Does anyone here actually like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mintiously

Prince of LOUD.
Pronouns
They/them
I just wanna know, cause I feel like the odd duck out.

You're all right.

I'm sure that's what a lot of people think of you, though.

I think your age difference might make you feel like this though, but either way, I suggest you don't sweat it that much.

You're a great person.

I'm only 13, so I'm one of the younger guys out there, the only thing is I act like I'm an angry 18 year old here.

Batman & Robin: The Chiller said:
I'm only 13, so I'm one of the younger guys out there, the only thing is I act like I'm an angry 18 year old here.
this topic isn't about you

Nabber said:
I know, just saying that she isn't the only one that is younger than most people here.

Nabber said:
I know, just saying that she isn't the only one that is younger than most people here.
lots of people are 13 but very little people are 11 what are you talking about

Walkazo said:
I act like I'm an angry 18 year old here.
Only of the 18 year old was acting like a petulant tween.

yeah typical 18 year olds don't act like this

you act exactly as your age.

Gabriele said:
I just wanna know, cause I feel like the odd duck out.

Since you bring this up. Here is some advice from a 30 year old dinosaur :yoshi: :

1) First, you must like yourself. Be more confident! :dk:

2) Never try to be someone else in order to please someone, or to make them like you. Be yourself always!

3) You should not worry about someone not liking you; they just won't know what they are missing and it will be their loss.

4) I don't think you can use a forum as a benchmark to determine who likes you or not.

5) Your family and friends like and love you.

6) I think the reason you feel like that is because you keep telling yourself that you are the youngest here. Age has nothing to do with liking someone.

7) People don't always tell you when they like you.

That Awkward Dude said:
Nabber said:
That Awkward Dude said:
The odd duck out? Move, that's my spot
this isn't a fucking contest
OP, be happy people aren't talking to you like this and are being nice.
What he's saying is that it's not okay to disregard someone else's problems just because you think that yours are worse. Problems are still problems. You appear to insinuate that Gabby's problems aren't relevant just because you believe you are more marginalised in this situation, which is not okay. Never compare your issues with anyone else's and claim your issues are more important than anyone else's, since said problems are always allowed to coexist. This is what he means about it not being a contest, which you ought to respect, since it's incredibly disrespectful to tell someone to effectively shut up about an issue they're facing just because you think you're facing a more extreme version of the same issue.

Imagine you broke your leg and I broke a leg and an arm. This means we're both entitled to a wheelchair until our legs heal, aren't we? Now imagine there are two wheelchairs but I whine and complain about how you're getting one too because I also have a broken arm, which means my issue is more important than yours. Behaving in this way is effectively the same thing as needing to compare issues.

In other words, just be respectful and mindful of everyone's issues: an idea which isn't so radical.

Chiaki Nanami said:
That Awkward Dude said:
Nabber said:
That Awkward Dude said:
The odd duck out? Move, that's my spot
this isn't a fucking contest
OP, be happy people aren't talking to you like this and are being nice.
What he's saying is that it's not okay to disregard someone else's problems just because you think that yours are worse. Problems are still problems. You appear to insinuate that Gabby's problems aren't relevant just because you believe you are more marginalised in this situation, which is not okay. Never compare your issues with anyone else's and claim your issues are more important than anyone else's, since said problems are always allowed to coexist. This is what he means about it not being a contest, which you ought to respect, since it's incredibly disrespectful to tell someone to effectively shut up about an issue they're facing just because you think you're facing a more extreme version of the same issue.

Imagine you broke your leg and I broke a leg and an arm. This means we're both entitled to a wheelchair until our legs heal, aren't we? Now imagine there are two wheelchairs but I whine and complain about how you're getting one too because I also have a broken arm, which means my issue is more important than yours. Behaving in this way is effectively the same thing as needing to compare issues.

In other words, just be respectful and mindful of everyone's issues: an idea which isn't so radical.
I'll stop because everyone thinks I'm being serious. I apologize if my comment could be taken as rude in anyway, that's just me trying to be silly. I was just trying to have fun and maybe give the OP a little chuckle, but hey, if this is how people interpret my comments and if people think I'm being disrespectful, then I'll stop. Orange, I'm sorry if you don't like what I said.

"Laughter is the best medicine" is false. Besides that, I'M the odd duck out. Everyone else is... "normal," but I'm not. I'm just...

...Different.

ok seriously i've got a massive problem with people being called "normal"

nobody is normal

normal means being the same as everyone else, and between 7 billion people on this planet, not even identical twins are the same as anyone else

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT

there is no such thing as normal, if you see yourself as different, please see that as a good thing because it really is

also the whole ellipses thing for emphasis is seriously corny, you can do it if you want to, just pointing out how corny it is

Orange said:
"Laughter is the best medicine" is false. Besides that, I'M the odd duck out. Everyone else is... "normal," but I'm not. I'm just...

...Different.
Don't be afraid to be different. I'll be as weird as I want. Just be yourself, do anything you want that's not against the rules. Be like me. Everyone's different in some way but alike in another. Don't be afraid because you're younger than a lot of people, (I kinda almost want to be your age again btw). 11 years is an age where you're going through some sort of odd phase with your emotions, it happens to almost everyone at some point. Remember, Nintendo is awesome, liking their content is something you have in common with just about all of the people here. I don't know you that well, but you're probably a person worth talking to. Be proud, try to be less hard on yourself.

This thread in a nutshell:

[quote author=User 2]
[quote author=User 1]
insensitive quote
[/quote]
scathing comment
[/quote]
(cue a ton of likes for User 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back