What franchises need a fighting game?

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
The thread title explains it.

I'll go ahead and start with an obvious choice. Marvel vs. DC absolutely needs to happen.

It would be simply awesome.

cooking mama

A spin-off of the Mario platformers, a Mario vs. Luigi-styled game from New Super Mario Bros., except, much more in-depth of course.

More characters to choose from, all with their own abilities and stats. The stages are more elaborate. More power-ups, including some specific to this game. More enemies and baddies to deal with. Up to four players can play, with single player and CPUs also available. Online. Has boss fights as well.

I also think the main Mario series fighting game focus would be pretty cool.

I know the Sonic series already has Sonic Battle and Sonic the Fighters. But a nice new one would be cool potentially I think. I would glady take a sequel to Sonic Battle especially if it made it onto consoles.

Or hell I'd take a Sonic and Sega All Stars Fighting Game too. See if Sumo Digital or whomever can make their own spin on a Smash Bros.-esque game like they did with All-Star Racing as opposed to Mario Kart. (I haven't actually played the sequel but I've heard that game's pretty good. I've heard comparable and even sometimes better then Mario Kart 8 sort of praise)

Fire Emblem

It doesn't need to make sense, I just want Hector going to town on characters from other games.

I want a toy company version of Smash. Hasbro vs Bandai vs Mattel

Characters

Optimus Prime
Megatron
Starscream
Amuro in the Gundam RX-78
Char in the Zaku II
Skeletor
Barbie
Snake-Eyes
Cobra Commander

Stages:

Cybertron
Castle Grayskull
Hot Wheels stage

Assist characters

Matt Tracker
Guntank & Guncannon duo
The Street Sharks (becausee WHY THE FUCK NOT)

Does this sound awesome to anyone else or am I just retarded

A Legend of Zelda based fighting game has a a lot of potential.

Not exactly a franchise, but how about a US president fighter?

I'd definitely main William Howard Taft.

Glowsquid said:
Does this sound awesome to anyone else or am I just retarded

It's so retarded that it's awesome

I am going to want to say that a Mario-exclusive fighting game would be great, if only for the fact that Mario has a lot of characters that would make for great playable roles. It would likely need to be different from Smash in order for this to work, though, given that Smash has more Mario-related characters than anyone else.

Although Kirby already kind of have a fighting game (Kirby Fighters [Deluxe]), let's put the idea further by adding non-Kirby playable characters. Instead of Kirby in different costumes, let's add King Dedede, a Waddle Dee and one of the animal friends in Kirby 3. It's true that Kirby is a very adaptable character, but sometimes a different character is a nice change of pace.

Thanks for reading.

Alright, so Cartoon Network got its own fighting game.

What about Nicktoons? That could be pretty awesome.

Magikrazy said:

I would totally enjoy beating up Fanboy and Chum Chum with Timmy Turner

the binding of isaac series, it has so many characters to choose from after all.

Magikrazy said:

latest

Found this fanmade (obviously) roster. I would be content with this and would probably main Jenny.

there were those 2 power battle games

Granted, those were more like glorified boss rush games but it's a good place to start.

yeah they don't really count in my mind

plus the game could have characters from all the series, not just the classic series

Back