Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and New Year in one thread!

I honestly don't have anything I really want this year tbh. There's not really any games this holidays that I want (or the few I might want I can't easily get atm) so idk. I guess I'll just wait and see what I get

My parents already told me to just buy whatever I want as long as it's not more than x amount of money. So it's all either sitting in their room somewhere or being sent here. I just got a few games, some cheap ones and an expensive one.

We set up a christmas tree for the first time in years, since my sister isn't around to complain about it any more. I really missed having one.

It'll likely just be me and my parents for Christmas again, it's usually New Years Day that the entire family tries to be together for rather than Christmas. I probably can't avoid having a few drinks for New Years this year but that's fine, I hopefully won't drink too much.

fuck you man, if you ain't getting drunk on new years, then what's the bloody point

The Imprisoned said:
But you should get something.
Naw life doesn't work that way.
Nozomi Toujou said:
Beast Boy said:
Nozomi Toujou said:
all i desperately want is a chest binder and no one's going to really deliver that in my house
I'll buy you that if you give me the opposite of what that is.
literally have so many i don't use anymore but they're probably too small for your height : (
It's ok Stargravy~

I'd rather watch the ones that do get drunk do stupid shit rather than be the one doing. I'm not 18 yet so I should probably hold off anyway.

New Years is usually just sitting around the heater with the family until midnight then watching the fireworks go off for a couple of minutes. It's not super eventful but I like it. The people next to us in the park do the hour of power every year which is always funny to watch when people start to break and have to run away and throw up.

My family always stays home and plays Uno on New Years'.

Meta Ridley said:
Walkazo said:
Aside from socks, I'd also like a Toblerone bar and more binder pages for my Pokemon cards, but that's all - tho I doubt my parents will respect my wish for "no new stuff", as always... I'm getting my brother Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition, more little fish for my dad (the tank's getting very empty), and some books and $1000 for my mom (to help pay off her credit card this month - hence I really don't want to be given much).

Finally someone else who still has/collects Pokemon cards! I wonder what your collection is like
Well, I've been collecting for 16 years, so it's pretty massive at this point. Like, about seven 1 inch binders' full including doubles and energies; it might be up to 8 now, tho - since I ran out of sheets, I've got a bunch that have yet to be filed. I'd weigh the collection, but the bathroom scale's out of batteries atm - might be around 10-15 pounds, idk, I'm terrible at guessing weight. I used to buy them a lot more when I was younger, but nowadays, I only really aim to get all 4 pack designs for each set, although over the years, I've missed a couple and only have 1-3 of a couple others, which rots.

That's pretty impressive! I've been collecting for about 10 years, I have 2 main binders, one giant ziploc bag for actual decks (I think there's 5) and one tin full of energies and trainers. My only goal is to catch them all. I don't really care about completing sets, I just want to have 1 of every pokemon. Which is why one binder is for display and one for duplicates. In the display binder, I have it organized in pokedex order (because the cover looks like a pokedex). I even took the time to put in gaps and when I get a new pokemon, it fills in the gap. Of course some pokemon like Kadabra are impossible but *shrug*. Would love to see your collection/show you mine in detail but this is not the place for that.

Pie in the sky gift is some money to go towards a car but as if that will happen. Otherwise Amazon / Audible credit because you can never have enough readibles, or a gift card to a clothes store because a lot of my stuff is getting worn out.

Not super fussed about games. Paper Jam would be cool but I'll probably end up getting it for myself.

I don't like getting novelty gifts because I won't use them and don't have anywhere to put them. :< I'd rather someone donating something in my name instead because either way I won't use it but at least that way somebody gets something nice out of it.

Kotori Minami said:
i want paper jam but lol
same honestly

also i'm going to compile an actual list
- harry potter books
- partners in time, my copy was lost and i want to play again.
- also maybe pokemon platinum?

^Yeah, Paper Jam's the only new game I've wanted for years, and the extra wait's a bit irksome. But at least since it's not out yet in NA, I can just buy it for myself later instead of my parents spending their should-be-for-groceries-instead money.

Meta Ridley said:
That's pretty impressive! I've been collecting for about 10 years, I have 2 main binders, one giant ziploc bag for actual decks (I think there's 5) and one tin full of energies and trainers. My only goal is to catch them all. I don't really care about completing sets, I just want to have 1 of every pokemon. Which is why one binder is for display and one for duplicates. In the display binder, I have it organized in pokedex order (because the cover looks like a pokedex). I even took the time to put in gaps and when I get a new pokemon, it fills in the gap. Of course some pokemon like Kadabra are impossible but *shrug*. Would love to see your collection/show you mine in detail but this is not the place for that.
I had one fighting deck back for gen 1-3: all basic legendaries to crush opponents before they could evolve anything, but haven't really tried coming up with a next gen deck or anything.

I have all of Gens I and II afaik (including Kadabras - they were in the first few classic sets, so if you really want one, try finding a store that carries single cards and see if they have one), and most of III except rarities, but after that, it's pretty hit and miss. Since there's so many versions of each card, I organize them by type and evolutionary families, and then I just sorta slot them in haphazardly based on what will fit on single pages, so like with fire, I'd have two Magbies or something, and then the rest of the page is Magmars, but then the only Magmortar I have is a rare, so it's kept with the other rares and holographic cards in a separate binder. The reverse holographics and whatnot are also grouped together, but wouldn't fit in the rares-only binder. I have one 2-inch binger for all the doubles (which I turned into 2 binders for my earlier post), in which I put all the versions of a given Pokemon in the same sleeve (even if there's different types involved), so I actually /could/ do that one numerically if I wanted to, but there'd be a lot of gaps for the rare ones, and sometimes Pokemon get SO common I need to use two sleeves to squeeze them all in. I also have a small binder for single and/or rare energies and a tin with all the extra, common fire-psychic energies.

There should be a thread for showing off Pokemon cards. Although I'm too busy with RL stuff and wiki work backlogs to try and go through my whole collection atm either way.

The Imprisoned said:
What I want for Christmas this year is about 15 or so video games (...)

Lol.

If I would have asked for 15 video games when I was a kid, my father would have probably cancelled christmas and gift me a coupon for a haircut.

I guess I'll make a list

-Xenoblade Chronicles X
-Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam
-Yoshi Woolly World
-Some GameCube games
-Books
-Ike amiibo (I wish)

Also have a birthday shortly after Christmas, my parents usually give one or two things on my list for my birthday instead

I also collect Pokemon cards, I'm quite proud of my collection. Also one time at the dentist I was allowed to choose something after and there were these rare Pokemon cards (like ex, level x and prime cards) so I grabbed some of those. I ended up with Salamence EX, Typhlosion prime, Gengar prime and an Arcticuno that was labelled as an ultra-rare card

Walkazo said:
My family always stays home and plays Uno on New Years'.

we do this in the summer

also for like six hours on thanksgiving this year

Fox Mulder said:
some records and the 3ds mario party probs

MPIT is actually pretty boring after you play it for a while

Fox Mulder said:
Cat Gray said:
Fox Mulder said:
some records and the 3ds mario party probs

MPIT is actually pretty boring after you play it for a while

really? thats a shame

the ds mario party was fantastic

it's fun for a while but after you unlock everything you resort to playing minigames and tower mode all the time

Raigh said:
mario party ds is probably my favourite mario party, but that may be slightly due to nostalgia

its not nostalgia

its the minigames

Back