most overpowered item in any of the mario platformers?

Lord Bowser

listen
Banned User
in your opinion, what is the most overpowered non-temporary (i.e star, p-wing, white tanooki) item in all of the platformers?

I'd say the tanooki suit. it basically breaks the game in sm3dw and makes champion's road quite bearable. the blue shell from nsmb is a close second though

probably the feather cape in super mario world, since you can basically skip a huge amount of the level in many levels.

Still fun to use though.

Blue Yoshi in Super Mario World

The Propeller Suit is up there but it has an awesome design and is all-around awesome so it gets a pass.

Gold Flower in New Super Mario Bros. 2. The fireballs leave a large explosion and kill every ennemy (except Boohemoth I think).

And now for a non-flying one.

The Hammer Suit. It lets you throw hammers that kill almost everything, and the shell is fireproof.

No mention of the Mega Mushroom from NSMB yet? Property damage and you get lives afterward?

Cirdec said:
Gold Flower in New Super Mario Bros. 2. The fireballs leave a large explosion and kill every ennemy (except Boohemoth I think).
TheFarmboy said:
No mention of the Mega Mushroom from NSMB yet? Property damage and you get lives afterward?

Captain Falcon said:
in your opinion, what is the most overpowered non-temporary (i.e star, p-wing, white tanooki) item in all of the platformers?

It's funny how any flying power-ups break Mario. Wonder how well Kirby would fare...I digress lol...maybe if they introduce more flying power-ups they could try designing levels circumventing those so it's not broken. But please, no Tubulars.

Baby Luigi said:
It's funny how any flying power-ups break Mario. Wonder how well Kirby would fare...I digress lol...maybe if they introduce more flying power-ups they could try designing levels circumventing those so it's not broken. But please, no Tubulars.
The P-Balloon. Terrible at being OP, but wonderful at giving us "art."

Heeheehee nice quotations there. Never got the appeal of turning characters into ----ing balloons

Magikrazy said:
The Hammer Suit. It lets you throw hammers that kill almost everything, and the shell is fireproof.
On the other hand though, the Hammer Suit is incredibly rare and I feel that kinda balances it out.

Well, if you count Newer Super Mario Bros., then...

For water, penguin, for air, super cape, for projectile, fire flower.

Why fire flower and not hammer? Because the hammer's ark makes it unwieldy.

Mcmadness said:
For water, penguin, for air, super cape, for projectile, fire flower.

Why fire flower and not hammer? Because the hammer's ark makes it unwieldy.
It helps when you're hitting things above you without getting close to them. Hammers also pass through the terrain.

The ice flower also has its uses too. It can kill dry bones, firebars, amps, destroy wand blasts from the Koopalings, and hell, even destroy Bowser's and Bowser Jr.'s fireballs

Mario Party Δ said:
It helps when you're hitting things above you without getting close to them. Hammers also pass through the terrain.

Which isn't all that often. It's no surprise to me that you only get them near the last 2 worlds or so.

Back