Rest in Peace, Walkazo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new member who just joined today, and it's sad to see a fellow forum user pass away just before I join. So, naturally, I don't know Walkazo, and never will get to know her, but I hope she rests in peace.

Kokoro said:
I'm a new member who just joined today, and it's sad to see a fellow forum user pass away just before I join. So, naturally, I don't know Walkazo, and never will get to know her, but I hope she rests in peace.

Don't worry, she was also a Mario fanfiction writer as well. Her posts still remain to look at and you can see all her art on deviantArt.

I can't believe I'm only finding out about this a month after it happened.

I remember I first truly met Walkazo on FF.Net, after I'd read her stories "Morton Loses His Voice" and "Larry Koopa: Zombie Heartbreaker". She responded to my reviews on January 19, 2013. She then recommended "Mercy Be" and so I read it, along with her whole "Queen of the Koopas" series. After that I mentioned my own fic, which she started reading, and ever since she'd leave really quality reviews, giving great feedback. And she was also the only one to point out errors, which I always welcomed. We'd also have wholesome conversations in between chapters. I recognized her name from MarioWiki, since I'd seen her around but never really spoke up.

The last thing I ever said to her was under the guise of my OC... in response to one of her reviews... where she expressed her eagerness about the next chapter.

I posted that next chapter today, before I found out about this. :'(

It's hard to believe it's been a month since Walkazo passed. I've pretty much accepted it, but sometimes I check the wiki and think, "I should tell someone that." My go-to person to tell was Walkazo, but now I can't tell her. I'm still kinda in denial, but I've basically been able to accept it now.

Still, I can't believe it's been a month...

April 27th was the day my electricity was out most of the day, ever since the morning, which was exactly one month past Walkazo's death.

They said it's for maintenance but now I know the real reason the power was out.

I had a dream where she was alive again.

My subconscious doesn't play fair.

Pantaro said:

Your subconscious is never fair. After my Grammy passed away, I literally had a dream that night that she was still alive. It'll end, though. It takes a while, but it will. Believe me.

it's weird seeing her old posts on here and knowing that she's literally dead

rest in peace

I just found out Walkazo died a few days ago when I went to the wiki.

I never really knew Walkazo all that well, but I remember seeing her posts, and I still can't believe that she died, and it is never good when something like this happens.

R.I.P.

jesus, what a shock. sorry to hear.

i don't really know what to add that people who knew walk better than i did haven't already said.

my condolences to walk's family.

I didn't really know her, but I was used to seeing her posts around the forums. It's still shocking and very saddening to learn about her passing, especially since she was my age. She was so young... May she rest in peace.

Although I never knew her personally, she was a great part of the wiki. Everyone is devastated, and I wish comfort to all who knew her. Walkazo, we will never forget you, and we thank you for everything you did for us. You were kind and selfless, always working to make the wiki a better place.
Rest in peace. We all love you and you will be in our hearts forever.

Pantaro said:

I've had this happen with my dog. Don't worry, it at least gives you another chance to see her again.

It's June now and her impact on the wiki and forums is still abundant. Again, I'm sorry for your loss, Pantaro, and may Walkazo rest in peace...

PowerMaster said:
Pantaro said:

I've had this happen with my dog. Don't worry, it at least gives you another chance to see her again.

It's June now and her impact on the wiki and forums is still abundant. Again, I'm sorry for your loss, Pantaro, and may Walkazo rest in peace...
I've also had this happen to me with my dog.

I've known of Walkazo's passing for a week now. I would like to take a few short paragraphs to express my thoughts and condolences.

An overlooked beauty in someone being put to rest, is the realization of others in what that person's life had meant to us. And we remind ourselves of the things they have accomplished and all the good they have done. None of us will make any new memories with Walkazo. And that is why we stopped to remember and cherish every thought we have of her. There really is a hidden beauty in this.

I will remember her positive decisiveness and respected character. This had inspired me in her time, no one else above. Now she is greater than an inspiration: her revered name will carry a timeless and undying reputation.

I know that if Walkazo was reading this today, she would tell me off for being full of "grandiose" and "abusing the thesaurus". But I really am writing from the heart (and I only looked up one synonym). Goodbye Walkazo, some day we'll be online together once more.

-yk

I haven't been very active around NIWA, so I only found out today. I decided to visit my old account here again to express my condolences. I didn't know her very well and haven't been here in years, so I'm not one who can or should be saying much, but I do remember her as a great contributor and community member around the site and this was an awful thing to be finding out through the NIWA forum today. My thoughts go out to friends and family. She'll be missed.

I felt very sad when I first found out she died. When I first joined this wiki. I didn't know I joined only on her last two months (or three if you count January). My condolences to Pantaro Mr and Mrs Daizel and the rest of her family and friends. When I checked her talk page, I was really lost for words. I'm so proud of all the work she's done on the wiki. Don't know how I will go on without her but I will try and I only ever talked to her once, this wiki won't be the same without her and I haven't forgotten even after 6 months she's in a better place now (Heaven) and her legacy will surely live on. And I will most definitely remember the great days where she was still alive. :'(

Reposting this here for posterity:

Anton said:
I sent the donation, here is the automated email I got back:

Dear [my name],

Thank you very much for your donation of $1,000.00 to The Living City Foundation in memory of B. "Walkazo" Dalziel.

Your gift will be directed to the Tommy Thompson Park Bird Research Station.

Your support is very much appreciated and will help us to fund projects of Toronto Region Conservation and beyond. Rest assured that your gift will help us to make a difference where human settlement can flourish as a part of nature's beauty and diversity.

If you have any questions, please feel to contact me at 416-667-6291 or by email at sfortnum@trca.on.ca.

Again, my thanks.

The Living City Foundation

I did receive a pdf to use for tax purposes that I can use as proof of donation. If anyone feels that they need it, I can provide a copy, as well as screen caps of me receiving monetary donations and moving the money around (I had to put it in my bank account because they didn't accept paypal, just bank cards).

I will keep you all updated with any other message I receive.

I also felt I should share this find from the TTPBRS site:

A raptor researcher in Thailand, had heard about the tragedy we had in March concerning Bronwyn. He was moved by her story and commitment to bird research at TTPBRS.

He contacted us and asked if it would be ok to name one of his satellite transmitted birds, Bronwyn. We thought that was a perfect way to honor her.

Only 2 Japanese sparrowhawks have ever been fitted with transmitters. They move through Thailand and Malaysia and little is known on the timing and migration strategies used by these birds.

Bronwyn's movements can be seen on the map.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFlywayFoundationThailand/
http://www.theflywayfoundation.or.th/

14368842_10154505450154707_1339718220991584895_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back