What if the next Mario & Luigi game was Paper Jam 2, with the following features

Ryu

Koopa Troopa
Paper Luigi is an additional party member, and the only one with full dialogue. Battle revolves around all four Bros., with Bros., Paper Bros., and Quartet attacks all available.

Due to fan demand, Miyamoto allows previous RPG OC's from either series to be used, but severely limits the number that can be used. As a result, Fawful and Dimentio team up as the main antagonists. They, along with Starlow, Broque Monsieur, the Elite Trio, Rawk Hawk and Francis, are the only RPG characters to appear. No OC's are created for the game, and most NPC's are still Toads; however, female and child Toads now appear, and the Toads have more variety in their outfits, appearances and personalities.

Because Miyamoto still doesn't want Bowser's image to be tarnished, Bowser and Paper Bowser reappear as secondary antagonists. While they provide lots of comic relief, they're still competent and cunning, but are always one step behind Fawful and Dimentio. Near the end, the Bowsers realize that they're better off working with both sets of Mario Bros. to eliminate the main threats, and prove to be very competent allies (maybe joining in for the final Bros./Quartet Attack).

Rosalina has a major role in the game, and Paper Rosalina makes her debut as well. Both Rosalinas oversee the balance between the "real" and "paper" dimensions and appear with their Lumas. They provide the Bros. with guidance, and give them a Bros. or Quartet Attack where the four Bros. can summon Lumas to gang up on foes.

The plot and character writing are more or less on par with Paper Jam, and the final boss is obviously a fusion between Fawful and Dimentio. It resembles Super Dimentio, but based on Fawful's appearance rather than Luigi's, with the Fawfulized parts resembling the Dark Fawful Bug. The fight is accompanied by a Kingdom Hearts-like epic battle theme that incorporates parts of "The Ultimate Show" and "The Grand Finale".

Finally, Boom Boom and Pom Pom are the secret Battle Ring boss.

I know this post looks like deja vu, because it is deja vu. I've read this exact post somewhere else...

But seriously, the main villains from Super Paper Mario and Bowser's Inside Story teaming up with each other? That's not a good idea. It sounds shoe-horned in and fanservicey.

I can understand that we're not supposed to care about the minimalist plots. But in my opinion, they shouldn't be minimalist to Flanderized levels, and nothing is unlimited. Mario, the Mushroom Kingdom, and the Comet Observatory should be quite capable to prevent especially what happened in SMG 2 by actually knowing that Bowser craves Stars for his plots (which Nintendo made them not know for the sake of the games, but they really should know by now).

Anyway, maybe I can simplify the idea a bit for a regular Mario game instead of an RPG: It starts where Bowser leads his fleet to crash another Star Festival, but the Mushroom Kingdom and the Comet Observatory are ready for him, having figured out his lust for Stars and faked a Star Festival to set a trap for Bowser. We first play as Mario and help the Comet Observatory fight and destroy most of Bowser's fleet with the help of Stars, forcing him to retreat empty-handed.

With his kingdom abandoning him for his Custeresque defeat, except Kamek, Bowser Jr. and the other 7 Koopalings, and all plot options down the drain, Bowser has one more trip up his sleeve. He decides to join with a greater evil, rather than occasionally helping his enemies fight one. He plans to form an alliance, find the Stars the Comet Observatory hid, use them to obliterate Mario while catching him off-guard like he caught the Mushroom Kingdom off-guard before. Then, following Kamek's suggestion, with Mario out of the way, he can kidnap Princess Peach when the Mushroom Kingdom is left helpless, effectively avoiding his past mistakes, including keeping Peach alive in his clutches to be his Queen while Mario is still out there. He also hopes, now being more conscious of his life, that he can get help to conquer the galaxy without possibly risking himself (In SMG, him mutilating the order of the Galaxy so much might risk it collapsing—killing everybody including him, and destroying the universe. While he has no qualms endangering others, he needs to make sure he's safe though.

However, Peach, knowing Bowser, has already figured that Bowser would do this with all other options gone, so she secretly stows away on Bowser's battleship, intending to allow herself to be held captive, as by now kidnapping her and holding her hostage increases Bowser's risk of being defeated even a little bit. She also relays Bowser's plan to Mario and Rosalina, prompting to latter to help the former prepare for a bigger, harder battle against a Big Bad Duumvirate of Bowser and the greatest evil in the Galaxy, a supreme being who rules a dark nebula. When the alliance is made, Peach reveals herself and Bowser has an Oh Crap! moment because Peach foiled his plot to postpone kidnapping her for the sake of the Evil Plan. Kamek suggests that Bowser kill her, but Bowser claims he will once Mario is defeated, much to Kamek's chagrin.

