Upcoming Game Catalog

Hm...If GBA's planning to host their Mafia game around the end of March, when would be an opportune time to host my own Mafia game?
Opening sign-ups in late February/early March would probably be fine. Mafia and Living Game have very different gameplay anyway so there's not a lot of overlap, the original one ran in pretty much the same timeframe as 'Shroom Mafia 4 with no issues.

Opening sign-ups in late February/early March would probably be fine. Mafia and Living Game have very different gameplay anyway so there's not a lot of overlap, the original one ran in pretty much the same timeframe as 'Shroom Mafia 4 with no issues.
Alright, I'll go ahead and do that then.

let's go new living game

revival of berdly? (real?)

btw I might try hosting Duowars (that new game I tried to make back in Awards 2021) in June/July

Reactions: GBA
Sm0mxv0.png
Rogues in Rogueport 2 (tentative title) will be coming to your Strategy board at a later date!

This was definitely not in my plans, but I got some ideas in mind recently that felt could make for a fun game. I have made some steady progress on it and if everything is fine, then I will potentially host it in late April-early May as the soonest. If not, then it will be something for later in fall (or even likely after Issue 200 of The 'Shroom to avoid any burnout). In any case, I will look for what might be the best time possible for the potential players and myself as well.

Last edited:
Sm0mxv0.png
Rogues in Rogueport 2 (tentative title) will be coming to your Strategy board at a later date!

This was definitely not in my plan, but I got some ideas in mind recently that felt could make for a fun game. I have made some steady progress on it and if everything is fine, then I will potentially host it in late April-early May as the soonest. If not, then it will be something for later in fall (or even likely after Issue 200 of The 'Shroom to avoid any burnout). In any case, I will look for what might be the best time possible for the potential players and myself as well.
penguinz0-yeah-baby.gif

WOO YEAH BABY THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT

Sm0mxv0.png

This was definitely not in my plans, but I got some ideas in mind recently that felt could make for a fun game. I have made some steady progress on it and if everything is fine, then I will potentially host it in late April-early May as the soonest. If not, then it will be something for later in fall (or even likely after Issue 200 of The 'Shroom to avoid any burnout). In any case, I will look for what might be the best time possible for the potential players and myself as well.
Glitz Yoshi (Red).png
Gritz Yoshi: "Oh. Interesting. The first game where me (Gritz Yoshi) appeared in getting a sequel? I will be for that. This time, not as a cat. That was because of Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury with the cat theme."

HtS6638.png

The story is set two years after the events of Rogues in Rogueport. Ms. Mowz and Sticky Warrior were back to Rogueport after an expedition in the Beanbean Kingdom. All seemed well, but not long after their arrival in Rogueport, the Rogueport Restoration Committee sent out a call for aid in all of its surrounding areas.

However, all connections to the port town were quickly lost, almost instantly after the call for aid, leading to plenty of speculations. It also appeared that Sticky Warrior and Ms. Mowz had vanished and their whereabouts yet to be known…

What is going on again in Rogueport?

Sign-ups for Rogues in Rogueport 2: Uprising will go live on April 22nd. I hope you are looking forward to it! ❤

Winter Living Game, named because it was meant to happen in like December and be themed around exploring a winter wonderland instead of the 500th tropical resort, is still being worked on, but my original plan to host it in Jan/Feb is no longer feasible. Instead it will likely run at the end of March, which ironically puts it about a year after the first Living Game.
Any further delays I'll announce ahead of time.
Slight change of plans, I'll be pushing this back ever so slightly, and running this in early April, so possibly the first or second week at the latest. I'll have a final date ready by March 31st, which is when the lounge thread will go up. Apologies for any inconvenience, things have been kind of hectic and I haven't been able to devote the time it needs. If I had a nickel for every time a Living Game was being hosted while NS was running a Mafia I-

eef5f960293c09d4c377653a96336a9fd5a032ad.jpg

e849c411615b4a6b0ba4e85fbd4df60b70141ff5.jpg
68da214a64a8ba3924bc18abc03ec2f47bfc9f02.jpg

e40f559ac6fb62c77cbf95d5e2180f484a0535c9.jpg
8cb8fe261968596f32321fc1d31f6594211cbc9a.jpg

9fd8fa433f691bf8a6c6f01b6e66707d8bbda7c0.jpg

1b248dc5f3b4d94eaa329842b1acf3c862e91a62.jpg
fef2d38d8368574b4eb235016d06a266532c6edb.jpg

792ae7baa20bacc3a8fe22d8e908caaab4fd9767.jpg
fcea9b6b4a5b91fa043ebf2631a8de224af441f6.jpg

