Wario - Secret Genius?

picking your nose doesn't mean your dumb
i pick my nose and get all A's
did I say that
I mean uh...uh...uh...uh uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh

Re: you're 50% right

Plumber said:
He loves it. Ever play WarioWorld? How many times he picks his nose...
Anyway, I think Wario is good at machinery, but lacks a bit of common sense and since his greed overtakes him often, it's reasonable to say that he is smart, yet stupid.[/b]

And how many times did he scratch his butt...

No amount of picking or scratching degrades his IQ. On the subject Mario is smarter than he seems too.

-He flies a helicopter in DK jr. and SML3. Not to mention a plane (SML) and even a spaceship (SMB2)
-C'mon! He's got to have learned SOMETHING from all those edutainment games he's starred in!
-He's a doctor. No duh.
-He seems to know some about electronics (Hotel Mario)

SiFi said:
No amount of picking or scratching degrades his IQ. On the subject Mario is smarter than he seems too.

-He flies a helicopter in DK jr. and SML3. Not to mention a plane (SML) and even a spaceship (SMB2)
-C'mon! He's got to have learned SOMETHING from all those edutainment games he's starred in!
-He's a doctor. No duh.
-He seems to know some about electronics (Hotel Mario)

I could fly a helicopter on autopilot, star in 50 edutainment games, shove pills down someone's throat, and be able to operate a computer without blowing it up and be called a genius too.

:P

No, no no no no no. I read that issue of VGcats. They got it all wrong. Note the name of the miracle pills that are the puzzle pieces of Doctor Mario. That's right, Megavitamins!

Also, anyone played rampage? Some of you who have my remember the newspaper headline from George's story:

EVER GROWING CONCERN OVER MEGA VITAMIN.

Clearly, Mario is artificially creating giant monkeys (Kongs to some of you) to fight a division of the Koopa Troop *Coughkremlingkrewcough*.

I'll admit, I'm crazy.

And to anyone who may have found hidden size 0 messages in some of my recent posts, I'm sorry.

Yoshi also is a genius. He knows how to pronounce his name! :eek:

SiFi said:
No, no no no no no. I read that issue of VGcats. They got it all wrong. Note the name of the miracle pills that are the puzzle pieces of Doctor Mario. That's right, Megavitamins!

Also, anyone played rampage? Some of you who have my remember the newspaper headline from George's story:

EVER GROWING CONCERN OVER MEGA VITAMIN.

Clearly, Mario is artificially creating giant monkeys (Kongs to some of you) to fight a division of the Koopa Troop *Coughkremlingkrewcough*.

I'll admit, I'm crazy.

And to anyone who may have found hidden size 0 messages in some of my recent posts, I'm sorry.

Which VGCats?

The one about Doctor Mario. I overheard you referencing it.

He doesn't NEED them. They just so happen to be there.

So 1000 years ago people put them in temples JUST so that Wario could get through.

SiFi said:
The one about Doctor Mario. I overheard you referencing it.

LOLOLOLOL, yeah.

"Being a doctor is hard".

Anyhoo, I don't think that those directions are there for Wario. They're for the stupid homosapien directing him. :P

ChrisAlassal said:
Wario's often mocked for being a pretty dumb guy, both in the games and otherwise. But throughout the series, subtle hints are being dropped that he may be smarter than he's letting on.

Part 1 - Child Prodigy

Even as an infant, Wario understood how magnets worked, and used a magnet to his greedy advantage. Babies capable of using semi-complex tools aren't a common thing.

Part 2 - Wario is a strategical genius.

What other villain in the series created a diversionary tactic that lasted an entire game? Tatanga, as it was revealed, was really just a distraction so that Wario could take over Mario's castle. In Super Mario Land 2, Tatanga's revealed as Wario's minion. (And yes, that alien is Tatanga, not just a lookalike, it's been confirmed). Organizing a coupe of one land for the sole purpose of taking over another is sheer brilliance at its best.

Part 3 - Wario's programming skills

Though he expresses frustration in WarioWare's opening, Wario makes games with the best of them, and clearly has enough advanced programming knowledge to make his own videogames. But if that weren't enough...

Part 4 - Wario the Inventor.

In Wario: Master of Disguise, Wario invents the TELMET, a telporting helmet capable of transporting him into the television dimension. In a matter of seconds, no less. A dimensional transport machine is nothing to sneeze at.

Oh, and in various games(Wario's Woods, VB Wario Land, Wario Land 3), he's seen flying a plane. You have to have some knowledge to do that.

Conclusion

So what does this mean? Games have made references to Wario not being the brightest bulb, but is he perhaps feigning stupidity on purpose? Perhaps, even, so his enemies will let their guards down? Jests about his intellect(or lack thereof) aside, Wario may very well be one of the smartest people in the Marioverse.
LoL So true. ;D

Free Loader said:
inb4lock because the mods think we should waste space by re-making topics instead of bumping them...
YES! SOMEONE FINALLY UNDERSTANDS THE ABSURDITY OF THE 30-DAY RULE!!!

Also, another time Mario is smarter then he looks like:

He piloted a spaceship again in SPM.

ShyGuy27 said:
reecer6 said:

WARIO, not Mario.

I know, it was a reply to a previous post about also how Mario is smarter then he looks, which really didn't need to be mentioned.
Toadbert101 said:
reecer6 said:

Besides, Mario never did that in SPM.

Oh wait, I was thinking on Drawn to Life.

Stumpers said:
Hmm... we have another Princess Peach paradox going down here. She's smart in some games, but dumb in others. But this here is even cooler, because Wario is obviously more of a genious. Peach has good ruling skillz, but...

More like Peach is just less dumb in some games. A good heart does´t make someone intelligent.

Wario IS intelligent indeed. I hate how they depicted him as the "brainless muscle" in SM64 DS, when he has proven to be capable of using the brain in a lot of games and situations.

Back