Would you like a new entry in the Mario Strikers series?

If they ever do have a new Mario Strikers. I hope they return Custom Tournaments from the first game. I know in Strikers Charged you can make a series and that's all well and good but I liked booting up a full-on tournament in the first rather then just head into the tournament mode that gets unforgivably hard if you move far enough. (I was lucky when I got Diddy, I don't think I have the patience to attempt to get Petey though)

I would rather see another Mario Baseball game. I've always preferred those to the Mario Strikers games.

the only reason i prefer mario baseball is because baby luigi is in that one

I don't like EITHER of the princesses expose their bellies too. Just, cover that up. Even if a freaking shirt isn't enough by far to cover blows by a metallic soccer ball, it's still something, I guess.

I'd like to see a new Strikers game!
I read on the wiki that Deanna Mustard loves those games because Daisy's personality shines in them.

I just hope they don't recycle ancient voice clips like they have for all the recent Mario games.

i'm trying to think of what new captains could be in this game, but it's kind of hard... i can only imagine birdo, rosalina, and maybe metal mario. i considered the babies, but the strikers environment doesn't seem very appropriate for them.

Nyrie said:
i considered the babies, but the strikers environment doesn't seem very appropriate for them.
Agreed. Mario Kart is fine, but if Strikers is so intense that it requires BODY ARMOR, then I think it's too harsh an environment for babies.

Eh it's a cartoon. I wouldn't mind Baby Luigi getting slammed by a flying tractor.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I'd like to see a new Strikers game!
I read on the wiki that Deanna Mustard loves those games because Daisy's personality shines in them.

I just hope they don't recycle ancient voice clips like they have for all the recent Mario games.
If they do, better recycle the electrocution noises in the first Mario Strikers game.

Nyrie said:
i'm trying to think of what new captains could be in this game, but it's kind of hard... i can only imagine birdo, rosalina, and maybe metal mario. i considered the babies, but the strikers environment doesn't seem very appropriate for them.
Honey Queen, maybe? King Boo and Funky Kong would be good, too. Oh, how about King K. Rool? There are Kritters there, why not the king himself?

funky kong is pretty meh, but i hadn't thought about k. rool, he'd be a great addition
too bad it probably wouldn't happen :(

so i actually bought this game again and wow i forgot how hard it was
i barely even made it through the crystal cup
diddy kong was easy though lol

The game is pretty tough as nails. I got through mostly by abusing Boo's deke for easy goals. I also abused Toad's deke, but it's not as successful as Boo, so Toad is mainly there because he's fast and he CAN leap over goalies.

i prefer using dry bones' deke because he can literally teleport straight into the goal if you do it right, and it's pretty easy to do with practice.

my team in the road to the striker cup right now has luigi as captain, with dry bones, hammer bro, and boo as sidekicks. they seem to work pretty well.

Dry Bones requires some set-up, though. Toad needs just timing. Boo has an even smaller margin of error compared to Toad, so it surprisingly netted me the most goals. I didn't use Hammer Bro. because he felt too slow for me, and I built my team around cheesing through goalies. :P Except Mario, he's just... there.

yeah, hammer bro is slow, but i like using him because his insane shooting power combined with his skillshot can make for some pretty easy goals.

also, his deke is hilarious to me :p

When did this become a Mario Strikers Charged discussion?

That said, if another Mario Strikers title is ever planned, we should have the option to choose the difficulty level of your tournament session. The Striker Cup's difficulty in Strikers Charged was just very insane, which makes the knockout stage even more tedious to beat; one loss and you have to redo the whole cup all over again.

Guess they were for a somewhat authentic experience? But it was definitely frustrating. It's why to this day I still haven't unlocked Petey.

Mcmadness said:
Guess they were for a somewhat authentic experience? But it was definitely frustrating. It's why to this day I still haven't unlocked Petey.

I was able to get Petey with the team of Mario, Koopa Troopa, Hammer Bro, and Dry Bones. However, I was never able to unlock the Galactic Stadium.

At least Super Mario Strikers gave you the option to choose the difficulty level of the cup battles, though you can't choose the Rookie difficulty for the super cup battles.

They should make a new one, as I have never played it and would be fun!

Nyrie said:
yeah, hammer bro is slow, but i like using him because his insane shooting power combined with his skillshot can make for some pretty easy goals.

also, his deke is hilarious to me :p
His Skillshot also requires open space and se-up, so I think it's situational. You can spam deke and then skillshot, but I think it's just faster to use Boo and just go for it: run right into the goalie and teleport and then instantly shoot. Takes some practice, but it's easier to pull off than Toad's deke, and Boo will score most of your goals.

MnSG said:
Mcmadness said:

I was able to get Petey with the team of Mario, Koopa Troopa, Hammer Bro, and Dry Bones. However, I was never able to unlock the Galactic Stadium.

At least Super Mario Strikers gave you the option to choose the difficulty level of the cup battles, though you can't choose the Rookie difficulty for the super cup battles.
I got all the unlockables (aside from the sidequests, that goddamn Yoshi one with you losing 0-5 and on a limited timer, screw that mission) and I'm so happy about that.

i remember at one point, shortly after playing that one 60 minute match against bowser jr., you were able to deflect all orange balls the cpus did

thank god for homebrew for the 60 minute match though, it unintentionally refined your skills :P

Honestly, though, if they make another one, the game will probably be something gimmicky like this (I'm not even that exaggerating, this is literally how Nintendo advertises on the back cover of their game cases):

MARIO STRIKERS: ULTRA BALLS

-Use the new ULTRA BALL and play generic soccer with BIG BALLS!

-WAGGLE the WIIMOTE to kick HARDER!

-Unleash a MEGA KICK by blowing into the MIC!

-The most EXCITING Mario soccer game YET!

From the creators of Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. ©2016 All rights reserved

Striker Mario said:
His Skillshot also requires open space and se-up, so I think it's situational. You can spam deke and then skillshot, but I think it's just faster to use Boo and just go for it: run right into the goalie and teleport and then instantly shoot. Takes some practice, but it's easier to pull off than Toad's deke, and Boo will score most of your goals.

I didn't exactly consider Boo to be all that great of a sidekick, since its Skillshot is pretty much useless at stunning Kritter, and even its deke doesn't exactly go far enough to get past Kritter either.

Dry Bones felt much more useful at making goals on my end, since its Skillshot can actually paralyze Kritter long enough to get a free goal in, and its deke is long-ranged if you charge up the ball enough.

Andymii said:
MARIO STRIKERS: ULTRA BALLS

-Use the new ULTRA BALL and play generic soccer with BIG BALLS!

-WAGGLE the WIIMOTE to kick HARDER!

-Unleash a MEGA KICK by blowing into the MIC!

-The most EXCITING Mario soccer game YET!

From the creators of Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. ©2016 All rights reserved
-UPGRADE your in-game EQUIPMENT by taking PHOTOS of REAL LIFE EQUIPMENT using the GAMEPAD CAMERA!
-EXPERIENCE the thrill of kicking an actual SOCCER BALL with the all new SOCCER BALL CONTROLLER!

And introducing an all-new game mechanic: diving! Witness your players fall down from another player brushing against them, acting as if they broke every bone in their body!

And to make it closer to that soccer experience, games are now THREE MAGNIFICENT HOURS LONG!

So order your very own copy of MARIO STRIKERS: SUPER FUCKS for the Nintendo Dream Boy today!

Back