The heck happened to Toadsworth?

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Seriously, during the gamecube and early wii era that guy was in like EVERYTHING.But nowadays he's all but vanished. He doesn't even make cameos in sports games anymore.The last time he appeared was in Dream Team and in Paper Jam he seems even further absent.

Did they just finally unofficially retire him? Because if so thats kinda sad.

Blue the Raptor said:
Headcanon is that Nintendo is killing off characters that aren't X popular.

Like Birdo too.

A very scary thought is going through my head right now.

Keep in mind, this era in Mario games didn't see a whole deal of spin-offs unlike during the Gamecube's lifespan, but I suppose even within the spin-offs, Toadsworth hasn't been in Mario Party 9 / 10, Mario Kart 8, and I didn't see him in Ultra Smash.

Dr. Mario said:
Keep in mind, this era in Mario games didn't see a whole deal of spin-offs unlike during the Gamecube's lifespan, but I suppose even within the spin-offs, Toadsworth hasn't been in Mario Party 9 / 10, Mario Kart 8, and I didn't see him in Ultra Smash.

Rip in piece Toadsworth

Toadsworth is probably a retired character, much like with the Koopa Kids. If I recall correctly, the last game that Toadsworth appeared in was Mario Super Sluggers.

Interestingly, Toadsworth does have his own trophy in Smash Wii U, but you have to make 8 KOs in a single Cruel Smash to get it.

MnSG said:
Toadsworth is probably a retired character, much like with the Koopa Kids. If I recall correctly, the last game that Toadsworth appeared in was Mario Super Sluggers.
He was in Dream Team as Mcmadness said.

He barely did anything in it anyhow so it doesn't matter.

I liked Toadsworth. I don't want to see him retire. Even if he is an old guy.

Michael Myers said:
He, like Petey Piranha, Paratroopa, and Shadow Mario, has been left behind after the Gamecube era.

But Petey has been in Puzzles, Sticker Star, and now Paper Jam. And I think you're talking about Paratroopa's playability...well Paratroopa is playable in Mario Golf: World Tour.

Maybe it's just because there haven;'t been as many spin-offs recently, but I just feel like they haven't been playable in awhile. I never played World Tour, so eh.

I'm aware Petey has appeared, but he hasn't been playable since Sluggers.

Michael Myers said:
He, like Petey Piranha, Paratroopa, and Shadow Mario, has been left behind after the Gamecube era.

Petey Piranha is actually still used at times, as he's appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Party 10, and even Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition.

Of course, in Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition, Petey Piranha is treated as a generic enemy, so there can be multiple Petey Piranhas in that game; this also applies to King Boo, who is a generic enemy as well.

I do believe that since the Wii U has had no Mario sports games, or really any Mario spin-off except for Mario Party 10 and Mario Kart 8, we haven't had the chance to really get to see any other character. I definitely think that a huge chunk of Sunshine-related content was prevalent during the Gamecube era since they probably thought that Sunshine was going to be a big hit, or it was just easier to bring over characters from it. I mean, it's like Luigi's Mansion and Sunshine they really drove all the way through the Gamecube era.

But I don't think they are forgotten or gone. I am baffled about what happened with the many missing characters in MK8, but Petey Piranha is still constantly used, with his latest console appearance in MP10, and Toadsworth appeared just two years ago, so it's not like he's been missing since 2008 like some characters were before MK8 came out (cough Baby Luigi cough).

And Birdo has been still used a lot. She was in Sticker Star, and she was a playable character last year in Mario Golf: World Tour. I don't know what is up with her and MK8/MP10 (though the latter may be a good thing), but I sincerely doubt they forgot about her. Even in MK8, they had banners with her logo and stuff on it.

As for the Ultra Smash game, we only know of 5 playable characters at this point. It's too soon to say who will be appearing/making a cameo and who will not be.

The Mario & Luigi series probably isn't the best place for Rosalina to be present in, especially when you take into account the art style of that series; characters are given black eye pupils, and that just won't look right on Rosalina.

He got banished because he is not Mario, Luigi, Peach,etc... or a group of Mario enemies. I don't like that.

Let's just hope he doesn't end up like Stanley the Bugman or Foreman Spike.

MnSG said:
The Mario & Luigi series probably isn't the best place for Rosalina to be present in, especially when you take into account the art style of that series; characters are given black eye pupils, and that just won't look right on Rosalina.

If it works fine with Peach, I couldn't really imagine it really being a stretch to adapt Rosalina into that artstyle.

I'm pretty sure Toadsworth will be back at some point.

Back