Games that you hardly enjoyed or just didn't enjoy that much.

Galacta Knight said:
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land

Now, don't get me wrong here. I'm sure it's not a bad game. The thing is, it's not interesting enough in things for me. It's Kirby's Adventure, so the abilities have literally only one move(barring a very selected few) and many of them are so bad ugh. The size proportion of things feels just awful(maybe because it's a NES title remade in GBA, but whatever), and the music is okay. Extra Mode feels just lazy. Kirby's Dream Land handled Extra Mode better than Nightmare did(unsure about Adventure), and it was literally the first title. KDL had different enemy and boss patterns and challenged you without cutting your HP. KNiDL merely cuts your health in half. Maybe I would be able to appreciate it more if I hadn't played Super Star Ultra first, but meh.
Actually, come to think of it, KNiDL is meh, but the one I really have a problem with is Kirby's Dream Land 2.

It feels like it manages to handle partner-less abilities more primitively than Adventure. Animal partners are cool, I'll give you that. Level design feels just ugh sometimes(autoscrolling and only one of the three paths will not kill me for sure. I tried to find some pattern to it, but I just couldn't), and I stopped really enjoying it somewhere near the end. I didn't even bother to get to the real final boss because that would involve redoing levels and hoping to find that one hidden item and I just didn't feel like redoing levels.

Ephraim said:
I always found Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon pretty meh. I liked it enough, reclassing was a good feature to introduce, but it felt really bare bones. I guess bringing the series back to its roots was kind of the point, but it still felt too stripped down in comparison to other games, especially in terms of characters. I couldn't really get attached to any of my units and almost all of them ended up as faceless drones, and that's without getting to the point that the game gives you literal faceless drones.
I'm amazed you haven't mentioned the game's obsession with having you kill off units.

Lyn said:
Ephraim said:
I always found Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon pretty meh. I liked it enough, reclassing was a good feature to introduce, but it felt really bare bones. I guess bringing the series back to its roots was kind of the point, but it still felt too stripped down in comparison to other games, especially in terms of characters. I couldn't really get attached to any of my units and almost all of them ended up as faceless drones, and that's without getting to the point that the game gives you literal faceless drones.
I'm amazed you haven't mentioned the game's obsession with having you kill off units.
Oh, yeah, there's that. I never really got invested into the game enough to bother figuring out who I need and who to murder to get the gaiden chapters.

Glitchy said:
Imagine if Link got a personality like Samus's in Other M. "I need authorization from Impa!"
How did that whole authorization thing work exactly?

I'm genuinely confused.

Glitchy said:
Other M doesn't deserve to be mentioned in this thread because this thread is the "games you hardly enjoyed or didn't enjoy much" thread which would imply you enjoyed Other M even just a little bit.
Ah so this Thread is like when people say "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less"

wow that is bullshit

In that case, you are "authorized" to continue hating this game.

Could you imagine if Mario games were like that? Needing Toad's authorization to use so much as a Super Mushroom?

Only if you aren't authorized to jump as that would make the game actually fun. No, you have to fall into the bottomless pit below.

Glitchy said:
Other M doesn't deserve to be mentioned in this thread because this thread is the "games you hardly enjoyed or didn't enjoy much" thread which would imply you enjoyed Other M even just a little bit.
"Hardly" can be interpreted in different ways. In some ways it's used, it can even mean "not at all".

Can't the authorization be tied to finding certain codes, activation items, fuel, etc.? You know, maybe explain why Samus's weapons don't work because the deux ex machina planet environmental conditions have a different chemistry on how things work and so Samus has to find certain items in that planet.

Cave Story 3D. It was basically the same game but glitchier and reskinned to look like butt². Why did I even think it was a good idea to get it on release date? What is my life?

Threek said:
mega man 2 is overrated as fuck

yes, but its still good. the first one is even worse, really

Pit said:
Cave Story 3D. It was basically the same game but glitchier and reskinned to look like butt². Why did I even think it was a good idea to get it on release date? What is my life?

never buy it if you can get it for free (english patched original version, you probably have that one though i assume)

Pwwnd123 said:
This is a thread to talk about games that you hardly enjoyed or just didn't enjoy too much, or even games that you didn't like too much.

