What's something that terrifies you?

Contrary to the others, something more serious that terrifies me is being infertile.

Soos Ramirez said:
sleep paralysis
I've had that a couple times (my old boss did too): you wake up and you can't move, and then you hallucinate that someone's coming up behind you to kill you or whatever, but you can't even scream. So freaky.

Walkazo said:
Soos Ramirez said:
sleep paralysis
I've had that a couple times (my old boss did too): you wake up and you can't move, and then you hallucinate that someone's coming up behind you to kill you or whatever, but you can't even scream. So freaky.
I've had that twice, it was scary, I could'nt move and i saw a figure approaching me...and i saw a scary clown (I'm surprised that did'nt land me with Coulrophobia)

Tornadoes, Death, Losing the people i care about, Swimming, and top of the list, Being bullied for who i am.

Walkazo said:
Soos Ramirez said:
sleep paralysis

For me, all sleep paralysis incidents were actually just dreams. I had several terrifying nightmares where I was trapped to my bed and I was screaming for help while several loud noises crashed outside.

None of it actually happened, though. No sleep paralysis incident happened when I was actually awake. But man it DOES feel real until you wake up.

Peridot said:
yoshiking14x said:
Peridot said:
You know, everyone is entitled to their opinion and you are certainly free to disagree with that process. But I believe that outright calling people who make that decision murderers is out of line. Murder is a very serious allegation and should never be thrown around lightly. And the fact that you just did that is something I have a problem with.

You can state your opinion, but do it civilly.

I am uncomfortable with silence. Also, swarming insects, particularly wasps. And the thought of being eaten alive.

Also a lot of other things I can't think of right now.

It's my opinion or point of view, I just don't always say it because it would be redudant. And is there another way to describe the process of abortion?

Can you explain more about the silence?

It is definitely not murder. As it has already been explained, an embryo is essentially a growth of cells without sapience, independent thought, or the capacity to feel pain, or anything really. It has the potential to grow into a sapient, independent organism at some point, but in that early stage, it cannot yet be called its own lifeform, and thus cannot be murdered.

If you do define abortion as murder, then logically that definition creates a whole slew of other problems.

There are, on average, approximately 300 million sperm cells released during ejaculation. Each of these cells have the potential to grow into a person, yet only the tiniest fraction of them (usually only a single one, sometimes two, very rarely more) are able to achieve this, while the other ones all die. So under that definition, by ejaculating you're willingly condemning 300 million people to die; Having sex turns you into a mass-murderer.

On a similar vein, for a woman, a new egg cell develops and travels to the uterus roughly every month. It too has the potential to grow into a person, but only when fertilized. If that doesn't happen, it gets flushed out and dies. And while you cannot classify this case as murder because the woman has no control over this, it essentially means that by not letting the egg be fertilized, she is allowing it to die. And legally, that would mean every time a woman has her period, she would be guilty of nonassistance of a person in danger, because she could have technically saved that egg.

Do you see the insanity of this definition?

This is of course not even going into the most important thing, which is that you do not get to tell a woman what she can or cannot do with her own body, no matter what you yourself believe. And if your response to that is accusing them of murder, that just makes you look presumptuous. So don't do it.

As for the silence thing: I have a tinnitus. Its severity varies depending on things like stress, but it's there and I don't like hearing it. That's why I usually surround myself with something that generates sound. I also tend to sleep with the radio on.

yoshiking14x said:
Another terrifying thing is unlimited ways to be wicked and I agree to a previous post about the effects of dying in the wrong way, in other words hell. I am trying too hard not to face it, which is why I am trying to eliminate any bad habits.

I don't know what religion you belong to, and I'm sorry if I'm making assumptions. But in a christian context, hell as punishment for the wicked is a concept that the roman-catholic church themselves have coined to get the populace to attend sermons through fear. Similarly they invented "purgatory", a sort of mandatory sentence to confinement in cleansing holy fire, essentially so they could sell their "get out of purgatory free" cards. Not too much stock should be put in those scams, because that's all they are: Scams.

If you're familiar with the life and values of Jesus Christ, then trying to live your life as honest and close to his example as you can would be enough to get you in his good book. Jesus was a merciful man, and he would not want his people to live in fear of hell. That's why he died on the cross: To take the burden of sin and fear away and build a bridge to paradise.

Thank you, but I don't think I need more explanations about abortion as I already been told. That goes with anyone who does not read all the comments and jumps into conclusions.

As with the religious topic, I am still going to keep myself out of trouble just to be more secure because I believe(and maybe you and the others) that everyone needs to do their part too since evil still dominates the earth and everyone is still vulnerable to temptation, well according to my beliefs if assuming my life style is different from anyone who reads this.

