Favorite Chapter of TTYD?

Which chapter of Paper Mario 2 is your favorite?

• Prologue: A Rogue's Welcome

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chapter 1: Castle and Dragon

• Chapter 2: The Great Boggly Tree

• Chapter 3: Of Glitz and Glory

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Chapter 4: For Pigs the Bell Tolls

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Chapter 5: The Key to Pirates

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Chapter 6: 3 Days of Excess

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Chapter 7: Mario Shoots the Moon

• Chapter 8: The Thousand-Year Door

• Total voters

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
'Shroom Consultant
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo
to be honest i basically never think about it but probably chapter 6

>already 2 votes for Chapter 3

I voted Chapter 5. Great aesthetic, great boss, and you get Bobbery.

3, 3, 3 ALL THE WAAAAAAAY MAN. Plus we get YOSHI KIIIIIID.

chapter 5 is a close second followed by chapter 6, then chapter 7 (taking away the backtracking) and finally chapter 8 tied for third.

6 with 5 as a close second

how do you accidentally put "good answer" instead of "close second"

3 and 6 are pretty good

3 is overrated.

"Let your enemy attack you 5 times. Don't attack for the first three turns."

5 and 6 aside from the navigating the tidal waves in 5 and navigating the garbage chute and fighting the flying spiked Buzzy Beetles in 6.

I find the settings of the 6th chapter really lovely (the train, the landscape seen from it and Riverside Station...), plus there's Pennington!
Aesthetically talking I also like Boggly Woods and the Great Tree.
Overall, my favorite is the 6th, but I also like the 3rd (Mini-Yoshi! And some fighting with mysteries too!) and the 7th (the cannon cutscene and the moon part, including X-Naut fortress). But, like with Paper Mario, I think that all chapters are actually interesting to say the least.

I was pretty deep into my goth/emo phase when I reignited my love for this game, so I will always have embarrassingly fond memories of Chapter 4. So dark, so moody! And it drove me to read For Whom the Bell Tolls, so it gets some props for inspiring me to pick up a book.

But I think looking back on it now, my favorite's gotta be the train. The setting is great, and I love the mock-mystery aboard a train. Chapter 4's a pretty close second, though.

chapter 5 is my favourite in the series, followed by 3 and then 4

i never really understood why people like chapter 6 so much
like yeah the settings were pretty cool but it's just really boring to me

The chapter comprises of twenty-or-so fights, with each fight having a randomised restriction posed upon you. There are no interesting puzzles featured in the entire chapter.

i can't really explain why i like chapter 3, i just do
maybe it's because of the atmosphere of being in a (kind of) wrestling tournament, maybe it's because i love yoshi kid, maybe it's because of rawk hogan

2257 said:
i have never understood what the appeal of chapter 3 was supposed to be. it felt like the "we ran out of development time" chapter to me

although i always thought everyone liked 3, and that i was in a small minority for liking chapter 6 the best. and uhhhh... apparently i was wrong
It has one of the most vibrant aesthetics in the game, shows off a plethora of cool enemies, introduces the Yoshi partner to players, and there's also the neat secretive/dark mystery stuff going on in the background. I saw it as a breather from regular battles; instead of being able to do whatever you want, you have to work towards or even against certain rules, which makes things more challenging. I can see why people would like it.

I'm honestly more surprised none of the other chapters beyond 3, 4, 5, and 6 are getting any love.

My second favourite chapters are 1 and 7 because they're the only tolerable ones after 5, and 8 gets a special mention for being the last chapter but it has pretty uninteresting puzzles and movement.

Chiaki Nanami said:
The chapter comprises of twenty-or-so fights, with each fight having a randomised restriction posed upon you. There are no interesting puzzles featured in the entire chapter.

someone doesn't smell what the RAWK is cookin

3202a93f61.jpg

Chiaki Nanami said:
My second favourite chapters are 1 and 7 because they're the only tolerable ones after 5, and 8 gets a special mention for being the last chapter but it has pretty uninteresting puzzles and movement.
7 has that god-awful backtracking quest through all of the cities. General White ends up being at Fahr Outpost anyways, which makes everything completely pointless. All of my thoughts on the chapter are completely tainted by it.

Back