Paper Mario: Color Splash

9dG5ojH.png

Snifit or Whiffit returns in this game.

Cory Baxter said:
9dG5ojH.png

if they are going to bring back things from stick star, at least bring back one of the few good parts

NSY said:
Cory Baxter said:
9dG5ojH.png

if they are going to bring back things from stick star, at least bring back one of the few good parts

tbf that game show /was/ one of the good parts

I just realised I typed Sticker Star as Stick Star

But I don't care anymore because it dererves that stupid name.

I've been watching that guy stream the game early, and I have to say that this game looks way better than what I originally expected.

Mari Ohara said:
what the *bleep*
this is deep lore, how does roy fit into all of this
Roy, guarding the Black Big Paint Star, is the final boss confirmed.
Cory Baxter said:
I've been watching that guy stream the game early, and I have to say that this game looks way better than what I originally expected.
I think that guy is doing a better PR to the game than Nintendo did, at least before the Rescue V videos. If they send a C&D letter to him it would be like shooting themselves in the foot, as he really loves the game and almost dies at the jokes.

5uWqp94.png

SHY BANDIT AAAaaaaAAAA

Mister Wu said:
that would be absolutely hilarious

after mario defeats bowser and thinks the journey is over, roy comes out of the shadows, slow clapping, congratulating mario on his work. he then reveals that he was the one pulling the strings all along !!

Late to the conversation. Sorry. http://forum.mariowiki.com/Smileys/default/sad.gif

Anyways, Roy Koopa as the final boss? He's a minion. Unless he left his figurehood. But, the two types of music for Roy though, it sounds like it is Doopliss' music. What if Doopliss is Roy this time around. (None of the Koopalings this time around aren't the Koopalings we know. Example: Morton speaking the same way as a Fire Piranha Plant in Paper Mario (original).) Even still, it is very unlikely that Roy would be the final boss. If you have a picture of him as a final boss, I will change my mind.

Yoshi the SSM said:
Late to the conversation. Sorry. http://forum.mariowiki.com/Smileys/default/sad.gif

Anyways, Roy Koopa as the final boss? He's a minion. Unless he left his figurehood. But, the two types of music for Roy though, it sounds like it is Doopliss' music. What if Doopliss is Roy this time around. (None of the Koopalings this time around aren't the Koopalings we know. Example: Morton speaking the same way as a Fire Piranha Plant in Paper Mario (original).) Even still, it is very unlikely that Roy would be the final boss. If you have a picture of him as a final boss, I will change my mind.

man, please spoiler that

ok now that i've seen all the gameplay streams, i'm really excited for this game
i don't know if that's because of my low initial expectations or what, but hey this looks really good

from what im seeing, this is like if sticker star was actually good at being sticker star

which means im still not really that interested in paying $60 for it

Mari Ohara said:
Mister Wu said:
that would be absolutely hilarious

after mario defeats bowser and thinks the journey is over, roy comes out of the shadows, slow clapping, congratulating mario on his work. he then reveals that he was the one pulling the strings all along !!
Obviously the final boss is Huey. Bowser can control paint in this game and is either covered in it or is made up of paint. Who else controls paint?

Huey.

It's not until Mario interacts with Huey that he can control paint. Huey is the one pulling the strings, painting Bowser as the culprit and using him as a scapegoat while Mario does all the dirty work of collecting the stars.

It all makes sense.

Probably.

I've seen the light. I now love this new Paper Mario game....

XD

#TeamColorSplash

Nabber said:
from what im seeing, this is like if sticker star was actually good at being sticker star

which means im still not really that interested in paying $60 for it
The funny thing is that in Italy, like the Wii U version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Color Splash is sold at 50 € including VAT. 10 € less than the typical main Wii U games from Nintendo (e.g. Super Mario 3D World). I wonder why this is happening, but I'm surely happy to spare 10 € anyway 8) .

So we now know how Bowser wound up the way he is.

Major spoilers obviously

After getting the last big paint star, Mario and Huey are given the last memory and it turns out Bowsers black paint was an accident. The memory shows that Bowser wanted to give his shell a rainbow recolor so he jumps into the prisma fountain and he starts to mix all of the colors thinking that it'll give him a rainbow recolor. Mixing the paint causes the fountain to turn black and it consumes bowser and turns him into black bowser. The attack on Prisma island begins.

why does bowser even want a rainbow shell in the first place? does it grant him superpowers or something?

Baby Luigi said:
why does bowser even want a rainbow shell in the first place? does it grant him superpowers or something?

He was apparently jealous of Toads that were playing with paint. I swear this is like Mario Party levels of silliness.

tbh that should have been the plot for mario party star rush

i kinda missed those stupid plots lol

Yes, when he does the most EVIL and FIENDISH of his many schemes.

Steal a birthday present

Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:

He was apparently jealous of Toads that were playing with paint. I swear this is like Mario Party levels of silliness.
Paper Mario: Bowser has used wishes to gain unlimited power, and he's spread his army across the entire kingdom! He uses his power to kidnap Peach.
The Thousand-Year Door: An ancient evil is about to wake up and unleash havoc on the entire world!
Super Paper Mario: Literally every dimension is under attack with the threat of being removed from existence!
Sticker Star: Bowser puts on a sticker that makes him really strong! He uses this to kidnap Peach.
Color Splash: Bowser wanted to be pretty and that made him eeeeevil.

Back