Things that you really hate in Mario Kart games

The only thing I really hate about the Mario Kart games is the blue shell. The CPU particular seemed to like abusing that item in Mario Kart Wii.

Things I hate in Mario Kart games:
  • Mario Kart 8's battle mode (Original only).
  • The way the drift works from Mario Kart Wii onwards.
  • The Mega Mushroom, POW Block, and Thunder Cloud from Mario Kart Wii.
  • Having Coins in Item Boxes.
  • The amount of filler characters (Includes Pink Gold Peach, Baby Rosalina, etc.) in Mario Kart 8.
  • Item balance based on distance and only being able to hold one item at a time in Mario Kart 8.
  • The way the Fake Item Box is handled in games after Mario Kart 64.
  • Increasing the amount of racers on each track from eight to twelve (Mario Kart Wii only; Mario Kart 8 kind of fixes this problem).
  • Mario Kart 7's roster.
  • Using a winged Spiny Shell when I'm far behind.
  • Having to unlock Expert Staff Ghosts to unlock certain vehicles and drivers.

I think the item balance based on distance is a better design than in previous games where the front runner has a triple banana and you just get an occasional red shell and mostly bananas, green shells, and sometimes Mushrooms? I kinda like getting triple reds when I'm far behind as it'll give me a fighting chance to actually catch up. Same thing for the Super Star. I know it's generally not cool to be first and second has triple reds since you'll probably get hit at least once, but first is a really advantageous position since you don't have people in front of you laying hazards compared to 2nd where you have to deal with behind AND in front.

I like twelve racers per track too. I like the mods in Mario Kart Wii that increase to a whopping 24 racers. It seems super crazy.

Finally yeah I think a lot of these are fair. Winged Spiny Shell does suck and is nowhere near devastating (and hella useful) the Spiny Shell in Mario Kart 64 was. I also think it sucks to race Staff Ghosts for unlocked content most of the time.

Also, I forget, but I still remember Mario Kart Wii not having GP for 2+ players and that *sucked* because at the time this means one of us had to sit out to unlock the roster. They at least fixed it in Mario Kart 8.

I feel red shells in MK8 and perhaps 7 (though I'm not sure) ignoring flyoff glider ramps and the like makes them far more annoying than the blue shell

I hate the inverted gravity thing that makes your tires go sideways in MarioKart 8 (and maybe 7, I only played it once and that was years back)

Back