what are the hardest mario levels ever?

I did Champion's Road with Mario first. It was a pain.

Pick any level from lost levels, chances are it's one of the hardest in the franchise.

Sapphire said:
Mcmadness said:
Pick any level from lost levels, chances are it's one of the hardest in the franchise.
IDK man I beat Lost Levels, but I haven't been able to do a lot of levels in Galaxy.

Well I did use save states in LL, so eh.

I only made it to World 4 because of VC save states.

Sapphire said:
Mcmadness said:
IDK man I beat Lost Levels, but I haven't been able to do a lot of levels in Galaxy.

Well of course it doesn't count if you used savestates.

Champions Road wins a place in my heart for being the most miserable few hours in my life I had to endure through.

Cirdec said:
Sapphire said:
Mcmadness said:

you try beating it without save states lol

Captain Falcon said:
Cirdec said:
Sapphire said:
Mcmadness said:

you try beating it without save states lol

I did it. It's hard but definitively not impossible.

The original, really? On a Famicom?

EDIT: I just remembered that emulators were a thing. Never mind me, I'm being a massive idiot, once again.

Either way, cool.

i did it on all stars
i used that trick to get like 99 lives in the first level and then did it from there
shit took me a whole day i think
like 8 hours of straight ll
all the way to d-4

RandomYoshi said:
The original, really? On a Famicom?

EDIT: I just remembered that emulators were a thing. Never mind me, I'm being a massive idiot, once again.

Either way, cool.

The original game on the Wii Virtual Console.
I don't use emulators (illegal stuff blabla)

Cirdec said:
I did it. It's hard but definitively not impossible.

Nobody is saying it's impossible but it's reputation as the hardest Mario game is well earned.

The Perfect Run I actually beat on my second try. ..Which made it anti-climactic for me, since it was toted to be so difficult by people and it was over so quickly. Why am I so good at Mario... :'(

LunarTanooki said:
That freaking Pachinko Machine in Sunshine, the physics are all over the place.

This is harder. Argh, I remember that took me forever to complete (also that leaf raft level was pretty tough). Some of those Sunshine special levels were really difficult.

But honestly, this is a question I need to mull over. I don't generally encounter great difficulty with Mario levels, even for the Lost Levels. A likely candidate for me would be one of the DLC Coin Rush levels from NSMB2. Some of those are just cruel.

Beating the Perfect Run in two tries doesn't necessarily make you good at Mario tho.

Baby Luigi said:
Beating the Perfect Run in two tries doesn't necessarily make you good at Mario tho.

Definitely. It's not particularly difficult, just annoying. A testament to EAD Tokyo's horrible interpretation of difficulty.

Giffy Giffy said:
Baby Luigi said:

Definitely. It's not particularly difficult, just annoying. A testament to EAD Tokyo's horrible interpretation of difficulty.

Nintendo is never going to go down the Kaizo road though. The Lost Levels may be for more experienced players, but at least its difficulty is on the fair side.

Back