Mario and other videogame music for guitars! *New Video*

Dinomyte

Goomba
Hi all,

This thread is dedicated to videogame music that I arranged for guitar(s) and most recently for guitar and piano. The works are below!

**Update**July 1st, 2020** NEW VIDEO *** DR. MARIO - FEVER ***

"Dr. Mario is coming and he's got the cure"

Fever from Dr. Mario:

Super Mario World Medley arrangement! Please share if you like it!

Mario Galaxy main theme for Guitar Quartet I did this years ago for fun :

Dragon Quest Endless World for Guitar Quartet :

My arrangement/transcription of Endless world (Dragon Quest I & II).

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/andreiburdeti]https://www.youtube.com/c/andreiburdeti]https://www.youtube.com/c/andreiburdeti

I also have some classical guitar solo music on my channel that is not related to videogames. Ive included a link to my website below.

I'm working to add more videogame music and especially more mario music. Please leave some comments if you like!

Thanks!
-
Andrei Burdeti,
Classical Guitarist
www.andreiburdeti.com

Last edited:
Re: Mario and other videogame music for guitars!

Whoa that is actually quite impressive.

Nice Work!

Emmett Brown said:

Nice Work!

Thanks so much for the comment Dr. Brown. I really appreciate it! :D

Dinomyte said:
Emmett Brown said:

Nice Work!

Thanks so much for the comment Freakworld. I really appreciate it! :D

you don't see this much

i used to play guitar, but quit

it hurt my fingers

JG Wentworth said:
you don't see this much

i used to play guitar, but quit

it hurt my fingers

The Chinese philosopher Laozi once said that "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"...but if you have rock in your shoe, I guess it makes it more difficult to go past the first mile or sometimes even the first step. ;D

You probably were playing a steel-string guitar. Classical guitar is far more gentle on the finger tips because of the nylon strings. ;)

you're pr'y right

These are actually pretty good! Nice work.

Viper26 said:
Will you play some of our Forum Games?

Sure but you should PM me if you want to go off-topic, otherwise please stick to what the thread is about. :dk:

Hope you understand. Thanks!

Stargazing said:
These are actually pretty good! Nice work.

Thank you for the comment Stargazing! :)

PS: I'm also Canadian ;D

Very sweet music! I like your Mario Galaxy theme.

Awesome Guitar music, keep it up!

JG Wentworth said:
wow you're on a roll with thank you's there man

Seems like you are also on a roll (modifying quotes and PMing me). :bowjr: I know you are just fooling around and that's fine. :wario:

I am grateful for every person that posts. It means that through music, I was able to move and touch them in some way- and that is the best gift a musician can ask for.

Baby Luigi said:
Very sweet music! I like your Mario Galaxy theme.

Nintendo64Dude said:
Awesome Guitar music, keep it up!

Thank you, both of you!! Your comments mean a lot.

I'm working on a Super Mario World medley at the moment which will be my next video. :yoshi:

i see you noticed my indirect corrections?

I have to say, this is fantastic. If I may ask, would you perhaps be able to do requests in the future?
After seeing those impressive displays of your skill with a guitar, I'd love to give some suggestions, you see.

Shuu Tsukiyama said:
I have to say, this is fantastic. If I may ask, would you perhaps be able to do requests in the future?
After seeing those impressive displays of your skill with a guitar, I'd love to give some suggestions, you see.

Hi Shuu, thanks for your message. I'm happy you enjoyed the music. Of course, I'd be glad to hear your suggestions! :)

Dinomyte said:
I'm working on a Super Mario World medley at the moment which will be my next video. :yoshi:
Looking forward to that! SMW's soundtrack is among my favorites from Mario games.

That reminds me... Maybe you would like to feature your music on our newspaper, The 'Shroom (The_'Shroom:Main_Page)? There's a sub-team dedicated to art and music (The_%27Shroom:Issue_102/Palette_Swap).

Hobbes said:
Looking forward to that! SMW's soundtrack is among my favorites from Mario games.

That reminds me... Maybe you would like to feature your music on our newspaper, The 'Shroom (The_'Shroom:Main_Page)? There's a sub-team dedicated to art and music (The_%27Shroom:Issue_102/Palette_Swap).

Hi Hobbes, that sounds like a great idea! How do I go about it?

Thanks!

Dinomyte said:
You probably were playing a steel-string guitar. Classical guitar is far more gentle on the finger tips because of the nylon strings. ;)
Today in my arranging class my teacher says that lol

Anyway your work is rather impressive. I can't comment much since I am a piano player, but such quality from a classical guitar is good indeed!

Late, but these are all really good. Keep doing what you do. :)

Dinomyte said:
Hobbes said:

Hi Hobbes, that sounds like a great idea! How do I go about it?

Thanks!
You have to fill the application found in this page and then PM it to FunkyK38. If you don't feel like committing to a monthly or bimonthly section, you can maybe send a one-off piece.

Smg2daisy said:
Dinomyte said:
Today in my arranging class my teacher says that lol

Anyway your work is rather impressive. I can't comment much since I am a piano player, but such quality from a classical guitar is good indeed!

Thanks Smg2Daisy! When arranging for piano you have a lot more freedom but you can do quite a lot with the classical guitar too :). One of the biggest issue with guitar is the sustain since we have no pedal...but there are ways to get around...like play the piece faster :P.

There are other problems you encounter when arranging or writing for guitar but I'm saving that for another post!

Threek said:
Late, but these are all really good. Keep doing what you do. :)
Better late than never! Thank you Threek. :)

Hobbes said:
You have to fill the application found in this page and then PM it to FunkyK38. If you don't feel like committing to a monthly or bimonthly section, you can maybe send a one-off piece.

Thank you for the info!

I'm thinking of finishing up my current arrangement first and applying after that for a one-time piece. I'd like to write about how I did the arrangement, and what challenges I encountered. Do you think that would be interesting for readers or is it too specific or specialized ?

Back