony's conference was definitely way better. TBH from the presentation itself it even beat out the legendary 2015 sony pc, however it of course lacked the triple nuclear bomb of that.

Nintendo - C+. Wasn't really sure what to do with this whole Treehouse Live stuff but I feel pretty good with this rating now. Day 1 had Zelda I guess but it became boring pretty fast. However for that sexy Zelda trailer alone they deserved at least a rating as good as bethesda tbh. Day 2 had a slow start but towards the end it was basically game after game with some nice demos so thats what moved the rating up to match that of ubisoft. Wasn't good enough for the B rating though, mostly due to the fact that this really lacked some surprises/significant new content other than Zelda.

And that pretty much wraps up the E3 this year. I've rewatched the Sony pc a couple of times now and I think that's going to be the only one that sticks to me over time. What a way to present your shit. I'm actually buying a PS4 later this year, not only because of this conference but they sure sold me.

Back