It WAS the hottest winter in years

Andymii

'Hoy, small fry!
If you live in the Northeast US like me, you probably experienced a 70 degree Christmas. In case you live in Florida or something, that's hot for here. New Jersey winters are like 20 degrees usually, so we usually get plenty of snow.

But no, instead, we get trees blooming in December and pollen flying everywhere. It sucks.

Re: It's the hottest winter in years

it was 80 down here in the south

i wasn't prepared for the december mosquitoes

Andymii said:
If you live in the Northeast US like me, you probably experienced a 70 degree Christmas. In case you live in Florida or something, that's hot for here. New Jersey winters are like 20 degrees usually, so we usually get plenty of snow.

But no, instead, we get trees blooming in December and pollen flying everywhere. It sucks.

record warmth all around in boston

Global Warming guys, enjoy the future.

It's finally supposed to start cooling off today and stay that way for the foreseeable future. Good.

i want hot chocolate and comfy blankets

Andymii said:

We had that same kind of Christmas last year.

Actually, here in SoCal is pretty damn cold. I know it's still above freezing, but it's still lower than the average here.

By the way, it's not just global warming (though it plays the role), you can thank the El Nino for bringing hotter weather in the north while the south is supposed to be wetter, though our increase in rain isn't that much, especially considering that winter is our rain season.

Majora's Mask said:
Andymii said:

We had that same kind of Christmas last year.

ummm

not here

Baby Luigi said:
Actually, here in SoCal is pretty dang cold. I know it's still above freezing, but it's still lower than the average here.

By the way, it's not just global warming (though it plays the role), you can thank the El Nino for bringing hotter weather in the north while the south is supposed to be wetter, though our increase in rain isn't that much, especially considering that winter is our rain season.
But for us, "70 degrees" is cool.

I think this is the driest winter I've seen yet by the way. Also thanks to global warming.

its usually 50 here, which is odd.

Usually its 30 or below.

Fox Mulder said:
yay its cold again i can be comfy once more

theres snow outside and its actually been there since a few days now as well

im amazed

We got freezing weather finally. Hooray, I guess.

Sunday is supposed to be 52oF here

It'll rain here just south of you in NJ.

I don't see it snowing in the tri-state area anytime soon.

what's tri-state again

ok

fsr I thought it was MA, RI, and CT

I thought "tri-state area" meant something like any three adjacent states or something but eh.

And now the top half of the country is broken down because of snow and glazed frost and everything as it actually froze now.

It's about 1° now in my area but it was colder this morning.

update

there's snow

apparently there are cold wins coming from Russia that are contributing to this weather

thanks, Russia

So apparently parts of the UK are going to hit -15C and we should brace ourselves for snow.

Back