What do you think are some of the hardest levels in the Mario series?

Rock

Goomba
Mario games usually aren't too difficult, but there are occasionally these levels that are quite a lot harder than the others.
I can name a few off the top of my head (these are only ones I've beaten, and they're not in any order.)

-World 8-2 and 8-3 in SMB1 (It's also even harder in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe due to the room on the screen being much smaller.)
-World 8-3 and World C-3 in SMB: The Lost Levels
-World 4-1 and 4-2 in SML
-Mario/Wario's Castle in SML2
-World 8 Airship in SMB3
-World 9-2 (Tubular) and World 9-4 (Awesome) in SMW
-Tick Tock Clock in SM64/SM64DS
-Mario Squared Galaxy and Stone Cyclone Galaxy in SMG2
-S8-3 and S8-5 in SM3DL
-World 9-2 (Run For It) in NSMBU

What about you guys? What are the hardest levels you've beaten?

Tubular from SMW.

If Mario Maker counts. Almost ANYTHING in the Expert and Super Expert difficulties on 100 Mario Challenge.

One of the hardest ones for me, personally, would have to be Don't Touch Anything from the Challenge Mode of New Super Mario Bros U. There's also Extra 5; Kamek's Revenge from Yoshi's Island. There are others that are really difficult but those two were the first to come to mind.

Getting all Star Coins in 9-7 of NSMBW is a nightmare

Even UNLOCKING 9-7 is a pain. Who would want to get all the star coins in World 7 in the first place?

I remember getting stuck on Special 3-5 in Super Mario 3D Land for a while.

every level in world 6 of smb3.

hate ice physics

World 7-3, 7-7 and most levels of World 8 in Super Mario Bros. 3.
Tubular in Super Mario World.
World 9-7 in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Of these levels, the most difficult one would be Tubular.

So I beat Super Mario World (along with the Special World) yesterday. Tubular and Awesome were definitely the two most difficult levels, but I actually beat Tubular quicker than I beat Awesome. And I'm almost certain that Tubular is also shorter.

In other words, while Tubular IS really hard, I still ended up having more trouble with Awesome.
And some people say Outrageous is pretty hard, too. You can beat Outrageous (along with Way Cool) by merely flying over the whole stage as Cape Mario.

In New Super Mario Bros. U, World 9-8 was incredibly difficult for me. This is a castle level, so not only is there lava, there are also spiky obstacles everywhere. Unfortunately for me, I had to complete this level twice because I missed some Star Coins earlier. Thankfully World 9-9 is much easier, because I certainly need that.

In Super Mario 3D World, Champion's Road is undisputably the hardest level, with obstacle courses at every turn in the level. It's the only level where I had to resort to using Tanooki Peach just to get it by, and getting Super Leaves is suprisingly inconvenient in this game. This level, along with Boss Blitz and the room with 30 levels under 10-second timers are the only one where I used fake players to complete so that I don't have to go through them again, in case I want to complete the character stamps with other characters (only gotten Mario).

In terms of Mario Kart, I feel that the Wii U Rainbow Road is difficult for some difficult turns, though I imagine Wii Rainbow Road is hard from what I see.

Thanks for reading.

Back