Redesign the site after the latest Mario Game.

DaKid

Whomp
I motion for this if possible. That game would be Super Mario Maker.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

First, do you mean the wiki, the forum or both?

Second, would this be temporary or permanent?

Third, what does redesigning after Super Mario Maker entail? Would the logo be changed to resemble the game's logo? Would there be more?

Hello, long time no see.

I think the work is more than we can bear though. And I think the person who controls the theme around here is Porplemontage and I doubt he'd approve.

You could try requesting someone talented with CSS to make a custom skin of the site though or you could try yourself.

Perhaps we could temporarily redesign the site to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Mario or something.

Magikrazy said:
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

First, do you mean the wiki, the forum or both?

Second, would this be temporary or permanent?

Third, what does redesigning after Super Mario Maker entail? Would the logo be changed to resemble the game's logo? Would there be more?

Can be temporary. I meant just this site, and to be honest, this sites design is terribly dull and uninspired. It's just.... red...

Personally I think it's fine the way it is. The only qualms I have is the stars in which I feel it's a missed opportunity to make Mario-themed stars instead of generic ones

But speaking of which I wish custom themes were back. I remember the Dark Bowser theme on this site and it was pretty cool. Green and Black are like, two of my favorite colors put together lol.

DaKid said:
Can be temporary. I meant just this site, and to be honest, this sites design is terribly dull and uninspired. It's just.... red...
The site's fine. You come here for the posts, not for the background, and I think it being plain red is better than if there were a bunch of gaudy, distracting colours and scenes or whatever.

The site is fine, but when I see it I don't see "Mario" it doesn't feel like a site dedicated to Mario. You may not care and no, it's not a big deal, but it does make the site forgettable, especially if you're a person that visits multiple forum sites.

Yeah, you do have a point, I guess. But at least we have Mario smileys? :cheep:

DaKid said:
The site is fine, but when I see it I don't see "Mario" it doesn't feel like a site dedicated to Mario.
What??? Ok uh, but this is wrong. Look at the main index. It's all iconic red with iconic font style with iconic mushrooms. How does that not scream "Mario"? Are you even still talking about this forum?

The site is red, so therefore it's Mario-y? It's more black than red anyway.

The Mushrooms are there, I guess, but the rest doesn't scream Mario to me.

I feel rvlution.net is more Mario-y than this one.

But they do have the option for users to design their own type of user-specific posts. Which usually looks really gaudy. But, hey, I still like that forum.

Mushrooms are there, outside of that and an extremely outdated "Super Mario Boards" title.... this site iforgettable. It has no personality, nothing stands out. And that can make new users not return to the site, because it's forgettable

DaKid said:
Mushrooms are there, outside of that and an extremely outdated "Super Mario Boards" title.... this site iforgettable. It has no personality, nothing stands out. And that can make new users not return to the site, because it's forgettable

That's your opinion, anyway.

The board has a steady flow of traffic, there's usually always multiple users online, and posts are made very frequently. If the site was really that personality-less and forgettable, it would have died by now. Yet it is still here and well-visited, so it must be doing something right.

Plus, I like the simple, unintrusive design. It means I can browse the site while on break without having a colleague look over my shoulder and being like "What the crap are YOU logged into there?? Ahahaha!!"

DaKid said:
opinions. i mean i wouldn't mind if the design changed but it doesn't determine whether i enjoy coming here or not. as tacky as it is, imo its really the community and not the mario motif that gives the website its 'personality' and its what draws me back here everytime. its why we get so many new users that come for the mario and leave immediately because that's hardly what gets talked about

if you believe that fancy graphics will improve your Super Mario Boards Experience™ then that's fine, but there are larger, more open forums to discuss hot mayro topics in that you'd probably benefit from more.

Peridot said:
Plus, I like the simple, unintrusive design. It means I can browse the site while on break without having a colleague look over my shoulder and being like "What the crap are YOU logged into there?? Ahahaha!!"
hah i feel this way as well, sometimes I even get nervous about just the logo being too much of a giveaway :I

Peridot said:

You have signatres turned off, right? : p

When I browse during break, yeah. Otherwise, nope.

GBAToad said:
hah i feel this way as well, sometimes I even get nervous about just the logo being too much of a giveaway :I

That's what's great about the simplistic design: You can just scroll the logo off-screen.

Well you guys don't have to do anything, I was just suggesting a temporary redesign for the 30th anniversary and maybe when other games come out.

Yeah, I also love that the forum's incognito for use at work and school: my office is now tiny - I could poke all my roomies with a ruler without even getting up from my chair, and try to avoid threads likely to have images when I'm there. I always have sigs and avatars turned off: sigs are gaudy and distracting 90% of the time anyway, and give my home computer issues; my really old computer couldn't deal with avatars either, and I never bothered turning them back on when I upgraded, although I periodically consider it to try and stay on top of bloody name changes a bit better, but never actually follow through...

Peridot said:
When I browse during break, yeah. Otherwise, nope.

GBAToad said:

That's what's great about the simplistic design: You can just scroll the logo off-screen.

back when the my little pony fad was a thing i never checked the boards unless i was in the safety of my own home

also calling the site uninspired is a little mean. i fucking love the look of a simple machines forum

I don't check the boards OUTSIDE of home.

Namely because the ads are as ugly as sin and I don't socialize in the Internet outside of home.

Back