Wii Disc Scratched

YoshiGo99

Shine Sprite
MarioWiki
YoshiGo99
So I've known this problem for a while but I never thought about asking on here. My Super Mario Galaxy disc is unable to play on certain galaxies. It gives me an error screen and very rarely I am able to get around the error messages by ejecting the disc and putting it back in (which is probably a bad idea). This first time it happened was in the Bedroom dome. It usually occurs in,
-The Kitchen dome (sometimes I get an error, sometimes it is fine)
-The Bedroom dome (sometimes error, sometimes not)
-The Garden dome (usually crashes the game, rarely will ejecting the disc work)
The galaxies have no problem, it's the domes.

Now I am sure the problem is that there's a scratch on the disc.
JFAUWxc.jpg
This scratch can be seen clearly if you hold it straight to your eyes unlike other small scratches.

I don't really know what to do in order to get the game to work again. I don't really know if those toothpaste and lotion tricks work. Should I get a new disc or see if GameStop can fix it? What have you guys done to fix a problem like this?

I've tried the toothpaste trick before and it didn't work (instead the disc just went into completely unreadable state).

That's my experiences with it. I've never managed to secure a scratched disc when it was unable to load part of the game.

Try simply watering the disc, it's also helped me deal with scratched discs

Scratched discs can't usually be dealt with by liquids. I've tried this before, from my experience, and the only thing that did work was buying a new disc. GameStop, last I remember, replaces discs for free, so that's probably your best bet.

Laverne Todd said:
Scratched discs can't usually be dealt with by liquids. I've tried this before, from my experience, and the only thing that did work was buying a new disc. GameStop, last I remember, replaces discs for free, so that's probably your best bet.

Alright I'll probably check that out with GameStop.

You should also check the label side of the disc if you see any scratches in it as well, because those are the more vulnerable parts of the disc.

You should actually get the disc resurfaced. It might do the job. Or better yet use plain white toothpaste. It works very well.

Toothpaste is unreliable, the best bet is to replace the disk.

Back