Tribute to Walkazo: Community Drawing (sign-ups available)

I will sign up.
My character is basically irl me but cartoon-ish

GBAToad said:
this is a very petty concern but, maybe it would be better if you were drawn in a way that didn't resemble...death? could you maybe put the hood down or obscure the scythe a bit?

idk i just think it might not be in good taste if walkazo's family, who have no idea what our ocs are supposed to be/represent, sees a character that looks like death in the image. i have no idea how lgm is going to draw this but without any disrespect to her or you i thought i would bring this up, apologies if i'm being pedantic.
Legit concern, GBAToad. I do might have to make some adjustments. I definitely will give characters a cartoonish look, it's just that everything I draw comes out that way, lol. But there's no silliness in my drawing, all right? I'm not going to give Contra the scythe anyhow, no use for it in a funeral-like setting.

Ghost Jam said:
I believe that oc is in one of Walkazo's dragon comics in a much friendlier design, perhaps that one could be used instead.

Man, I really should have taken some time to customize or otherwise differentiate mine instead of just using that sprite as a sig image.

Link the picture?

Well, I can add a few quick touches right now like you holding a piece of pie, I don't know. I'm just starting to draw. This drawing will be HUGE; my file says 4960 x 3508 px and it still might not be enough. I drew one character today and the character is a little over 337 x 519 and it's one of the smaller characters.

Reyson said:
I will sign up.
My character is basically irl me but cartoon-ish
I still need a reference picture.

KPH2293 said:
Will this suffice?

http://wiki.userpedia.net/images/d/d6/KPH_Userart.PNG
It's good enough.

Heads up, Fawfulthegreat64 requested to be part of the picture, so he's now on the list.

We're at 50 right now! Great!

Don't you have a photo or anything you can link to? I don't need necessarily art, just a picture you can link me to in this thread.

Striker Mario said:
I'm not sure what your reference image will be. I can't just get a mugshot if your avatar is meant to be one. A drawing of the whole body would be great since it will ensure I'll get the proportions and the feet correctly. Nevertheless, I will be very happy to put you in even though my workload is getting bigger and bigger, which just shows me that a lot of you care, and that's great news for me! I semi-expected only some support, but this amount of sign-ups really pleases me.

There's the official art from the Cogdis website, which is probably the best reference I can find right now (seeing as how there's barely any fanart of the game).

Reyson said:
lol

If that's true, then it would be great if you can provide a few other angles, and try to find some whole body shots as well while I'm busy, so I can get your proportions correctly, even in cartoon version.

Niiue said:
Striker Mario said:
I'm not sure what your reference image will be. I can't just get a mugshot if your avatar is meant to be one. A drawing of the whole body would be great since it will ensure I'll get the proportions and the feet correctly. Nevertheless, I will be very happy to put you in even though my workload is getting bigger and bigger, which just shows me that a lot of you care, and that's great news for me! I semi-expected only some support, but this amount of sign-ups really pleases me.

There's the official art from the Cogdis website, which is probably the best reference I can find right now (seeing as how there's barely any fanart of the game).
Hey, that works. Didn't even know that was from an existing game, I just thought it was OC art. :P

Got it. Also, added Viper26 to the list as well.

Striker Mario said:
GBAToad said:
this is a very petty concern but, maybe it would be better if you were drawn in a way that didn't resemble...death? could you maybe put the hood down or obscure the scythe a bit?

idk i just think it might not be in good taste if walkazo's family, who have no idea what our ocs are supposed to be/represent, sees a character that looks like death in the image. i have no idea how lgm is going to draw this but without any disrespect to her or you i thought i would bring this up, apologies if i'm being pedantic.
Legit concern, GBAToad. I do might have to make some adjustments. I definitely will give characters a cartoonish look, it's just that everything I draw comes out that way, lol. But there's no silliness in my drawing, all right? I'm not going to give Contra the scythe anyhow, no use for it in a funeral-like setting.

That makes sense.

If you'd like to have the hood off, here's a face ref

http://puu.sh/o0c94/3c54b44232.jpg

though to make it more obvious I'm a character you could go with a literal Tabuu face
http://puu.sh/o0ccS/e885a9613b.jpg

or some kind of weird middleground

it's your work so I'll let you do what you please with me, but those are my suggestions

(sorry if I'm being overly specific or a pain)

Striker Mario said:
Link the picture?

Timetoduel3_708.gif

Well, I can add a few quick touches right now like you holding a piece of pie, I don't know. I'm just starting to draw. This drawing will be HUGE; my file says 4960 x 3508 px and it still might not be enough. I drew one character today and the character is a little over 337 x 519 and it's one of the smaller characters.

