Favorite Chapter of TTYD?

Which chapter of Paper Mario 2 is your favorite?

• Prologue: A Rogue's Welcome

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chapter 1: Castle and Dragon

• Chapter 2: The Great Boggly Tree

• Chapter 3: Of Glitz and Glory

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Chapter 4: For Pigs the Bell Tolls

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Chapter 5: The Key to Pirates

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Chapter 6: 3 Days of Excess

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Chapter 7: Mario Shoots the Moon

• Chapter 8: The Thousand-Year Door

• Total voters
Contra(dictory) said:
what's good about riverside station though
I avoid riverside station. that... place is so empty and... devoid of npcs. Sure it looks becautiful BUT IT UNNERVES ME (It gives me the feeling that something bad... really bad happened o-o). I agree with tabuu.

Contra(dictory) said:
what's good about riverside station though
I look forward to the part of the game where I get to run around in an abandoned station. I guess if I had to come up with something then; the sunset is pretty, the enemies aren't annoying to deal with, I love the setting, I get a stronger jump.

I don't really need to think too hard about why I like it, I just do.

Was I the only one who though this place was planned to have a mid-boss battle? You know doopliss and the shadow sirens. I was honestly expecting doppliss to burst out of the sun or some shit on your way back.

Since wer are delving into this topic, I'll tell you what I like about Riverside Station.
First of all, the obvious: the rocky desert with mountainsand sunset is one of the most beautiful settings in TTYD - along with Boggly Woods and the moon.
But then, there is the abandoned station with a mix of XIX century elements - e.g. the bricks and architecture - and modern elements all together - e.g. the clock part and the control room. It really feels like a place with a complex history, mostly abandoned in some parts while still somewhat used in other. There aren't even many generic rooms in there, almost each room has its own elements and you find many rooms you'd expect to find - the ticket office, the clock tower, the archive, the control room, even the trash container! So there is some unexpected degree of realism and almost no repetitiveness. The lack of bosses was surprising (I expected them too), but thinking again it was pretty much to show that even important enemies just ignore this place altogether, it's a lonely place, and even the lack of soundtrack inside the station underlines it.
So, I liked the settings, the great and unique atmosphere inside the station with the impressive care even for small details generating a different experience that stayed in my mind after playing the game and made me want to see that place again in all its details - and I did when I finally "100%ed" TTYD! I was even surprised by the strange yet unique music theme of the outside - even though it's pretty short.
Of course, the Spring Jump is also a very nice move in and by itself, both when you grab a pipe and when you just hit the roof!

2257 said:
Contra(dictory) said:
i dont get it pls explain

basically,

if you don't acknowledge the superiority of riverside station you're going to be eaten by a giant sticker fairy
pffffft hahahaahano. Besides this isn't about sticker star and you're not going to use the game as an excuse to shove riverside station to people who honestly don't like it. I mean cm'on the moon is better than the station itself.

Riverside station is boring and empty and just breaks the flow of the game to make me flip a switch to open a track

even if i don't really like chapter 6 that much riverside station was definitely the best part of it

I still say that Keelhaul Key is the best spot. It's a tropical paradise. Loved exploring the Pirates Grotto and wouldn't mind having a home in one of the ruined pirate ships. Granted, there's the humidity, and the mold, and no Wi-Fi.

Back