Fun facts

TheYoshiState said:
I don't know if this has already been mentioned: Michael Jackson composed the music for Sonic the Hedgehog 3, but he refused to be credited for it. For anyone who wondered who the composer was in that game, your mystery has been solved.

I KNEW the music sounded familiar.

Also, the current voice actor for Phoenix Wright is the same as Donatello from the 2003 TMNT series.

Spyro in Dawn of the Dragons is voiced by Elijah Wood, who is more famously known as Frodo from The Lord of the Rings films.

Fun Fact) "My Neighbor Totoro" is a playful, cheery spin off an actual murder involving two girls known as the Sayama Incident (Sayama is also the name of the place the movie takes place in). The Incident involved the younger sister being murdered after a ransom went wrong, and the older sister committing suicide. If you know a bit of japanese culture, the movie nicely reflects the incident. Hint: Totoro is in fact a death god.

TheYoshiState said:
And here's a shocker: Huey Lewis actually sued Ray Parker Jr. because the Ghostbusters theme song sounded too similar to his song "I Want a New Drug"!
knew that already thanks to wikipedia

fun fact: gastly and haunter are the lightest of all the pokémon weighing .2 lbs.

Isn't it illegal to drive blindfolded anywhere..?

Re_Birthday, sung by Kagamine Len, is actually not originally from the Story of Evil series. It is from the Clockwork series, even though it fits with both storylines, so fans often assume it is part of Story of Evil.

Donkey Kong does not actually exist. Conversely, this means that Diddy Kong does not exist either. They are both fictional characters.

Smaug said:

Fun fact: Many people try to put "LOL" in the past tense by putting "ed" behind it, while the abbreviation means "laugh out loud", thus making the past tense "laugh out louded". This is grammatically incorrect, the correct form is be "laughed out loud". Abbreviated this would be "LedOL", or more often "L'dOL".

Granny Smith apples and Green Delicious apples are not the same thing.

1 in 5 Americans think Obama is a cactus (from the internet)

The Thunder Stone was "Thunderstone" prior to X and Y

Deception said:
well I guess, but the main series itself varies so much I stopped counting anything Mario related as a spinoff a long time ago, in my head anyway
In that case, Wii Fit (spin-off of Wii). If that doesn't count, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (spin-off of Tom Clancy).

TheYoshiState said:
And here's a shocker: Huey Lewis actually sued Ray Parker Jr. because the Ghostbusters theme song sounded too similar to his song "I Want a New Drug"!
Fun Fact: that's because they literally told Ray Parker Jr. to make a song that sounded like I want a new drug after Huey Lewis turned them down

Fun Fact) The Vocaloid song Hitobashira Arisu (Alice of Human Sacrifice) was actually based on something that actually happened (The Alice Killings of Japan or something. I dunno, I just found out about this).

Wait, that's wrong. The Alice Killings of Japan is a creepypasta.

Fun fact: The names of all the continents (if using just "America" for North and South) start and end in the same letter.

Smaug said:
Er, I meant Atlantis. I have always counted it as one. As in the Lost City of Atlantis. Most experts in Atlantis think that it was actually a continent.
Assuming it was real, it no longer exists, and thefore no longer counts.

That's like counting Laurasia and Gondwanaland.

Oceania doesn't have set dimensions. It's not even widely-used, as far as I know.

Back