Noct's Doodles (Thread Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nano's drawings.

Is it based off the Japanese Paper Mario commercial?

Both that and his sunglasses in Sunshine.

Where's the Japanese version of the art?

you know, the one where Kirby's ecstatic instead of forlorn

Oh you mean that "American Kirby is Hardcore" thing where the Japanese boxart usually portrays him with jollier expression whereas the American boxart scotch tapes on some angry eyebrows and a grimace?

Yes

you must be hiding it somewhere ;)

Any reason the belly seam is so low like that?

It was a slight oversight on my part, I didn't take into account that it was supposed to be higher.

Ha, gotcha. I find it weird that you'd overlook it, but maybe it's just me from studying Mario and having a wealth of Mario figures to look at. Anyhow, that detail is really my only major complaint about it.

More leftover assets from abandoned projects:

AwzoXTv.png
vmGkDR1.gif

There was also supposed to be a part of this gif where Mario's hand comes down and presses the button, but I couldn't fit it in the frame so I removed it.

Goodness, Mario's house looks like it came right out of a point-click edutainment game.

I guess I should go back in time and apply for a job at The Software Toolworks. xD

I was trying to interpret what the Superstar Saga house would look like from a front perspective since we've only have seen that one shot of it during the opening when Toad rushes in, but I think it turned out a little too flat. Admittedly I'm still not very good at doing scenery or buildings of any sort but I do hope to improve as time goes on.

The more you do it, the more you will definitely improve.

What's that panel-like area behind Kirby?

Just a random steel slab I included to initially fill up some space since the ground felt pretty empty, I had Kirby in a slightly difference position in the rough sketch version which led to more of the ground on the left side being visible but decided to move him over to help fill it out and make more of Whispy's face visible.

Although as a fun little irrelevant Easter egg, the slab had the Diamond Authority insignia from Steven Universe on it.

[quote author=myself on deviantart]
I'd say...

Rated E for Ear rape[/quote]

Or Earth-shattering.

Ok I'll stop.

But it looks cool, these are my actual thoughts on this art piece.

I just assumed it had something to do with working deals out with SquareEnix.

Honoka's #4 Fan said:
NanoPhoenix said:
splitting_headache_by_nanophoenix364-dciepgy.png
Kirby's ashamed of Dabbing.

I was going for a kneeling pose, but I guess it could also be shameful dabbing. xD

Kirby with eyebrows looks...

mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back