The heck happened to Toadsworth?

There is no toadsworth emoticon....

Magikrazy said:
Toadsworth's future is like a plunger.

Down the toilet. :(

:(

I know there isn't. The emoticon is there to signify Toadsworth's current insignificance.

I know you know, I was just saying the unfortunate reality out loud.

Alas poor toadsworth, I knew him well.

Mcmadness said:
I'd rather not think of the Mario franchise fecal matter anyhow.

Mario and Luigi are plumbers though, so its technically inevitable.

I've always wondered what the reason was for Toadsworth's existence since any role he had could easily be given to someone else (usually Toad) or removed entirely.

So Charles Martinet can do more besides "Wahoo!" and "Yippee!"

Now he can do *British mumbling* and "BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

Charles Martinet loves his job. And Toadsworth is one of those guys that sound tolerable during any given moment in a Sunshine cutscene (other than "looks like Mario's going to have to find a job".)

Mcmadness said:
I'd rather not think of the Mario franchise fecal matter anyhow.

You mean like Super Paper Mario?

Yeah I thinking he's gonna become one of the "kind of forgotten aside from a cameo or two" characters. Nintendo's strategy now seems to be to use the most popular characters or variants of them (babies, metal, ect.) This means some of the mainstays from the gamecube era are out especially since they were often came from Mario Sunshine or Luigi's Mansion. Now a lot seems to be based on Mario Galaxy and NSMB which would explain why Rosalina is in everything and other characters are limited to "safe" choices like generic enemies or major major Mario characters.

My twin said that there isn't as much spin-offs here as in the GameCube era, so that could also be the case.

Baby Luigi said:
You mean like Super Paper Mario?

Sometimes I think I love you.

Mechayoshi said:
Yeah I thinking he's gonna become one of the "kind of forgotten aside from a cameo or two" characters. Nintendo's strategy now seems to be to use the most popular characters or variants of them (babies, metal, ect.) This means some of the mainstays from the gamecube era are out especially since they were often came from Mario Sunshine or Luigi's Mansion. Now a lot seems to be based on Mario Galaxy and NSMB which would explain why Rosalina is in everything and other characters are limited to "safe" choices like generic enemies or major major Mario characters.
Well, maybe in the next Mario Baseball or something, but Toadsworth has his peak roles in the GCN generation, now that I think about it. And it's not really Mario Galaxy as it's just Rosalina and the occasional Luma.

Oh they'll probably replace him with captain toad in later baseball games.

If they ever make another baseball game.

Baseball games haven't cut anyone in their roster, but I'd be mad if there are any cuts. Especially if Toadsworth is cut.

No, but I doubt that would last forever.

OHCMONBABEHDUNBELIKEDATWECOULDBEGUDANEVERYTANG

All joking aside, Toadsworth is a missed minor presence.

Maybe AlphaDream bought him. His last appearance was in Dream Team and before that it was Bowser's Inside Story.

Watch someone take this seriously.

Back