Issue 105

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Super Mario Bros.
I have an important announcement: we have decided to postpone the Special Holiday Issue to December 26th, 2015. This will allow us to have more time to ensure that we deliver the best quality edition for all of our readers to finish the year with. Thank you all for the continued support.

I don't want to say whether this edition will be any "better or worse" than Issue 100 because the circumstances behind both projects are completely different. I will say this: there will definitely be some new changes this month, and we are putting our full effort into ensuring that this will be an appropriate ending to what has been a great year for our publication.

In regard to my previous post above, I have to admit, I am NOT ready to check this section at all, just my words, no reason given. However, I am ready to win those Shroom Award userboxes, I probably earned two maybe three for my quality work, and I hope to by summer to write in every single sub team, yeah, an ass load of work for me.

Just a suggestion: why not start putting the 'Shroom together the day before its release? That way, it's finished the night before the deadline, instead of the day of (but at 11:00 pm). Just my thoughts.

Andymii said:
Just a suggestion: why not start putting the 'Shroom together the day before its release so it's finished the night before, instead of the day of, but at 11:00 pm? Just my thoughts.

I like this idea. half the time I end up reading it the day after it's supposed to come out because it isn't put on until some late hour of the night.

Andymii said:
Just a suggestion: why not start putting the 'Shroom together the day before its release? That way, it's finished the night before the deadline, instead of the day of (but at 11:00 pm). Just my thoughts.
This already happens, actually.

Pi said:
Andymii said:

it does? I didn't see it on yesterday. unless you're just talking about having it ready the night before.

That idea is very nice and all, but if people wait until the last minute to hand in their material every time, it is just not feasible.

Seriously, it's pretty much the same every month. Release day arrives and I'm still waiting for various sections to arrive. If people want the 'Shroom to be released on time, the sections must be sent in a way that leaves some actual time to check the material instead of having to rush out everything in one day.

It's in your hands, everyone.

Dr. Alphys said:
That idea is very nice and all, but if people wait until the last minute to hand in their material every time, it is just not feasible.

Seriously, it's pretty much the same every month. Release day arrives and I'm still waiting for various sections to arrive. If people want the 'Shroom to be released on time, the sections must be sent in a way that leaves some actual time to check the material instead of having to rush out everything in one day.

oh I didn't know that.

everyone get your sections in on time like edo said

to please the readers

Dr. Alphys said:

If they didn't send them in at the last minute, it would come in on time.

Cowboy Guy said:
Dr. Alphys said:

If they didn't send them in at the last minute, it would come in on time.

...you're pretty much repeating what edo said pk.

Cat Gray said:
Pi said:
Andymii said:

it does? I didn't see it on yesterday. unless you're just talking about having it ready the night before.
We actually prepare it in private over the course of a week, sometimes even longer, before the issue is released. The thing is that there are so many pages that have to be made that it takes a while to get it through, and even then we don't catch all minor details until the issue is up anyway. It's tough work keeping up with everything, such as managing the wiki coding and uploading images (and there are a lot of those in every issue), so if you could just remain patient, everything should work out fine at the end.

Plus, Edo's point stands. If you wish for this to go smoothly, then go whinge to everyone involved in the project. Tell them to get their sections out on time, since that is what keeps us busy all the time and why we need this much time to compile issues. But in the meantime, as I've already made apparent in this post, please remain patient.

Dr. Alphys said:

I want to quote this post because it's very important. Guys, deadlines are there for a reason.

dude the face is an overreaction. I didn't get that because it sounded to me like you were repeating edo instead of explaining.

By the way, not to pressure anyone, but Fun Stuff writers are not receiving deadline reminders currently. I'm assuming that if not mentioned, the due date is a five days or so prior of release? Just a guess.

Andymii said:
By the way, not to pressure anyone, but Fun Stuff writers are not receiving deadline reminders currently. I'm assuming that if not mentioned, the due date is a five days or so prior of release? Just a guess.
But I think they still know when its supposed to come out. They shouldn't wait till the last minute. Its called procastination. But still, I'm going to be patient.

Andymii said:
FS is in a right state as of late due to Packy's absence. We are aiming at fixing this ASAP. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

My apologies for running late with this again, but we are working on adding and editing more content. I will post again when we are close to posting the edition. Thank you all for the support and patience.

We will be posting up a good portion of the issue momentarily; the rest of the content is still being worked on and will hopefully be out soon.

They're starting! Now, let's not prematurely start editing the 'Shroom until the staff goes insane again, shall we?

Back