Wario - Secret Genius?

ChrisAlassal

Monty Mole
Wario's often mocked for being a pretty dumb guy, both in the games and otherwise. But throughout the series, subtle hints are being dropped that he may be smarter than he's letting on.

Part 1 - Child Prodigy

Even as an infant, Wario understood how magnets worked, and used a magnet to his greedy advantage. Babies capable of using semi-complex tools aren't a common thing.

Part 2 - Wario is a strategical genius.

What other villain in the series created a diversionary tactic that lasted an entire game? Tatanga, as it was revealed, was really just a distraction so that Wario could take over Mario's castle. In Super Mario Land 2, Tatanga's revealed as Wario's minion. (And yes, that alien is Tatanga, not just a lookalike, it's been confirmed). Organizing a coupe of one land for the sole purpose of taking over another is sheer brilliance at its best.

Part 3 - Wario's programming skills

Though he expresses frustration in WarioWare's opening, Wario makes games with the best of them, and clearly has enough advanced programming knowledge to make his own videogames. But if that weren't enough...

Part 4 - Wario the Inventor.

In Wario: Master of Disguise, Wario invents the TELMET, a telporting helmet capable of transporting him into the television dimension. In a matter of seconds, no less. A dimensional transport machine is nothing to sneeze at.

Oh, and in various games(Wario's Woods, VB Wario Land, Wario Land 3), he's seen flying a plane. You have to have some knowledge to do that.

Conclusion

So what does this mean? Games have made references to Wario not being the brightest bulb, but is he perhaps feigning stupidity on purpose? Perhaps, even, so his enemies will let their guards down? Jests about his intellect(or lack thereof) aside, Wario may very well be one of the smartest people in the Marioverse.

OMG, i never noticed that!

See, i knew he was smart. but he still looks kinda stupid, hehehehehehehe

wario's a genius! yahoooooooooo :wario: :wario: :wario: :wario: :wario:

you're 50% right

9-Volt probably makes the games. and in the SM64DS book, it says, "not to mention smarts"

Re: you're 50% right

Max2 said:
9-Volt probably makes the games. and in the SM64DS book, it says, "not to mention smarts"

No, no. In WarioWare, each character's games are developed by that person. So yes, even Wario develops the "Wario" games in Warioware.

I always saw Wario as some kind of idiot savant, seemingly stupid, but highly adept at certain stuff, in Wario's case, machinery/electronics.

ChrisAlassal said:
Max2 said:

No, no. In WarioWare, each character's games are developed by that person. So yes, even Wario develops the "Wario" games in Warioware.
Well, Wario seems to like nose pixxin'.

He loves it. Ever play WarioWorld? How many times he picks his nose...
Anyway, I think Wario is good at machinery, but lacks a bit of common sense and since his greed overtakes him often, it's reasonable to say that he is smart, yet stupid.[/b]

I've played/seen videos of every WarioWare game, and there are nose picking games all there. In twisted though, it's one of Kat and Ana's minigames.

I've never seen him actually portrayed as dumb, but his greed clouds his intelligence, making him do stupid stuff.

Hmm... we have another Princess Peach paradox going down here. She's smart in some games, but dumb in others. But this here is even cooler, because Wario is obviously more of a genious. Peach has good ruling skillz, but...

I always thought that Wario was too smart for his own good, so at times (nose-picking) he seems dumb. Although sometimes, he is so greedy that it is hard to imagine him somehow secretly being a genius.

One aspect of Wario's genius is that he has discovered that living exorbetantly is not always bad. The genius of Wario may be his greed!

I guess it comes to the whole thing about "A genious is only a term describing a person with a high IQ. A smart person knows how to work hard." Or however that goes.

Also, Wario can... um... uh... drop buckets on people's headz! That makes him smart! *snickers*

Wario...

is...

kinda stupid.

Ah. His one and only, lovable failing.

Besides the garlic breath.

Yeah. But, he may well be smarter than E.Gadd even! I mean, like was previously said, building a dimension-controling device that works with your TV and Remote in a matter of seconds isn't something you can do on average.

Back