Another terrifying thing about real life is the fact that there is such thing as cannibalism, something that I never want to take part of. When stressed, I clench my jaws and I have the feeling that if someone will poke me or bump into me, I wil uncontrollably bite them and then gain an interest to human flesh. Yes I am that paranoid. I should relax a little more because it seems that I am pressuring myself into avoiding such misbehavior and that will encourage the feeling to be stronger.

Walkazo said:
Soos Ramirez said:
sleep paralysis
My dreams tend to consist of me unable to get out of bed. Sometimes, my eyes open and register my room (which is dark, but exactly morning) around me, but my vision is stuck like that, like a TV screen on freeze. Sometimes, I get out of bed by rolling off, but I can't stand up, so I squirm to get around. And my vision is still stuck as if I never got out of bed. In other dreams, I try yelling to my sister that I have sleep paralysis and sometimes she responds, sometimes she doesn't.

When I wake up, I tend to feel very groggy and my surroundings (the morning lighting) tend to be very similar to my frozen snapshot of my room.

I never ever hallucinate in my dreams.

Those dreams are still pretty f***ed up. Sometimes, I realize I'm in those dreams and I'm like "screw it, I'm changing direction of this dream" or "screw it, I'm waking up" or "screw it, it's that dream again". Lucid dreaming, I believe?

I had lucid dreaming this morning after work was cancelled and I went back to bed, actually, since I kept having nightmares. Like, literally every dream ended in me being like "nope, this is just a nightmare" and forcing myself to wake up. One dead pet snake dream, two crashed car dreams, and one family crisis dream, plus more I can't quite remember anymore. A very restful 2 hours, that was</sarcasm>

i actually need something to terrify me

my problem is less of "i can't bear to face this thing because i'm scared" and more of "i have no incentive to do/choose anything because i'm not frightened by the other option"

fear isn't always a bad thing. it leads us to choose what we want and what will benefit us because we fear the alternative

probably my biggest issue in life right now is that i have zero incentive to do anything, and having no fears is part of that

Also, foreclosure. I'm so self-conscious about my money that it kind of pains me to spend now. My friends have an allowance or a job and it's like a hungry person who can't afford food in an In-n-Out.

In the meantime, I'm going to continue pressuring my sister to get a freaking job because she's not even going to college this semester for reasons I don't even comprehend.

Walkazo said:
I had lucid dreaming this morning after work was cancelled and I went back to bed, actually, since I kept having nightmares. Like, literally every dream ended in me being like "nope, this is just a nightmare" and forcing myself to wake up. One dead pet snake dream, two crashed car dreams, and one family crisis dream, plus more I can't quite remember anymore. A very restful 2 hours, that was</sarcasm>
I've been trying to lucid dream for months.

I seem to lucid dream when I have the power to. But yes, I did change the course of dreams a few times. One time, I steered it away from a nightmare by pretending that I'm Mario and cannot die.

Mario Party Δ said:
I seem to lucid dream when I have the power to. But yes, I did change the course of dreams a few times. One time, I steered it away from a nightmare by pretending that I'm Mario and cannot die.
That's like my strategy I use to prevent nightmares especially if it involves monsters, I simply pretend to be a superhero or a more powerful monster.

rabies are something I wish they never existed. Is rabies treated as plural or singular?

Rabies is singular, since it's the name of a virus.

I had to get rabies shots once after getting bitten by a bat (which probably wasn't rabid, but it's not something you wanna gamble about however good the odds are). 6 shots the first day, and then 4 more throughout the month. Fortunately, needles don't bother me - the paperwork was more of a hassle.

Vaccinations are the best thing ever and yet I really really hate needles

The only thing that terrifies me is talking face to face with someone.
It makes me blush with embarrassment :-[

Yeah, eye-contact makes me squirm.

Baby Luigi said:
The only thing that scares me about needles are anti-vaccers.

Walkazo said:

Baby Luigi said:

The only thing vaccine related that's worse than needles

Baby Luigi said:
Walkazo said:

Baby Luigi said:

The only thing vaccine related that's worse than needles
Aside from vaccine complications and autism and toxins and thiomersal mercurcy and aborted fetus DNA and CDC COVERUP!!!!!. But anti-vaxxers cause more harm than any vaccine complication will do, so you're still right.

No, really, a big portion of the anti-vaxxer crowd are a bunch of thugs (not excluding Mike Adams, Jenny McCarthy, and Andrew Wakefield).

shy said:
The only thing that terrifies me is talking face to face with someone.
It makes me blush with embarrassment :-[
No worries, You will conquer it. When I was a new member, I was really, really, really careful on sending messages to people from a large distance. This site made me more comfortable talking to people face to face.

Back