Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • New Super Mario Bros. U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario 3D World

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
So what Super Mario game do you absolutely despise? Make sure to leave a valid reason explaining why.

For me it's Super Mario Bros. 2. I don't hate the game, it's not because of the Doki Doki Panic thing. It's an interesting idea, it just gets boring for me.

i haven't played 3d world much but nsmb2 is basically a joyless concept that grows old after a few levels

My personal worst waste of 60 dollars? Super Mario Galaxy 2.

The generally worst one? New Super Mario Bros. 2

I'm going with the one I literally wasted 60 dollars on. If it weren't for the soundtrack and some levels, I would hate absolutely everything about that game.

Baby Luigi said:
I'm going with the one I literally wasted 60 dollars on. If it weren't for the soundtrack and some levels, I would hate absolutely everything about that game.

What's bad about Galaxy 2?

-It's basically DLC masquerading as a new game at retail price
-Let's add Yoshi, promote the crap out of him, and not use him for 75% of the game
-Recycled "plot" except it's somehow even more stupid and shoddily-pasted together than a typical Mario plot.
-It has so many derivative elements from the first Galaxy, piggybacking its ideas and how ground-breaking it was without offering any significant content that can make it stand on its own.
-Filler stars and filler levels, especially the green stars.
-Arguably the worst final boss in Mario history
-It exposes hypocrisy of several diehard Nintendo fans, when they complain about other companies doing the same exact thing that Galaxy 2 did.
-The excess amount of 2.5d levels in an arguably primarily 3d platformer
-A heavily watered down hub world

I probably missed some but those came to mind. The only pluses? Some levels and the entire soundtrack. The soundtrack is arguably the best thing to come out of it.

wow thats a strong argument

mine? nsmbw or nsmb2. both of them: laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame pretty much everything

I picked 3D World because I enjoyed it the least.
Baby Luigi said:
-Let's add Yoshi, promote the crap out of him, and not use him for 75% of the game
-Recycled "plot" except it's somehow even more stupid and shoddily-pasted together than a typical Mario plot.
-It has so many derivative elements from the first Galaxy, piggybacking its ideas and how ground-breaking it was without offering any significant content that can make it stand on its own.
-It exposes hypocrisy of several diehard Nintendo fans, when they complain about other companies doing the same exact thing that Galaxy 2 did.

I probably missed some but those came to mind. The only pluses? Some levels and the entire soundtrack. The soundtrack is arguably the best thing to come out of it.

Um BLOF, I think the correct word for DLC in this case is expansion pack since we're dealing with disc media. That's the term used in the 90s and early 2000s.

Honestly, I don't think the Final Boss Battle was all that bad. The first Galaxy's final boss fight was so super piss easy that it was pathetic. Besides Bowser was a total joke. But that's my experience. It was like rinse, wash, repeat. At least Galaxy 2 had a gimmicky boss fight that was challenging as hell. That's what I call a challenge. Not super piss easiness.

I like the soundtrack though which is great.

Baby Luigi said:

you're complaining about plot in a mario platformer? also i don't see how a fan reaction is a legitimate reason to deride a game

NSMB2, while I don't think it's "BLECH" bad, it just felt like I was playing a mix of NSMB and NSMBW with a money fetish. Not all that fun.

Also, I would like to point out that 3D World is on the poll twice.

Time Turner said:
you're complaining about plot in a mario platformer? also i don't see how a fan reaction is a legitimate reason to deride a game

When it's blatantly deriative of the first game, then, yes, I will complain about it.

I don't have as much problems with Peach being the plot device and Bowser being the antagonist, i have more problems that it's pretty dang blatant about being Super Mario Galaxy's plot, but slightly different. No other game is this unsubtle. The plot is essentially the first thing you see about the game, and I think how its handled essentially sums up why I think the game is a waste of time.

And I can judge a game however I like. If a game leads people to believe that Nintendo deserves a free pass for minimal effort, then yes, I will develop more contempt for it.

i didn't say that you shouldn't have your opinion

but my opinion is that judging a game for something that it couldn't account for is a bit harsh

I'd agree with BL

the "it was one time" excuse is so outrageously stupid

Time Turner said:
i didn't say that you shouldn't have your opinion

but my opinion is that judging a game for something that it couldn't account for is a bit harsh

Maybe I'm irrational because I'm more frustrated than anything else, but I am telling how I honestly feel about it.

Haruka Amami said:
Also, I would like to point out that 3D World is on the poll twice.

I was about to say that. But yeah It should be 3D Land.

Super Mario Galaxy 2.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 at least got the flak it deserves.

Super Mario bros Deluxe.

Why? That bloody screen crunch ruined what could have been the best version of the game.

Santa said:
Super Mario 3D Land because it threw away everything that made Super Mario 64 is a God among video games and replaced it with what seems like every rejected, broken idea they had for Super Mario 64.

Back