Who are you voting for (or would vote for if you could)?

Best candidate?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • None of them

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
or hilary

you don't know how much i've been bullied for being named hilary ;-;

i expect congress would stop a lot of bernie's policies from being enacted, but i'd rather have a president that fails to do good than a president that actively does bad

Charley Dietz said:
Bernie: Has opposing views to mine on essentially everything
what you said really throws me off

i've searched up his views on google, as it has a fancy layout that links to everything along with a summary of his thoughts. he has stated that he wants to advance lgbt rights, cut carbon pollution, put people with substance abuse problems in treatment instead of prison, make universal healthcare a right, transition to clean energy, etc. if you're really opposed to everything he stands for, then that's not a good thing.

i don't mean to start any flame wars, but i feel like i have to address this as cruz actually scares me, and not because of the zodiac killer meme

Billy The Kitten said:
all i know about ted cruzs views is hes advocated going after and killing the family of isis members which is a war crime/violates the geneva convention so...do i really need to know anything else (probably but still lets not have a president who advocates committing war crimes)
pretty sure it was trump who said this

unless cruz agreed with him too

I'm torn between Bernie and Clinton, I agree the most with Bernie but the idea with congress blocking everything might not work therefore I think Hilary despite disagreeing in areas would probably make the biggest positive impact.

2257 said:
keep in mind that roy doesn't actually have views. his parents do

I'm getting super annoyed with you guys right now. So I agree with my mom. Why does that mean I don't have my own views? It's not like I'm five and have to agree with everything my mom agrees with, I'm 14 and have my own opinions. But for some odd reason, everyone here thinks I don't, and seems to refuse to accept that. Honestly, if this keeps up I'm going to have to leave the community because I'm going to start getting triggered every time someone mentions something like what I just quoted. I really don't want that to happen, so please, stop saying things like that.

Charley Dietz said:
2257 said:
I'm getting super annoyed with you guys right now. So I agree with my mom. Why does that mean I don't have my own views? It's not like I'm five and have to agree with everything my mom agrees with, I'm 14 and have my own opinions. But for some odd reason, everyone here thinks I don't, and seems to refuse to accept that. Honestly, if this keeps up I'm going to have to leave the community because I'm going to start getting triggered every time someone mentions something like what I just quoted. I really don't want that to happen, so please, stop saying things like that.
No, tell us. Tell us why you think Ted Cruz is a good candidate for the president of the United States. Tell us why you think this is correct. We'll be waiting.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Charley Dietz said:
2257 said:
No, tell us. Tell us why you think Ted Cruz is a good candidate for the president of the United States. Tell us why you think this is correct. We'll be waiting.
What if he actually says why?

My god this board is just like lunch at school, I love it

My main problem with Ted Cruz is that he's conservative to a ridiculous extent. He's the type of person that will disagree with everything Obama says because Obama said it. He's also super-evongelical with a strict anti-LGBT stance. All in all, he's just not flexible, and that's a problem.

In a less complex way, he's just annoying- from filibustering, contributing to the government shutdown, and giving this monologue during New Year that was clearly designed to annoy people. In a political sense, Cruz is marginally better than Trump, but if he's going to keep this attitude throughout his term, then I don't know what to say.

The fact that he verbally attacks "New York values" doesn't make me like him too much, either.

Uh oh, I looked on "Who's Online" and it said he's about to post.

There are two main reasons I like Cruz above the others: that he's conservative (surprise, I'm conservative too), and that he's saved like I am. Maybe you don't like that, but it's what I believe.

Charley Dietz said:
There are two main reasons I like Cruz above the others: that he's conservative (surprise, I'm conservative too), and that he's saved like I am. Maybe you don't like that, but it's what I believe.
Out of curiosity, what do you think about some of his stances, such as his staunch opposition of same-sex marriage, his opposition of marijuana's legalization, his opposition of the Common Core education system, and other issues?

I don't know much about American politics, but could you explain 'saved' to me?

It refers to religious salvation; basically, you're loyal to a certain religion and follow its tenements, and that makes your soul all pure and primed for heaven.

Charley Dietz said:
Why are you conservative?

Time Turner said:
Charley Dietz said:
Out of curiosity, what do you think about some of his stances, such as his staunch opposition of same-sex marriage, his opposition of marijuana's legalization, his opposition of the Common Core education system, and other issues?

I agree with pretty much all of them except for the last one you mentioned, which tbh I don't have an opinion on, being homeschooled.

Boaty McBoatface said:
I don't know much about American politics, but could you explain 'saved' to me?

It's the term for someone who's a Christian, and it has nothing to do with politics.

Preview edit: TT explained it for me.

Also:

Chiaki Nanami said:
Charley Dietz said:

Because I'm more right-wing than left (I think I have my wings right, I'm not sure) in that I agree with most of what conservative republicans say.

Notice the 'most' though.

Please explain your stance against same-sex marriage; I've always been interested in why people think that.

Charley Dietz said:
Chiaki Nanami said:
Charley Dietz said:

Because I'm more right-wing than left
"Why are you conservative?" "Because I'm conservative"

Andymii said:
Please explain your stance against same-sex marriage; I've always been interested in why people think that.
From most the arguments I've seen against it, it's because marriage is a "Christian thing", and somewhere in the Bible the gays are meant to be the bad guys.

However, and I'll admit to not knowing the full history of marriage here, whilst marriage may have its roots in Christian beliefs (probably Pagan tbh), it has been so far adopted into mainstream society that it really has no religious significance whatsoever unless you want it to. And if we're going to ban gays from marriage because of Christian roots, Christmas is supposed to be a Christian holiday, are we going to suggest banning gays from celebrating that?

no, religious beliefs dictate how you live your life, not how you want others to live their lives

Back