Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

GBAToad said:

yeah it's got every pokeyman, looks pretty story intensive as well (most of them seem to be talking about mega stones, plus you meet with heaps of legendaries). all starters plus pikachu and riolu (<3) are the pokemon you can choose from, no personality test it seems

definitely gonna give this one a shot, looks fantastic
NO EEVEE?!

I'M OUTRAGED!!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING WAIT POST GAME TO GET ONE.

I'M REAL DISAPPOINTED GAME FREAK! YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB! ONE FUCKING JOB!

That's great, the starter selection this time is at least decent. I'm still going to wait and see if this game is any good, like if it retains the good parts from Gates to Infinity.

Looking forward to play as Mudkip. I know I liek them.

It's got every Pokemon? Well that's a vast improvement from Gates to Infinity.

i also think that hunger is back (considering there was a green circular meter in the wailord shot which read 'stomach' in japanese)

but for every dungeon...who knows? after doing a bit of research, apparently gates to infinity had like, 3 dungeons with hunger. maybe there'll be more this time around.

vast improvement from gates of infinity either way

edit: also looking in the monster house shot it appears that traps/wonder tiles might be back too

of course traps return, alongside their hellish brethern, the godforsaken pp zero traps

new trailer hype

i think the personality test is back omg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this game looks fantastic yay now i'm excited

this is still looking really good

spin traps break after one use holy shit YES

GBAToad said:
this is still looking really good

spin traps break after one use holy *bleep* YES
Spin traps aren't too bad.

Get confused? Wait one or two turns. See an enemy? Throw Silver Spikes at it.

GalacticPetey said:
They should have revealed this game at E3. That would have been much more hype.
That's what I thought too...

Mario Party Σ said:
Spin traps aren't too bad.

Get confused? Wait one or two turns. See an enemy? Throw Silver Spikes at it.
they're not too bad when you yourself step on them but they're horrible when your partner steps on them because you're almost helpless when they walk around in circles and inevitably step on the trap again. that won't happen now that they bust after one use, and i hope the rest of the traps work the same because that might make me actually like traps as a mechanic

Yeah, that's true. Your partner is a dumbass, lol.

I know traps break in Gates to Infinity after being used, so perhaps this will carry over?

I just hope crap like PP Zero and Grimy Food get removed or at least nerfed.

There's going to be a dungeon where the staircase will always be surrounded by Grimy Food and PP Zero and Electrode Traps and you will like it.

Can't wait for the inevitable Monster House trap.

Gamefreak75 said:
There's going to be a dungeon where the staircase will always be surrounded by Grimy Food and PP Zero and Electrode Traps and you will like it.

Can't wait for the inevitable Monster House trap.
We have it already. It's called the Sweet Scent trap or something like that.

I'm excited for this. Never got Gates to Infinity, but I heard it was a bit of a disappointment.

One thing's for sure: I don't care if they change up the gameplay a little bit. I definitely didn't buy these games for the thrilling gameplay. As it is, the gameplay is just passable. There's a lot of luck involved that can make it really frustrating to play (seriously, has ANYONE survived an entire monster house without needing a ridiculous amount of items?)

Purple Yoshi said:
(seriously, has ANYONE survived an entire monster house without needing a ridiculous amount of items?)

Yeah

Either bottleneck them or use an AoE move like Powder Snow or Heat Wave.

Yeah. Bottlenecking is just backing up deep into a corridor and dispatching the Pokemon one by one. If you have a partner following you, just command them to "get away" (it's, by default, set to "Let's go together"). It doesn't work so much if you spawn right into a Monster House, but most Monster Houses are triggered when you enter the room. That being said, if you find something like a Petrify Orb, keep it for Monster Houses. Then, you can dispatch the Pokemon one by one there, too.

...well, there we go. Finally, another PMD game. The last 2 years have been looking bleak for the side-series but it's coming back, hopefully.

Now, to see if we get something like Red/Blue Rescue team... those were the days...

RandomDSPlayer said:
...well, there we go. Finally, another PMD game. The last 2 years have been looking bleak for the side-series but it's coming back, hopefully.

Now, to see if we get something like Red/Blue Rescue team... those were the days...
Explorers of Time and Darkness weren't too bad. Although they introduced some annoyances, I like a lot of other aspects of those games.

*small bump*

I heard people say that this is a vast improvement over Gates to Infinity (which I skipped), rivaling or even surpassing Sky. I'm interested in this game now.

I'm looking forward to this game (I've played a bit more of Explorers of Time and the gameplay is captivating... even if it gets cheap a lot of times) although some mechanics aren't 100% clear to me. It seems that the recruitment mechanics aren't like the traditional ones, where you have to kill goons and hope they reappear so they ask you to join their team. This time, it seems that you have 720 missions to accomplish to satisfy their requirements. When it comes to the legendaries, it's easier than trekking through deep dungeons possibly several times. But for other cases... wouldn't this make evolution obsolete? Not that it matters much to me; I never evolve my starter people.

This was the game that finally murdered my wallet completely.

But I totally love this game. I love the 3D graphics, I like the music, and the gameplay has been very much improved from Explorers of Time/Darkness (I've never played Gates to Infinity but I've read it's a vast improvement other that one. The game's a bit more difficult than the first two (the normal attack is pretty useless now, akin to a struggle, you're basically required to use PP moves) but still not too hard.

Anyone else get this game, btw?

From my personality test, I had...a ----ing Oshawott and Pikachu for partner. I was pretty disgusted at this wretched combo. My actual team is a Turtwig (Buhlophe) and Piplup (Peeps). So far, the game has been pretty easy, since they throw around Tiny Reviver Seeds like candy, so I didn't restart once, but of course I died and those things saved me (I stopped at the Axew connection mission, that's where I am)

Back