Fun facts

Today is Scrabble Day for word geeks(like me).

Fun Fact at least one person has been demoted in the month of January every year since 2008

Fun Fact) Too much or too little of Sonic Hedgehog (a type of protein or amino acid) can cause babies to be born with double faces or extra limbs.

- It takes glass one million years to decompose, which means it can be recycled an infinite amount of times
- Gold is the only metal that doesn't rust
- The roar you hear when you put a seashell next to your ear is not the ocean, but the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear
- The University of Alaska spans four time zones

MCS said:
- The roar you hear when you put a seashell next to your ear is not the ocean, but the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear

No it isn't. It's most likely ambient noise.

"Magnetic Rag" is one of the last ragtime pieces that Scott Joplin had published in his lifetime, and it was noteworthy for having a structure relatively uncommon to ragtime in general.

Mario4Ever said:
MCS said:

No it isn't. It's most likely ambient noise.

It can be both.

Princeton has the most college football national championships with 28 in total

ジュゲムザクイック said:
Demidevimon said:
In New York the penalty for jumping off a building is death
Wouldn't that be called a win-win condition? Death either way?
What if you're a kid and just proving you can do it? And I mean a small building by this, not a skyscraper. You could also decide you don't want to die anymore.

Demidevimon said:
ジュゲムザクイック said:
Demidevimon said:
Wouldn't that be called a win-win condition? Death either way?
What if you're a kid and just proving you can do it? And I mean a small building by this, not a skyscraper. You could also decide you don't want to die anymore.
I automatically assumed a building high enough to die. Sorry.

No, don't worry, it's a fairly easy assumption and I really don't mind.

Another fun fact, I used to post fun facts on my Twitter profile

Demidevimon said:
That's weird since the Death Penalty in New York hasn't been practiced since 1963

Fun fact) If you printed out every single article on Wikipedia, it would be equivalent to roughly 1,760 volumes (if printed at the density of Encyclopedia Britannica's volumes) and weigh over 7,000 pounds.

I guess this is kind of a bump. :P

Fun fact: The song "Bad Apple!!", originally from Tōhō Project, had a music box version released that was used in an RPG called "Ib".

And not necessarily a fun fact, but kind of goes with above;
Many fans think that Cristina Vee's English lyrics fit Ib better than Tōhō. (This is more of an opiniative thing, btw.)

Fun fact: Buddha was not fat. He would go on fasts where he would only eat a few grains of rice a day. He was actually so thin, if you poked him in the stomach, you could feel his backbone! :eek:

Also, the original Santa Claus is far from fat as well.

Back