Do you think there is a toad named ''Toad?''

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Or do you just see it as a random generic toad they were too lazy to name?

My headcanon sees that Toad as an individual. He distinguishes himself from others by wearing a blue vest while normal red Toads wear a red vest. While there are Toads that wear a blue vest, that's a coloring mistake.

And all the generic enemies that are playable are always the same individual.

My head canon is that captain toad is the toad named Toad and the toad brigade are the same toads that were with Mario and peach in sunshine

Also the blue and yellow toads from NSMB and SM3DWorld are also those toad brigade members.

Confused yet?

Nysic said:
but then why doesn't the blue toad wear glasses in nsmbw

exchanged them for contacts.

Mcmadness said:
Nysic said:
but then why doesn't the blue toad wear glasses in nsmbw

exchanged them for contacts.
You can have both contact lenses and glasses. Just ask me and my sister.

Also, Blue Toad in 3D World is Blue Toad. Meanwhile, the Toad is Captain Toad, and he's doing that meanwhile. Finally, the Blue Toad in Captain Toad is Blue Toad too.

It's much clearer than what Nintend'oh says about this entire huckus puckus.

My dad goes back and forth between them as well.

Toad is just his nickname, given to him by Mario and Luigi when they first met him in Super Mario Bros. He referred to himself as a toad, but they thought he said his name was "A. Toad", so they called him Toad for short. It stuck.

The boring straighforward answer:

-SMRPG's Toad is identified as an individual character in the original Japanese script.

-In a miiverse interview, EAD producer Koichi Hayashida states"By the way, Captain Toad is actually not the same Toad as the Toad who’s playable in games like Super Mario Bros. 2 and Wario’s Woods,", implying there is infact a "The Toad".

Well it's not the first time I've ignored such things

Glowsquid said:
-In a miiverse interview, EAD producer Koichi Hayashida states"By the way, Captain Toad is actually not the same Toad as the Toad who’s playable in games like Super Mario Bros. 2 and Wario’s Woods,", implying there is infact a "The Toad".
Everything would be easier for the entire world if Hayashida just said Captain Toad is Toad himself while the Blue Toad in 3D World is Blue Toad, but I digress.

everything would be easier if they gave the toad an amulet or some small accessory.

Yeah.

Oh, you can say all Toads look alike even though they can tell each other apart and humans apart as well, just as how all crows seemingly look alike, but they can recognize you and other crows.

Baby Luigi said:
everything would be easier if they gave the toad an amulet or some small accessory.

or a backpack with a headlamp

Magikrazy said:
But that would make Toad indistinguishable from Captain Toad.

More like make them the same individual

personal headcanon:
'toad' as an individual is typically the red toad with a blue vest, except for in SMB2 (where he was blue because restrictions) and in SM3DW (where he was blue to reference SMB2). this is the toad who appears in spin-offs etc.
blue toad from NSMBW/U is totally indepentdant from toad in SM3DW
captain toad is separate from toad the character. he had a red vest in galaxy so i always assumed he was a separate character

although like most story related things in the mario series, everything relating to toad as an individual is very vague and open to various interpretations so i don't blame you if you think its something different from my headcanon

Epic Nitwit said:
personal headcanon:
'toad' as an individual is typically the red toad with a blue vest, except for in SMB2 (where he was blue because restrictions) and in SM3DW (where he was blue to reference SMB2). this is the toad who appears in spin-offs etc.
blue toad from NSMBW/U is totally indepentdant from toad in SM3DW
captain toad is separate from toad the character. he had a red vest in galaxy so i always assumed he was a separate character

although like most story related things in the mario series, everything relating to toad as an individual is very vague and open to various interpretations so i don't blame you if you think its something different from my headcanon
These are pretty much my thoughts.

Captain Toad is just Toad with a captain's outfit since he still seems close to Toadette. Blue Toad from SMB2, NSMB series and SM3DW are all the same Toad, named Buckenberry who has a yellow brother named Ala-Gold, which I think was what the developers called them or something in the concept art.

Mcmadness said:
My head canon is that captain toad is the toad named Toad and the toad brigade are the same toads that were with Mario and peach in sunshine

Also the blue and yellow toads from NSMB and SM3DWorld are also those toad brigade members.

Confused yet?

That's basically how I see it too. Just because the Blue Toad doesn't have glasses in the NSMB games doesn't mean he isn't the same, just different artistic depiction.

I definitely see Captain Toad as being the original Toad we all know and love, since he has the red cap (and hangs out with Toadette).

My view of the “Toad”:

NSMB'S Blue Toad is the same as Super Mario bros 2's Toad and 3d World's Toad.

Red Toad is the same as Captain Toad but he is not a captain during this moment because he was not promoted yet.

Sorry to bring out an old thread, but Super Mario Maker has made a rather interesting contribution to the Toad identity subject:
AnLbRiu.jpg

Make of that what you will, but this is the first time the games themselves have ever made any sort of statement regarding who the captain is and the signs point to ''The" Toad being the captain.

Back