Fun facts

There isn't a consensus on the exact area that Oceania covers, and as far as I know, Oceania isn't widely-used as a continent name.

According to Wikipedia, Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.

Also according to Wikipedia, "opinions of what constitutes Oceania range from its three subregions of Melanesia, Micronesia, and Polynesia to, more broadly, the entire insular region between Asia and the Americas, including Australasia and the Malay Archipelago."

Ok, you got me.

2 Doctor Who facts:

1. Hanna-Barbera wanted to make an animated tv show based on the doctor, but BBC refused. Instead, we got The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang.
2. Disney was interested in buying the franchise for a short time. There were even plans for a walk-in TARDIS attraction at Disneyland. Too bad for Disney. I would have had a reason to buy Disney Infinity.

The Doctor said:
Smaug said:
Er, I meant Atlantis. I have always counted it as one. As in the Lost City of Atlantis. Most experts in Atlantis think that it was actually a continent.
Assuming it was real, it no longer exists, and thefore no longer counts.

That's like counting Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
I'm pretty sure most experts think Atlantis never existed

Finally someone caught that. Although people do speculated that if it did exist, it was more of a continent.

world of warcraft is an intentional rip-off of world of war hammer.

yep

and I personally discount Oceania as a continent, to me its a collection of islands
and Australia is its own continent, its the only place that's a country and a continent

my French teacher failed me in geography because he refused to acknowledge Australia as a continent :mad:

Let's get the train back on it's tracks, shall we?

Liechtenstein's Japanese voice actress in Hetalia is Rie Kugimiya, who is commonly known as "Tsundere Goddess" or "The Queen of Tsundere".

Deception said:
yep

and I personally discount Oceania as a continent, to me its a collection of islands
and Australia is its own continent, its the only place that's a country and a continent

my French teacher failed me in geography because he refused to acknowledge Australia as a continent :mad:

Most guys in my school can't find Australia on a map. Sad because we're in Australia.

Giga12 said:
Most guys in my school can't find Australia on a map. Sad because we're in Australia.
...I just got a mind*bleep*

I think I said this in another thread a little while ago, but...

Kagamine Len was actually originally a mistake when Crypton was developing Kagamine Rin's voicebank, because it was too low. However, they kept the voicebank in the final project, and released them as a set.

And since it was originally just going to be Rin, I don't think her surname was Kagamine at the time of development, but that's just me.

Fun fact: The tradition of carrying the Olympic Torch and lighting it in the stadium at the opening ceremony was not a ritual from the start, the first games it was done at were the Nazi olympics in 1936.

And now, here's eight Tiny Toon Adventures facts, all of which are true:

• The pilot episode "The Looney Beginning" was the only episode to have aired on CBS.
  • There was at least one episode that was co-written by three fans of the show who were teenagers at the time.
  • The show was originally not going to be a TV series at all. It was originally planned to be a theatrical movie, the decision to adapt it for television didn't come until December 1988.
  • In 1992, the show received it's first spinoff, The Plucky Duck Show, which (except for the first episode "The Return of Batduck") consisted entirely of recycled Plucky-centric episodes from the original series. How can they get away with being THAT cheap?
  • Even though Furrball mostly cannot speak at all (other than making usual cat sounds), he does speak English in at least two episodes: "Cinemaniacs" (in the Star Trek-spoofing segment, titled "Duck Trek") and very briefly in "Buster and the Wolverine" (after the wolverine snatches Sweetie away), commenting (and nearly crying) on how he should've been the one who would eat Sweetie (both from the first season).
  • Another Furrball fact: throughout the entire series, the hole's location occasionally alternates between his right ear and his left, though it's almost always on his right.
  • Concord Condor ends nearly every sentence he speaks with either "no no no no" or "yup yup yup yup".
  • Even though Bookworm never speaks on the show itself, he does very briefly in one level in the video game Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose.

Back