With that, the Big Bad Duumvirate are able to find and steal the hidden Stars, and it's pretty much a similar Galaxy game, only upgraded a bit, including with a Bowser iris close when Mario loses a life, an iris of the Bigger Bad when it's Game Over, rather than a Game Over iris. When the second-to-last World Boss is defeated, Kamek has had it, and sneaks in the dungeon to kill Peach, but an enraged Bowser catches him and beats the crap out of him, inadvertently mortally wounding him, this time permanently, as Kamek says Bowser unwittingly showed some compassion keeping her alive to be his Queen, and it's destroying Kamek permanently, and he declares Bowser will never rule the universe. Bowser is shocked of Kamek's permanent death and blames Peach, claiming he WILL kill her when Mario is dead. She remains silently incredulous, tho.

I also have an optional idea for the last World. After Kamek's death, Bowser sends Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings after Mario. In the last World, at one point Mario enters a cave and runs into Janis Koopa, Bowser's long-presumed-dead lover and true mother of the Koopalings. She and Bowser were lovers when Bowser was a teenaged Koopa. After the events of Yoshi's Island DS, the young Bowser realized what a pathetic Jerkass his future self was (Bowser went back in time past his villainous prime) and didn't want to become a failure so he was convinced to push aside evil intentions and kidnapping Princess Peach for a while (he'd been doing it since he was a toddler, as revealed in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time). But he realized being a true Big Bad/Card-Carrying Villain might happen if he tries hard, and he can avoid becoming a failure. This began his villainous prime. Janis, who had already hatched the first 7 Koopalings, with Bowser Jr. not yet hatched, refused to be a part of it, being a down-to-earth Koopa, and tried to take the kids, but Bowser stopped her. So she faked her death and went into hiding, to teach him humility, which failed miserably giving how much of a great villain Bowser used to be. When the Koopalings find their mother alive, they have a heartfelt reunion. She convinces them to help Mario get into the castle, and they agree only if he brings Bowser alive, as the Bigger Bad will discover his weakness (Princess Peach).

When Mario reaches Bowser, it's clear that the latter is too dangerous to be kept alive. So, depending on how you play, after a hard battle Bowser is seemingly destroyed, leaving Mario to deal with the Bigger Bad. Suddenly, Bowser reappears and pounds on Mario, seemingly destroying him. Bowser laughs, declaring the galaxy is his, but the Bigger Bad reminds him of a promise, to kill the Princess. But Bowser can't bring himself to kill her due to his own selfish interests, and is embarrassed and humiliated. The Bigger Bad reveals he was calling Bowser's bluff and using him to destroy Mario so HE could conquer the Mushroom Kingdom and the universe. Bowser realizes how much of a failure he's really become and that killing Mario sealed his own fate and he's only thinking of that and doesn't care for others. Peach tries to convince him to join with them, but Bowser claims life isn't worth living if you suck at being a Card-Carrying Evil Overlord, and rejects her claims that he proved slightly capable of goodness (which he hates) at times. So, he grabs a bunch of Bob'Omb's and tries to go kamikaze on the Bigger Bad, only to be grabbed on the tail by the reappearing Mario. Glad that Mario's ok, just because he'll survive, Bowser helps Mario defeat the Bigger Bad once and for all.

With that victory, Bowser has a sudden urge to kidnap Princess Peach, but Mario, Rosalina and the Comet Observatory stand in his way (Rosalina the Lumas can float). They tell him that if he wants to be selfish and only care about himself, becoming a permanent ally will be the best way to survive, since if they can't kill him, any evil thing will after Bowser's weakness has been exposed and he helped Mario defeat a greater evil again. So he makes a permanent Heel-Face Turn just for himself, and for no one else. But the Mushroom Kingdom is satisfied and moves on. He makes a much-needed Heel-Face Turn just for his own survival, making him more of an Anti-Hero Type IV like Wario (never as great a villain as Bowser in his prime anyway) without anything else changing. Bowser would become a playable character in the Party games.

Then comes a brand new villain who can simply be created to be worth a Mario game, including the New Super Mario Bros. games, and kidnaps Princess Peach to keep his evil magic intact, which Bowser used to be so good at before things went downhill after Paper Mario 1.

Now to come back to a spinoff Bowser game. I only thought of it being M-Rated because I wanted it to be different from the Wario games and fit Bowser's badass image. But I guess we can have an E-Rated game that boys can especially enjoy being more action-ish than the Mario games, and being darker and meaner than the smiley-as-the-mustache Mario games. Just something that boys can play and often be addicted to. Given Bowser's awesome strength, the game shouldn't be made too easy. We can help enemies and obstacles that are smaller or not to easy to avoid. It can even have instances where Bowser falls on his shell and has to shake back upright before something happens. And like I said, Bowser would fight the same new enemy Mario would face. In summary, something boys could especially enjoy playing, hoping it could suit the darker, edgier, badass-ness of Bowser as long as it's E-Rated.

Remember, these ideas are invalid if Nintendo rejects them, which they might. I'm just asking for opinions again. This is all I'm going to say about it.

I'll pass on another PM crossover. I can't stand anymore whining.

I can't stand anymore.

*sits*

Cackletta and Dimentio come back to life and they bring Fawful and Count Bleck too. Then we see them get every other villain from Mario RPG games.

When they're finally all together, they go to Starbucks and have some tea.

Back