Issue 105

The Imprisoned said:
And the election cant be edited. Why?

the talk page is where you put campaigns. it does literally say that on the election page.

Greg Universe said:
The Imprisoned said:
And the election cant be edited. Why?

the talk page is where you put campaigns. it does literally say that on the election page.
That was before SMB fixed it.

I read the awards and I think i shoulda won the bowser award. Why isnt it there?!

The Imprisoned said:
I read the awards and I think i shoulda won the bowser award. Why isnt it there?!

I'm not a core staff member, but I think you're pushing buttons there. I have a feeling they're not too happy with you right now; you need to be very careful. The core staff said a few posts back that they don't want complaining, and your tone isn't that nice, either. Take my advice and don't complain; it could get you into more trouble.

Why the hell would you complain about not winning something. like, come on. I'm not even a staff member here so i shouldnt minimod like this, but come on. that's just disrespectful.

The Imprisoned said:
because you were banned????

please don't complain, the staff has had enough of the complaining and i don't want to see any more of it myself. i usually don't post in shroom threads, but please

Viper, enough.

The images for the Hiding Koopa/Find the Differences! contest have been posted! Good luck to all!! There will be prizes!

I finished reading all the sections!! They're all great. I'll read the Shroom more regularly from now on.

Crocodile Dippy said:
I don't speak for anyone else on The 'Shroom. But holy fuck, the constant nagging and complaining that goes on in these threads now is absurd. I'll admit we're not managing our time as best as we could and issues are going up later. Big deal, this is volunteer-based and we've grown at an insane rate this year, so we're struggling to adjust to the added workload.

Chill the goddamn fuck out, and be patient. We apologise for the delays and fractal nature of the release, but we're doing the best we can, often with minimal sleep and recreation. Next term will hopefully be more organised, but for now, please. Stop. Whinging.
quoted for fucking truth

i don't even assist with the construction of the paper but i still realise how stressful the job is and would expect others to respect what the staff are doing for you as well

honestly

furthermore, before it even gets out of hand, we don't need a million people telling viper off about his most recent brainfart when one or two staff members are more than capable, it detracts from the point of this thread which is to discuss the 'shroom's latest issue not viper's latest issue.

now !

i'd like to congratulate all of the recepients for awards this year, in particular dippy for her outstanding section which is well-deserved of the diamond 'shroom award, and all of the runners-up for their amazing efforts

also please read that cooking guide if you haven't already, it features horse packy, interdimentional jamming and stoner reindeer. plus y876 and i are in it hot damn

GBAToad said:
also please read that cooking guide if you haven't already, it features horse packy, interdimentional jamming and stoner reindeer. plus y876 and i are in it hot damn
The correct way to describe Yoshi876 right here 8)

Though that section is really good.

i appreciate tucayo's list of what he believes are the best 2015 movies, which shares almost no overlap with mine

i'll try to make the effort to make my own list for next issue (or the issue after that maybe) once i actually see all the movies i need to see (*cough*revenant and anomalisa*cough*)

you know, i've been seeing people really love bridge of spies, and while i enjoyed it, it didn't make much of an impact on me. the story was interesting, but overall it felt fairly standard and not very revolutionary

GBAToad said:
furthermore, before it even gets out of hand, we don't need a million people telling viper off about his most recent brainfart when one or two staff members are more than capable, it detracts from the point of this thread which is to discuss the 'shroom's latest issue not viper's latest issue.

Ohey, I'm kind of a staff member sometimes. Guess I better say something then!

The Imprisoned said:

For the approximately billionth time now: You were fired and banned from writing for the 'Shroom.

Let me put this into perspective for you: Your behavior during your time as a writer was so disruptive, out of line, and unmanageable, that the core staff has deemed it necessary not just to remove you from your position, but temporary bar you from reapplying. Most of us are relatively docile people, so if we actually get up and do something like that, you must have messed up pretty badly.

Now, common sense would dictate that dishonorary removal would have a disqualifying effect for any honorary appreciation. Herein lies the obvious reason for the missing award.

I am aware you intend to reapply once your ban expires. In that regard, for the sake of being fair, I want to give you a warning: Whenever anyone applies for a position within the 'Shroom, they are presented with this condition they must agree to:

3.) The staff reserves the right to remove writers from their position if their actions reflect badly on The 'Shroom. Actions like these include extensive misbehavior on any part of the community.

This isn't just decorative fluff to pad out the application form. We are a community project, so how you act within the community matters. Before anyone is accepted, we check their recent history and behavior. The more instances of you causing trouble for someone are recalled, the less likely it'll become for you to be accepted. If too much piles up, you will get rejected, regardless of skill.

This means that, once your ban expires, the reason that ban happened will not just disappear and stop being a factor in future decisions. Every issue, outburst, threat, and angry demand made during the ban will be considered when you decide to reapply.

I hope you understand what this means for your chances to be reaccepted. Your current behavior is not doing much to put you in a good light. And by the time you become eligible for reapplication again, the hole you dug yourself into may have already grown too deep to climb out of.

According to the 'Shroom awards, my forum profile is "Leonhart54". Could someone fix that? (It may sound trivial, but I can't figure out how.)

so what does anyone think about my new section in palette swap

also i got a diamond toad award *yay*

Baby Luigi said:
so what does anyone think about my new section in palette swap

also i got a diamond toad award *yay*
Good job, Baby Luigi! It was very interesting! :yoshi:

Does anybody like my section in Critic Corner?

Fantastic issue! Plenty of great holiday based sections, the awards were neat (not amazed that i got nothing tbh), and I couldn't notice anything bad about anything else.

By the way, next Monthly Inquisition's going to thicken the plot from this month's. Stay tuned if you're one of the grand total of ~3 people who read it.

Ah, the memories.

Congratulations to everyone who won an EoTY Award! This was a great issue to close out the year. I also want to bring attention to our Tropical Freeze Art Contest, our Lightning Opinion Piece Contest, and our Hiding Koopa/Find the Differences! Contest.

Nabber said:
you know, i've been seeing people really love bridge of spies, and while i enjoyed it, it didn't make much of an impact on me. the story was interesting, but overall it felt fairly standard and not very revolutionary
Maybe it's a weakness I have for recent-history movies, but it's the only movie this year which I scored with a 10 on IMDb.

yoooooo

Sorry I couldn't help more with putting this up, guys, but I'm glad to see you all pulled it off just fine! I'm definitely interested to see who shoots for being director, and I'm looking forward to more Shroom in 2016!

Back