First on my list is Super Mario 3D World.

I didn't enjoy the game as much. I felt that it was way too linear and it didn't had that exploration factor like the Galaxy games. It wasn't as fun as the Galaxy games. I prefer the Galaxy games over 3D World. It didn't had that magnum opus charm like the Galaxy games. It just wasn't that enjoyable for me.

Heck I've enjoyed Castlevania: Lament of Innocence and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness and even the Galaxy games far more than 3D World.

The second on my list is New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

I found the controls sometimes to be a little ackward which takes away from my enjoyability.

I'll also add the original Metroid on the NES as a third on my list.

I hardly could enjoy it, it felt too tough and I constantly die a lot and, I'm not very great at it. Grinding was just tedious. I mean, I have gotten more into it's remake/retelling Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid.

I'll also expand on why I don't like 3D Land and 3D World that much.

They're just nowhere near as epic as the Galaxy games. The levels are so linear and restricted and they are just so short and piss easy. Plus they have bland design choices. There is no explorability. I think it seems like 3D Land and 3D World have taken the direction of the 3D Sonic games with very linear design and a straightforward path with hardly any exploration. And plus you have a timer which just ruins it. I mean 64, Sunshine and the Galaxy duology had no such thing as a timer (except for some of those Speedy Comet Missions in the Galaxy dualogy). I really hate that idea, it takes away from that whole freely roam around exploration that 64(64DS), Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2 are known for. But honestly the 3D Marios were designed to be non linear and had exploration as it's goals, they weren't designed to be restrictive, linear and like the retro 2D Marios, it doesn't look good. 3D World was okay and meh at best. But 3D Land was the worst of them.

3D Land and 3D World just don't feel thrilling or epic like Galaxy 1 and 2. They just aren't as great and are somewhat disappointing when compared to their predecessors Super Mario 64 and it's remake, Sunshine and Galaxy 1 and 2.

Those are the reasons why I think Galaxy 2 was the last really great 3D Mario title and why 3D Land and 3D World weren't as great.

But honestly after this, I think the 3D Marios should go back to how they used to be or go take the Metroidvania direction.

There there, there is my personal feelings.

I got another game that I hardly enjoyed.

Starfox Assault

The controls were very tough and pretty complex for me. I wasn't very good with it.

Pwwnd123 said:
I got another game that I hardly enjoyed.

Starfox Assault

The controls were very tough and pretty complex for me. I wasn't very good with it.
Complex my ass.

It was easy for me.

Fossil Fighters Frontier

oh my god this one sucks soooo badly compared to the first two

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Way too easy because 100 coins = an extra life. Why does that matter if there's thousands of coins per level? And if you never lose any lives in the first place? I ended up with around 100 lives and I never got Game Over.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

This was my first Paper Mario game and I was hyped to play it when I got it for Christmas, however I was disappointed at how boring and lifeless it was. Because of this I thought all Paper Mario games were boring as this one, until I read that this (and for some people Super Paper Mario) was the only bad one.

Rayman 3D and Pokemon X/Y.

Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies was also disappointing. Got bored of Star Fox 64 3D so fast that I think it can qualify for this too.

I gotta say that I got bored of Wii Sports.

It is boring, and it doesn't deserve to be the best selling game of all time because it sucks and besides there are far better sports games than it.

It was only the best selling game because it came with the Wii and the Wii sold a lot. Before Wii Sports, it was Super Mario Bros, which came with the NES.

and before that it was pac man for the atari which was also sold with the console at one point iirc

Glitchy said:
It was only the best selling game because it came with the Wii and the Wii sold a lot. Before Wii Sports, it was Super Mario Bros, which came with the NES.

I know that.

Nintendo Land

I didn't enjoy it for long. I got bored after a little while.

Back