The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

[ohgodpleasedelete]

Shine Sprite
For refrence purposes, since barely anyone here goes to SmashBoards. Any TR4Q posts will be deleted on sight. Out of 15 points, these are how characters stacked up.

SS Tier
metaknight.png

Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
snake.png

Snake 13.91

A Tier
falco.png

Falco 13.03

dedede.png

King Dedede 12.94

gw.png

Mr. Game & Watch 12.50

marth.png

Marth 12.09

diddy.png

Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
wario.png

Wario 11.47

rob.png

R.O.B. 11.38

lucario.png

Lucario 10.94

olimar.png

Olimar 10.94

C Tier
pikachu.png

Pikachu 10.34

kirby.png

Kirby 10.16

dk.png

Donkey Kong 10.06

popo.png

Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
zerosuitsamus.png

Zero Suit Samus 8.88

toonlink.png

Toon Link 8.47

pit.png

Pit 8.44

peach.png

Peach 8.16

wolf.png

Wolf 7.91

E Tier
luigi.png

Luigi 7.41

zelda.png

Zelda 7.03

bowser.png

Bowser 6.91

fox.png

Fox 6.66

shiek.png

Sheik 6.44

ike.png

Ike 5.91

F Tier
mario.png

Mario 4.56

lucas.png

Lucas 4.50

ness.png

Ness 4.50

samus.png

Samus 4.41

sonic.png

Sonic 4.16

pt.png

Pokémon Trainer 3.94

yoshi.png

Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
link.png

Link 2.28

jigglypuff.png

Jigglypuff 2.03

ganondorf.png

Ganondorf 1.88

falcon.png

Captain Falcon 1.63

Really, I'm most surprised that Marth is higher than R.O.B. and Wario, Diddy got raised as high as he did (4 spots!), and that R.O.B. was moved down 3 spots.

Free Loader said:
Gregory House said:
So, is anyone going actually comment on it? >_>
What is there to say? :| If I thought some characters belonged somewhere else on the list, nothing would happen, and you said if we think the game is actually a fun game about skill, we get our posts deleted.

Expressing an opinion on the list doesn't mean that I'll delete your post. Saying something stupid like TR4Q will.

shouldn't there be two tiers? 1-1 match tier and free for all tier? because snake is good for free for all, but i havn't seen a good 1-1 snake

Kirby should be a high A at the least.

Smiddle said:
SS? Meta-Knight's a nazi now?

I see what you did there.

Stooben Rooben said:

Kirby's really lightweight and a bit predictable. Copying's cool and all, but most players usually just spam that move, so he gets punished often.

crystalking said:
shouldn't there be two tiers? 1-1 match tier and free for all tier? because snake is good for free for all, but i havn't seen a good 1-1 snake

Have you ever seen a FFA tournament? They don't exsist. FFAs are WAY too random.

I play pros quite a bit, and Snake is broken with his running Up-Smash and killer tilts.

James Wilson said:
Stooben Rooben said:

Kirby's really lightweight and a bit predictable. Copying's cool and all, but most players usually just spam that move, so he gets punished often.
His ability to copy is really weak in comparison to his up-B and side-B. Not to mention that those moves can do around 50% damage if you execute them really good. His standard A is perfect for cornering enemies and keeping them there, unless you have a character that can evade his fast punching. He has a really great recovery, and his down-B is perfect for dropping on unexpecting opposers and KO'ing them instantly. All in all, Kirby is one of the best characters in the game despite how easy he is to knock aside.

Stooben Rooben said:
James Wilson said:
Stooben Rooben said:

His ability to copy is really weak in comparison to his up-B and side-B. Not to mention that those moves can do around 50% damage if you execute them really good. His standard A is perfect for cornering enemies and keeping them there, unless you have a character that can evade his fast punching. He has a really great recovery, and his down-B is perfect for dropping on unexpecting opposers and KO'ing them instantly. All in all, Kirby is one of the best characters in the game despite how easy he is to knock aside.

I completely disagree.

