Paper Mario: Color Splash

well really the point is its one game that was uh mediocre, but that shouldnt really distract people from giving another game a chance, rather then just think its automatically bad.

I am fully prepared to eat my words if this turns out to be good. I actively want to be wrong about this, I want this game to be amazing and kick me in the teeth for ever suggesting it could be a piece of shit. I don't get any satisfaction out of being able to say "called it", I'd much rather play another good Paper Mario game.

But I also have been burned twice already. I initially had faith in Super Paper Mario and it let me down. I was initially excited for Sticker Star, and it disappointed me. My good will kind of has a limit. In this light, I believe I am justified in adopting a "I'm not going to expect anything good from this game until it proves its quality" point of view.

You may not agree with it, and I know there's definitely some individuals who take it way too far, but there is a reason why people are suspicious of this game.

Not expecting anything good or bad is the right way to go for this game.

Dr. Alphys said:
I am fully prepared to eat my words if this turns out to be good. I actively want to be wrong about this, I want this game to be amazing and kick me in the teeth for ever suggesting it could be a piece of shit. I don't get any satisfaction out of being able to say "called it", I'd much rather play another good Paper Mario game.

But I also have been burned twice already. I initially had faith in Super Paper Mario and it let me down. I was initially excited for Sticker Star, and it disappointed me. My good will kind of has a limit. In this light, I believe I am justified in adopting a "I'm not going to expect anything good from this game until it proves its quality" point of view.

You may not agree with it, and I know there's definitely some individuals who take it way too far, but there is a reason why people are suspicious of this game.

yeah you're probably right but idk im just kinda stubborn in the factor of giving games a chance, but i can see where you're coming from at least, but yeah.

I just want to see how crazy this game gets because the trailer already had plenty of crazy things in it.

Guys, help! I'm not sure how I'm going to say this or not? But I may buy Color Splash just to see how bad it is to make an HD SS look good......

:(

Paper Mario: Sticker Star hit bargain bin prices relatively quickly for a Nintendo game, so you can always just wait it out instead of shelling $60+ for it upfront.

I already posted in another forum, but I think this might be interesting here, too.
A new video with the very same sections was shown recently, however new aspects were revealed:
7:00 cards are discarded after use, but you can buy them directly in battle using coins.
19:34 If you don't deal enough damage to Morton, he will start the pedestal section again. So the section in which the Thing Card must be used only starts after enough damage is dealt to Morton.
19:57 The max amount of paint is here 220 (at the beginning it is 100), yet the yellow paint was finished. The 1-UP Mushroom is used to restore all paint. At this point, leveling up might be indeed useful (it increases the maximum amount of paint that can be carried), but of course there are caveats about the damage of uncolored cards, how much do the 1-UP Mushrooms cost and if there are indeed attacks that require more than the amount of paint obtained without fighting regular enemies.
21:35 Important Things Cards are now required to progress in the courses. It should not be possible to miss them, although they probably still can be wasted before the boss battles.
24:37 Things are directly squeezed into Things Cards, no need to go into a dedicated area.

Oboro said:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star hit bargain bin prices relatively quickly for a Nintendo game, so you can always just wait it out instead of selling $60+ for it upfront.

Sorry, I was taken by a bunch of gorillas from my apartment.

Plus, I fell asleep as I didn't want to wake up yesterday...

:eek:

Mister Wu said:
I already posted in another forum, but I think this might be interesting here, too.
A new video with the very same sections was shown recently, however new aspects were revealed:
7:00 cards are discarded after use, but you can buy them directly in battle using coins.
19:34 If you don't deal enough damage to Morton, he will start the pedestal section again. So the section in which the Thing Card must be used only starts after enough damage is dealt to Morton.
19:57 The max amount of paint is here 220 (at the beginning it is 100), yet the yellow paint was finished. The 1-UP Mushroom is used to restore all paint. At this point, leveling up might be indeed useful (it increases the maximum amount of paint that can be carried), but of course there are caveats about the damage of uncolored cards, how much do the 1-UP Mushrooms cost and if there are indeed attacks that require more than the amount of paint obtained without fighting regular enemies.
21:35 Important Things Cards are now required to progress in the courses. It should not be possible to miss them, although they probably still can be wasted before the boss battles.
24:37 Things are directly squeezed into Things Cards, no need to go into a dedicated area.

Considering that I have not played Sticker Star before, I probably wouldn't appreciate the improvements you pointed out, but I trust that these are sound improvements.

Out of curiosity: is the "another forum" on Neogaf?

Thanks for reading.

Paper Mario: Color Splash.

The only game to have a breakdancing piggy bank that hurts enemies.

Sonicyay2 said:
Paper Mario: Color Splash.

The only game to have a breakdancing piggy bank that hurts enemies.

Sigh?

Nintendo really wants people to hate this game, do they?

The only time where a Koopa doesn't look like as generic as the "normal" Koopas.

Actually had the shades from the older Paper Mario games and they killed him off using only a break dancing piggy....

10/10

Game Of The Year!

WTF!

Whats wrong with a break dancing piggy bank?

I like the graffiti that's in the background when the breakdancing piggy bank appears.

Thanks for reading.

when you quote videos, can you please remove the video in the quotes? thanks.

The enemies talking in the middle of battle amuses me.

Back