1efda9982c14d5617ef614fa55b77563b8ba009c.jpg

dc7affd2446520ebb8aae44805036f509d284c19.jpg
2357fe7e0368d6ea9c939136175e896dd13ce3e4.jpg

bf0ba5d9a217be3d54d1bb7fe6d184770047d2c5.jpg
774d384be429819003b7df5e89451029e287a934.jpg

b2271ad18850fef51ded9f26653879f4cc6510e8.jpg

*ding dong*
Well, Fanta I made it. Despite your directions.
Ah, Super Mario Boards, welcome.
I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable decennial.
Yeah.
*Gasp*
Oh, ye Gods!
My celebration is ruined.
But what if...
I were to host a forum game and disguise it as my anniversary special?
Ho-ho-ho-ho-ho. Delightfully Devilish, Fanta.
Steamed Hams Mafia (Coming Soon)

In the event that you're asking a genuine question, Mafia is a strategy game played by a group of players ranging anywhere from 8 to 20 or more. It has other names such as Werewolf, but players are divided into different factions. Usually this is the Town and the Mafia. The Town does not know who their teammates are, but the Mafia does (to compensate, there are significantly less Mafia players than town players). Throughout the course of a game, there's two recurring phases: Day and Night. During the Day phase, players spend time deciding on who they want to vote out of the game. For the Night phase the Mafia selects one player to target, and they will be eliminated from the game. The goal for the Town is to vote out the Mafia, and likewise the Mafia has to survive long enough to eliminate most of the town. The game largely focuses on deduction and deception as players try to accomplish their goal for the game. There's other rules such as role powers that can change things up, and host variations to keep things interesting, but that's the gist of it.

Ok so
I know I've said I'm going to do this multiple times now and never really got round to it

But real talk who would be interested in a Midnight Hotel rehost?
Problem is that it would have to be sometime in the summer which is when I have the most time, and that's also awards season and in retrospect the whole Sleuthing Games idea is remarkably similar to Killing Games

So it might be better to try Duowars instead

I'll let you guys weigh in your opinions, what do you most want to see?

Reactions: GBA
My honest take here, Blathers, is that I'm most interested in whichever idea you feel you are more capable of and comfortable with hosting and whichever is more developed.

That is to say, I'm equally interested in seeing you give the Midnight Hotel another shot and seeing you give Duowars a chance, and I'd participate in either. You've got some neat ideas, and you can make something fun if you really think through the design of either of these. What I recommend is that you run with whichever you're more confident that you can get to a refined state and which you can see through.

If I absolutely had to choose one or the other, I would lean towards the Midnight Hotel, because you've had a go at that and you can look at what didn't work in the first attempt. The similarities to KG, and your experience in a KG, may also make it easier for you to identify pitfalls.

Duowars has a lot of potential, and I do think you can introduce us all to a completely new game like it would be, but I'd rather you have a chance to give it a trial run and see what works and what doesn't before scaling it up to your big event of the year. I want you to introduce Duowars at its best, and some kind of trial run might help you do that.

Ditto what Pitohui said, I'd be interested in either but I'd recommend starting with whatever game you feel more confident hosting.

For what it's worth, regarding Sleuthing Games and KG being similar I really don't think that's much of a problem. Sleuthing Games fills its own niche of KG-style investigations without players needing to commit to a massive game or having the stress of being directly involved with the case as the culprit, and I definitely think there's more room for mystery solving games like that.

Yeah, I feel the best thing to do is just to go for what you feel most capable with hosting, and not worry about a new format feeling too similar to something else.

Following on from WT, sometimes having that groundwork of "oh it's kinda like this other game" is nice to establish basic interest. Experimental games with similar features to existing ones will grab people 100% so long as the core game idea sounds fun, and sometimes even the games they're based on can adopt new perspectives from such experiments. In a way, the KG format is an ongoing experiment in itself. Individual KGs offer their own perspectives on the format with their gimmicks, which are sometimes kept between instalments, and so the game format keeps evolving.

Of course they are experiments, so it might not go perfectly, but as Pito stated, if you want the more original format to be your main goal, holding a small trial run and gathering feedback to keep evolving it is an excellent idea. Everything starts somewhere. KG did.

Ultimately, if you're worried about pleasing/interesting everyone, just remember that it is always an impossible task and you should focus on making sure you're presenting something you can host to the best of your abilities first and formost, and be open to feedback. I look forward to seeing what you do, regardless.

Last edited:
Rogues in Rogueport 2 News:

The sign ups for Rogues in Rogueport 2: Uprising mafia game will go live tomorrow roughly around 6PM EDT, and I will be aiming for a maximum of 18 players. I will not be accepting more than that, as this is simply how I designed the game. See you tomorrow!

😈😈😈

MXKMgkS.png

Back