Official 2015 Melee Tier List

So Pichu went past Bowser.

Both are horrible characters, but I wonder what are the factors that lead to the opinion that Pichu is ranked a bit higher than Bowser.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I don't see any major changes to it.

I'm just saying in general he's as low tier as he would be in FE6. I'm not actually sure if he went up or down. I know Marth went up which is cool.

That's because it is nothing major, but Pichu being above Bowser AND KIRBY is noteworthy since people have been saying how atrocious Pichu is (not saying that Bowser and Kirby are awful; it doesn't take being a Smash professional to know that Kirby is... WTF who designed that pos.

Dr. Mario said:
So Pichu went past Bowser.

Both are horrible characters, but I wonder what are the factors that lead to the opinion that Pichu is ranked a bit higher than Bowser.
Great nair, up air has a surprisingly good hitbox relative to his small size, amazing recovery, and he has good throws for gimps, combos, chaingrabs, etc. Should be at the very least bottom of low tier.

Baby Luigi said:
Forgive me for my ignorance, but I don't see any major changes to it.
Yoshi up 6

Game and Watch up 3

Zelda down 3

Dr. Mario down 2

Ganondorf down 2

Link down 2

Marth up 1

Sheik down 1

Ice Climbers up 1

Captain Falcon down 1

Pikachu up 1

Samus up 1

Mario down 1

Young Link down 1

Pichu up 1

Bowser down 1

Most significant change is people accepting the bottom half of the old S tier are actually sort of doo-doo and not S tier, and Amsa proving Yoshi is pretty good.

Eddy and Abate have been upsetting the second highest echelon of players, yet Luigi still can't get ranked past the now-unrepresented Doc despite getting top 8 at Big House. RIP

Dr. Mario said:
I wonder what are the factors that lead to the opinion that Pichu is ranked a bit higher than Bowser
Pichu is pretty fast, is a small target, and has a pretty good nair and an alright upair, great recovery, and a theoretical chaingrab on fastfallers. Bowser is big, sad, sluggish combo food that has to severely read and jank out his opponent.

I feel like the only reason Doc is relevant is that Shroomed used to play him, and now he mains Sheik. I'm glad they bumped Pikachu and Samus above him, but I feel like unless another really good Doc player comes around, he's just gonna continue to slip lower.

It's definitely proven Doc is a solid mid tier and he has a few good matchups above him. I just feel Luigi is getting developed and has more results by more players in the recent years. Shroomed's Doc has taken out a god while Luigi has failed to do so yet, but Abate in top 8 at Big House 5 and Eddy winning a Smash Sunday is pretty huge.

Back