Paper Mario: Color Splash

Aka here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV9ZrDQVqbTW-pNdfC3sKOFTYqr9xeAgF

That said, if someone posts the raw music files, I'll probably post normal length versions of the songs myself. Always been a bit confused by the obsession with making each song last for 30 minutes or more nowadays.

aaaaaaaa

a great argument against pre-orders, i'm loving it.

MFW ACTUAL MARIO KART 8 MUSIC
MY DICK

im actually intrigued as to why 3 of these 4 tracks are in the game.

So basically Color Splash is to Mario as Rainbow Curse is to Kirby. The soundtrack is made up of a lot of good arrangements of themes from older games.

I am okay with this.

Mari Ohara said:
mk8 music was probably a placeholder

it would make sense because i doubt they just straight up put the same music in

N64 RAINBOW ROAD AND THE SML ENDING THOUGH DUDE

waiting for more now ill die if they have music from the other paper marios

You can see what's it in for yourself. Someone posted a text list of the game files online, of which the music are the ones ending in 'brstm':

https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/779383179845042176

Look like the Mario 3 area goes into a Super Mario Bros 3 style castle or fortress for example, since that music is returning. People who speak Japanese can likely figure a lot of other stuff out too.

Battle music starts out nice and has a nice tune, but the squeaky-sounding synth or whatever at at 0:08 and 0:40 (loop point?) has got to go.

CM30 said:
You can see what's it in for yourself. Someone posted a text list of the game files online, of which the music are the ones ending in 'brstm':

it's not brstm, it's bfstm. brstm is a Wii format for audio files, bftsm is a format used in wii u games. mario kart 8 uses .bfstm format, so i'm glad to know that you can easily replace music in color splash if i happened to get the game

Baby Luigi said:
i'm glad to know that you can easily replace music in color splash if i happened to get the game
the songs are great on their own, so if you wanna do a runthrough without any replacements your ears will not bleed. yoshi's new island, though...

Stargazing said:
Baby Luigi said:
i'm glad to know that you can easily replace music in color splash if i happened to get the game
the songs are great on their own, so if you wanna do a runthrough without any replacements your ears will not bleed. yoshi's new island, though...
The songs are okay.

It's just really fun if you jam with your favorite songs though.

Stargazing said:
Baby Luigi said:

they're nothing compared to making cozy cabin from kirby's epic yarn a boss fight music

wow, this soundtrack is actually awful

the only good original song i could find was Juggling Bros, really

roy's theme sounds like they were trying to go with a doopliss' theme type song but didn't actually know how to make music anymore and just copied after the Yoshi Clan instead

Nabber said:
wow, this soundtrack is actually awful

the only good original song i could find was Juggling Bros, really

roy's theme sounds like they were trying to go with a doopliss' theme type song but didn't actually know how to make music anymore and just copied after the Yoshi Clan instead

???

Spoilers for something cool.

http://imgur.com/EO4oeys

Enemy Card. Morton will fight with you in the battle and take the damage for you. Normal enemies run away against bosses, but maybe Koopalings won't?

Also, this is finally something I like. I might get a collection of these just for the pleasure of fighting someone with Ludwig.

Mister Wu said:
Enemy Card. Morton will fight with you in the battle and take the damage for you. Normal enemies run away against bosses, but maybe Koopalings won't?

Also, this is finally something I like. I might get a collection of these just for the pleasure of fighting someone with Ludwig.
Wow, we have partners! This is truly an innovative feature!

Time Turner said:
Mister Wu said:

Wow, we have partners! This is truly an innovative feature!
Of course not! Do you expect to control them, to have them following you after the battle and to use their abilities in the courses?!?!?!?! Why are you so thirsty of advanced features??????
I was already lucky enough to be able to freely wander around on foot as Larry and Wendy in Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games...

https://youtu.be/ir2GqdUfPHk

Dat moosic

Mari Ohara said:
so far i really like this soundtrack, only one i'm not a fan of is the regular battle theme
the sad thing is is that that is the track your be hearing for 50% of the time of your playing

Back