Issue 105

Hobbes said:
Ah, the memories.

Congratulations to everyone who won an EoTY Award! This was a great issue to close out the year. I also want to bring attention to our Tropical Freeze Art Contest, our Lightning Opinion Piece Contest, and our Hiding Koopa/Find the Differences! Contest.

Nabber said:
you know, i've been seeing people really love bridge of spies, and while i enjoyed it, it didn't make much of an impact on me. the story was interesting, but overall it felt fairly standard and not very revolutionary
Maybe it's a weakness I have for recent-history movies, but it's the only movie this year which I scored with a 10 on IMDb.
can i see your imdb?

and yeah this hasn't been a very great year for 10/10 movies lol... i liked last year a lot better for movies

Nabber said:
Hobbes said:
Ah, the memories.

Congratulations to everyone who won an EoTY Award! This was a great issue to close out the year. I also want to bring attention to our Tropical Freeze Art Contest, our Lightning Opinion Piece Contest, and our Hiding Koopa/Find the Differences! Contest.

Nabber said:
you know, i've been seeing people really love bridge of spies, and while i enjoyed it, it didn't make much of an impact on me. the story was interesting, but overall it felt fairly standard and not very revolutionary
Maybe it's a weakness I have for recent-history movies, but it's the only movie this year which I scored with a 10 on IMDb.
can i see your imdb?

and yeah this hasn't been a very great year for 10/10 movies lol... i liked last year a lot better for movies
Here you go.

Hobbes said:
The images for the Hiding Koopa/Find the Differences! contest have been posted! Good luck to all!! There will be prizes!
Holy Fuck, this is a very interesting one indeed, if it wasn't for the quality though. I only found like 16 differences (and koopas), but my mind strikes me that it's all the quality difference. Some of them are in some awesome spots, Good job Tucayo!

Shaggy said:
Hobbes said:
The images for the Hiding Koopa/Find the Differences! contest have been posted! Good luck to all!! There will be prizes!
Holy Fuck, this is a very interesting one indeed, if it wasn't for the quality though. I only found like 16 differences (and koopas), but my mind strikes me that it's all the quality difference. Some of them are in some awesome spots, Good job Tucayo!
That was the largest Tropical Freeze image I could find that was not the screenshot of a level, so that's why :P But I'm glad you found it interesting, thanks for the feedback!!

Actually that was my fault. My browser downloaded the down-scaled version and I didn't notice (that's 640px instead of the original 2000px)... My poor eyes..

Shaggy said:
Actually that was my fault. My browser downloaded the down-scaled version and I didn't notice (that's 640px instead of the original 2000px)... My poor eyes..
Oh! Hopefully with the original one you can find them all :)

2. Santa Had Better Like 2% - 14:01
oh yes that one is quite a bop, banjo

also wowee End-of-the-Year Awards !!!! Diamond in Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Toad and Golden in Yoshi and 'Shroom !!! I'm so proud, thank you everyone who's been reading my section and enjoying it :)

3rd place in both Fake News and Staff SotMs too, thanks ! :D :D Don't worry, Shoey, one day Fightin' Footwear will break through the glass ceiling~

Uhh... Banjo and Gutseh are first, not sure what happened there but I'll check on it.

EDIT: It was just a minor coding problem, it's fixed now.

Pipe Plaza SECTION OF THE MONTH
Place Section Votes % Writer
1st Banjo 'N' Gutseh's Late-Night Actually Legit Interviews 6 40% Banjonator1, GutsehMan
2nd Poll Committee Discussion 4 27% Andymii
3rd Forum Update 3 20% MrConcreteDonkey

Back