Fun facts

Fun fact: When both of my parents were born, there were only 48 states.

Charles zi Britannia said:
Guys would you stop posting personal facts, there's a thread for that.

Fun Fact) President McKinley was shot on September 6, 1901 and died eight days later.

Fun Fact) McKinley was known as the fastest political hand shaker, but this caused him to be shot as he wasn't paying attention to the assassin who was right in front of him.

Fun Fact) McKinley's secret service were on the lookout, looking at the line, for any possible people who may be threats. They only payed attention to the only black man in the line who later tackled the assassin to the ground and found out to be a Chief Sheriff of the local county.

Fun Fact) There was a family before the assassin in line, who shook hands with McKinley, in that family there was a little girl. McKinley squatted down and gave her what he called his lucky carnation flower, just before he was shot.

Fun Fact) The surgeons had a bit of a problem getting the bullet out of McKinley, one, he was rather obese, and two, the gel like material they used was so flammable that they have to turn off the lights, open a window a bit, and use a tea tray to reflect the light for the surgeons to see.

Charles x McKinley OTP

Wait, a fun fact...

Oliver! is the only G-rated film to have won the Academy Award for Best Picture.

Fun Fact) Glass is actually a liquid not a solid

Interesting. Maybe this scene is more possible then I thought

(Just kidding of course, and sorry I just had to lol)

And to be on topic: In ancient Rome, it was considered a sign of leadership to be born with a crooked nose.

Fun Fact) The Prawns from the movie District 9 are not speaking some alien language, they are infact speaking zhulu, a language in Africa.

Fun Fact) President Taft, after leaving office he was named Chief Justice of the Supreme Court by his successor Woodrow Wilson.

Fun Fact) President Taft, after leaving office he was named Chief Justice of the Supreme Court by his successor Woodrow Wilson.
wrong Taft was nominated by Wilson's Successor Warren G. Harding in July of 1921

Fun fact William Henry Harrison holds the shortest term as president with a term of either 30 or 31 days he was also the first president to die in office

already said, 32 days.

Fun Fact) Warren G. Harding died in office, of natural causes, on August 2, 1923.

Fun fact John Tyler nominated Caleb Cushing three times in one day to be the Secretary of the Treasury but he was rejected each time

Fun Fact) Calvin Coolidge succeeded to office as Vice President when Warren Harding died in office. Won office in his own rights in the 1924 presidential election.

Fun fact it took the democrats over 100 ballots during the 1924 election to decide who their candidate was going to be and on the 103 ballot they nominated John W. Davis

Fun Fact) President Herbert Hoover published an English translation of Georgius Agricola's Renaissance text on mining and metallurgy "De re metallica."

Fun Fact) Radio talk show host hate to say Herbert Hoover's name, try saying his name five times fast.

Now I'm going to have to think twice before eating one of those :eek:

Fun Fact: The glue used in Sticky Notes was discovered while trying to find a superglue

fun fact: 2 out of every 6 deaths involve people who have hats on :posh:

Fun fact) Surgeons who grew up playing video games make 37 percent fewer mistakes.

^Copied from a fun fact website (thought I'd give them credit)

EDIT: Here's a really strange one I also got from the same website: Former President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader.

Yoshiwalker said:
Now I'm going to have to think twice before eating one of those :eek:

Fun Fact: The glue used in Sticky Notes was discovered while trying to find a superglue
Fun Fact) You'll need to consume 6,000,000 bananas to die from radiation poisoning.

Back