Mother 3

I must be the only one on this planet who thinks that Earthbound is nothing more than an overrated, mediocre piece of garbage. I'll never be able to understand why this game (or any other game in the Earthbound series) is getting so much hype.

Hyper Guy said:
I'm a pretty big Earthbound fan.MOTHER 3 is darker than Earthbound,and was,yes,pretty heartrending.I mean,when Pokey trapped himself in the absoloutley safe capsule...I just feel so guilty for him! :( He's come away from his familly,friends,(*Cough* Loner *cough*)to get trapped in a machine! :eek: I paid more attention to that than Claus dying! :D
Anyway,being trapped in New Pork City sucked :P I don't know why,but I do prefer Earthbound.
It's a jolly good show. :posh:
Note:Barrier Trio do look pretty gay,huh?

No offense (although some may be taken anyway) but Pokey was a acomplete asshole! He was a jerk in both games. Good Riddance I say, GOOD RIDDIANCE!

As far as I can tell, the Earthbound series is only getting a bunch of hype for the following reasons:

-Nintendo of America refuses to acknowledge it (even going so far as to remove the demo from the American release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

-Its storylines.

I'll admit, the storyline did seem kind of interesting from what I've played, but I just couldn't enjoy the game, due to its mediocre gameplay. I tried to enjoy the game, I really did, but again, I just couldn't. After playing the game for at least fifteen minutes (after I had done a few battles, of course), I got bored with the game and turned it off. I don't care HOW good the storyline is- If you have to put up with such boring gameplay to progress through it, then it's not worth it.

SolarBlaze said:
As far as I can tell, the Earthbound series is only getting a bunch of hype for the following reasons:

-Nintendo of America refuses to acknowledge it (even going so far as to remove the demo from the American release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
-Its storylines.

I'll admit, the storyline did seem kind of interesting from what I've played, but I just couldn't enjoy the game, due to its mediocre gameplay. I tried to enjoy the game, I really did, but again, I just couldn't. After playing the game for at least fifteen minutes (after I had done a few battles, of course), I got bored with the game and turned it off. I don't care HOW good the storyline is- If you have to put up with such boring gameplay to progress through it, then it's not worth it.
The story was awful, I loved the gameplay.

jaffffey said:
Hyper Guy said:
I'm a pretty big Earthbound fan.MOTHER 3 is darker than Earthbound,and was,yes,pretty heartrending.I mean,when Pokey trapped himself in the absoloutley safe capsule...I just feel so guilty for him! :( He's come away from his familly,friends,(*Cough* Loner *cough*)to get trapped in a machine! :eek: I paid more attention to that than Claus dying! :D
Anyway,being trapped in New Pork City sucked :P I don't know why,but I do prefer Earthbound.
It's a jolly good show. :posh:
Note:Barrier Trio do look pretty gay,huh?

No offense (although some may be taken anyway) but Pokey was a acomplete asshole! He was a jerk in both games. Good Riddance I say, GOOD RIDDIANCE!

Man...They knew what they were doing.The creator even said he wanted people to have mixed emotions about Pokey.I feel sorry for him,and you don't care... :P
Sniff...Both ending themes,the violin Pigmask one,and the other,and the MOTHER 3 Love Theme...
Everything about that game brings pesimistic thoughts... :'( ...and then you can be really happy when you complete a chapter,only to be told something horrible's happened... :(
Heartrending indeed! :)
But I get over it and continue my spiffing day! :posh:

I just beat the game, and I must say, the ending was just plain amazing.

Julius said:
LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
I just beat the game, and I must say, the ending was just plain amazing.

You told me you hated it.
That was before I actually beat it. It was more that I didn't like how they just spring the end on you. It's like "climb the tower climb the tower oh yeah final boss coming in about 5 minutes keep climbing" "wait what about the final boss?".

I was jumping ahead of myself. The ending itself is amazing.

jaffffey said:
jaffffey said:
to not like mother is to not like new gameplay, I will leave it at that.

Not all games are "MASH THIS BUTTON AS MANY TIMES AS POSSIBLE".

I don't understand what you're saying.

Mother gameplay can be described as two things:

1.) MASH THE A BUTTON AND YOU WIN THE BATTLE

or

2.) PRESS FAST FORWARD ON YOUR EMULATOR AND PRESS A PERIODICALLY

Julius said:
jaffffey said:
jaffffey said:

or

Obviously, you have only fought a snake and watched me battle foppies.

Actually play a game before bashing it. It makes you look like you know what you're talking about.

Also, Hyper Guy, it is impossible to feel pity for Porky, though he was totally awesome.

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
Julius said:
jaffffey said:
jaffffey said:

or

Obviously, you have only fought a snake and watched me battle foppies.

Actually play a game before bashing it. It makes you look like you know what you're talking about.

Except I have played it past the first level, you know. It's not like I've only played the first battle.

Yeah, the first level is basically press the A button to attack.

So are all RPGs before you get any good abilities. Symphonia is another "mash A and you win" game by your definition.

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
Yeah, the first level is basically press the A button to attack.

So are all RPGs before you get any good abilities. Symphonia is another "mash A and you win" game by your definition.

Tales games in general*

Back