His up-B is really easy to dodge, and the aftershock can be refelected. It's not even an exteremely useful recovery move because it's an instant death if you miss. Side-B is slow to start, and can be shielded easily. It's also one of his only killing moves besides up-Smash. Any standard A is good for cornering enemies, but Kirby's can be rolled out of just like anyone else. Standard A isn't overly useful unless you're Ike. 5 jumps is pretty awesome, but that won't stop him from being KO'd at obscenely low damage %s to the side and upwards. It really only helps out against spikes. His Down-B can be easily dodge rolled out of considering how predictable it is (if they're above you, they're either going to do Down-B or Down-Air; both can dodged easily, so there's no reason why you wouldn't roll). Couple all of these problems with his low priority and his light weight, and you have a mediocre character. Maybe he's not Captain Falcon bad, but he's nowhere near as good as you say.

Beowulf said:
Stooben Rooben said:
James Wilson said:
Stooben Rooben said:

I completely disagree.

His up-B is really easy to dodge, and the aftershock can be refelected. It's not even an exteremely useful recovery move because it's an instant death if you miss.

Maybe he's not Captain Falcon bad, but he's nowhere near as good as you say.

All Up+B's are deaths if you miss, and the new Brawl characters really have that feature. Whats wrong with Capt Falcon?

Toadbert101 said:
Beowulf said:
Stooben Rooben said:
James Wilson said:
Stooben Rooben said:

I completely disagree.

His up-B is really easy to dodge, and the aftershock can be refelected. It's not even an exteremely useful recovery move because it's an instant death if you miss.

All Up+B's are deaths if you miss, and the new Brawl characters really have that feature. Whats wrong with Capt Falcon?

First of all, Kirby's up-B is a stall-n-fall move. All stalls-n-falls are instant deaths if missed.

What's wrong with Captain Falcon? D0000000d...

Toadbert101 said:
Beowulf said:
Stooben Rooben said:
James Wilson said:
Stooben Rooben said:

I completely disagree.

No, they aren't. Take G&W's for example. If you miss the initial ledge grab, you can still float back on the stage.

Captain Falcon has no useful moves, like, at all besides Up-Smash. He constantly ranks in last place at tournaments, and has suck match-ups.

Beowulf said:
Toadbert101 said:
Beowulf said:
Stooben Rooben said:
James Wilson said:
Stooben Rooben said:

I completely disagree.

No, they aren't. Take G&W's for example. If you miss the initial ledge grab, you can still float back on the stage.

Captain Falcon has no useful moves, like, at all besides Up-Smash. He constantly ranks in last place at tournaments, and has suck match-ups.

W/e, Im pretty good with him. I usually fail at ledge grabs cause I end up facing the wrong way when I get back up there. Useless Wii Remote control pad.

Toadbert101 said:
Beowulf said:
Toadbert101 said:
Beowulf said:
Stooben Rooben said:
James Wilson said:
Stooben Rooben said:

I completely disagree.

W/e, Im pretty good with him. I usually fail at ledge grabs cause I end up facing the wrong way when I get back up there. Useless Wii Remote control pad.

Doesn't Br0l allow you to grab the ledge no matter which way you're facing?

Smiddle said:
Toadbert101 said:
Beowulf said:
Toadbert101 said:
Beowulf said:
Stooben Rooben said:
James Wilson said:
Stooben Rooben said:

I completely disagree.

no. σ_σ

Smiddle said:
Toadbert101 said:

It always seemed that way to me.

Stooben Rooben said:
Smiddle said:
Toadbert101 said:

It always seemed that way to me.

Same'd

How is ness that low. He has one of the best throwing abilities in the game and he is amazing with arial combat. His bat can reflect objects which is very useful. he also isn't too predictible.

crystalking said:
How is ness that low. He has one of the best throwing abilities in the game and he is amazing with arial combat. His bat can reflect objects which is very useful. he also isn't too predictible.
But have you ever actually tried to play as him? He's hard to control.

Back