If you like. That was a rare moment of projecting from me. Before all of...this....Walkazo had been encouraging me to work on my oc and get back into the meat of the community. :/

Just to clarify, I think the one I'd rather you use is right at the top of the page. Hold on, I'll get the link.

E: Here it is.

If it's fine, I'd prefer another image to be used rather than the Bishop one. A magikoopa with gorgeous red hair wearing nothing but a white mage robe with a red cape is my standard appearance.

Timetoduel3_522x.png

M56l3bW.png

good luck drawing all of these, it's certainly an undertaking

My twin has spent time sketching five of you so far. I forgot how much she has to undertake, but at this rate, she'll get done sketching this in 10+ days, and that's not even counting coloring. So we think there's a very little chance that this artwork would get submitted in time to coincide with the next 'Shroom release, sadly.

Hey, LGM, just so you know this: we're planning on making Issue 111 dedicated to Walkazo. This means that you really don't need to stress this because you'll have until June to finish the drawing. We're doing this so we can construct the special issue with great care. What I'm saying is, take your time, don't stress this.

This is not an April's fools, by the way. It would be extremely cruel of me to do this. You have my honour as a sub-director for The 'Shroom that validates this information being correct.

One last thing: N64dude and I are best friends in this community, so could you put us next to each other, if he doesn't mind?

Hm, seems like I do have the picture. Ghost Jam, anything in particular you want? I don't know your personality too well, but so far, I think I'll have you serving pie to some distressed people just as how a parent bakes cookies. :)

Birdo said:
Can I join? I don't really know what to do on this, but my character would be pretty much birdo.

Birdo3-CaptainSelect-MSS.png
I'll figure out what character will do what.

Laverne Todd said:
Just to clarify, I think the one I'd rather you use is right at the top of the page. Hold on, I'll get the link.

E: Here it is.
Thanks for that.

Anton said:
If it's fine, I'd prefer another image to be used rather than the Bishop one. A magikoopa with gorgeous red hair wearing nothing but a white mage robe with a red cape is my standard appearance.

Timetoduel3_522x.png

M56l3bW.png

good luck drawing all of these, it's certainly an undertaking
Yup, you're fortunately not one of the first five I drew. I chose your bishop one because it seems to be a high-res image and it's used in the infobox. Also, I'd like to say this for everyone else: this is why I'd prefer you give me one picture rather than simply link your userpedia page or assume that you have one because I'll have to choose, especially based on somewhat limited knowledge of your personality; you can't assume the image I choose will be the one that's the most appropriate for the picture.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Hey, LGM, just so you know this: we're planning on making Issue 111 dedicated to Walkazo. This means that you really don't need to stress this because you'll have until June to finish the drawing. We're doing this so we can construct the special issue with great care. What I'm saying is, take your time, don't stress this.

This is not an April's fools, by the way. It would be extremely cruel of me to do this. You have my honour as a sub-director for The 'Shroom that validates this information being correct.
I would never suspect for a moment that this is April Fools, haha...

Laverne Todd said:
One last thing: N64dude and I are best friends in this community, so could you put us next to each other, if he doesn't mind?
Yup, sure.

Heck, so far, I'm planning to put Nyrie with Stargazing and Smg2Daisy with Cirdec, so, important: let me know if you have any close relationships with any other user because I'd love to put you together. I say close because we're all kind of friends to the point, right? So please, don't go overboard with friends and stuff because it'll make grouping users much more difficult in this picture. I am not a mind-reader; don't assume I know relationships.

Striker Mario said:
Yup, you're fortunately not one of the first five I drew. I chose your bishop one because it seems to be a high-res image and it's used in the infobox. Also, I'd like to say this for everyone else: this is why I'd prefer you give me one picture rather than simply link your userpedia page or assume that you have one because I'll have to choose, especially based on somewhat limited knowledge of your personality; you can't assume the image I choose will be the one that's the most appropriate for the picture.

Well I did.. I posted and said use any of the 4 pictures that are readily available in my forum profile directly underneath every post I make

I must've misread something then. Sorry for any misunderstandings...

Striker Mario said:
Hm, seems like I do have the picture. Ghost Jam, anything in particular you want? I don't know your personality too well, but so far, I think I'll have you serving pie to some distressed people just as how a parent bakes cookies. :)

That sound good. Walkazo would get a laugh out of that. :D

Oh, i don't think arfu has signed up yet, but if he does: fyi we are dating so there is another relationship to draw in :), if thats ok, but idk if he has signed up or if he will so yeaaah.

Well, I don't know how much he cares or not, but if you really want him in, it's all right to ask.

Back