Mother 3

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
I recently got a rom and an English patch, so I'm finally playing Mother 3 (woo hoo!).

It's pretty awesome, but I actually liked Earthbound better.

pics or it didnt happen

Link plz

I have yet to play a Mother/Earthbound game, but all the talk I've heard of this game is starting to intrigue me.

Toadbert101 said:
pics or it didnt happen

Link plz
I'm not allowed to link to a rom. I'm not sure about the patch.

ShyGuy27 said:
Toadbert101 said:
pics or it didnt happen

Link plz
I'm not allowed to link to a rom. I'm not sure about the patch.
To the best of my knowledge, the patch is legal.

Jim Gordon said:
Patches are perfectly legal, yes.

Earthbound is overrated. Terrible story.
Overrated, yes, but still a good game.

It's got some neat little throwbacks to Earthbound, like club Titiboo being in Dalaam, and Porkey having a "friend's yoyo". (He never forgot Ness :'). How nice.)

Well, I thought Mother 3 was way more intresting and action-packed then Earthbound.

And don't even THINK about comparing Mother 1.

Well, those are just opinions. And mine happens to differ. I love the Mother series. Can't wait for the English patch for Mother 1+2.

I tried EarthBound in an emulator, and I gave up on it when I realized that, without grinding, most normal battles could only be won by praying that the enemy randomly missed it's attack.

Blitzwing-2 said:
I tried EarthBound in an emulator, and I gave up on it when I realized that, without grinding, most normal battles could only be won by praying that the enemy randomly missed it's attack.

If you're complaining about early game, just go home and eat some [ insert favourite food here ].

Blitzwing-2 said:
The battles aren't that hard. Unless you avoided every battle for half the game and find yourself at level three in Moonside.

The rules only ban double posting if it's within three hours of the previous post.

I figured out why I couldn't beat the Mechorilla. I skipped an entire portion of the game somehow, so I'm missing a party member. ._.

Off-topic: Triple post. =3

Back