Overcome Miyamoto´s Ideology

KingMario128

Hi Guys!
Hey, im here....has been awhile since my last post (and nobody remembers me) so lets go to the subjectc :posh:

Miyamoto is Mad GENIUS, has great experiments and ideas, but not always work at all, and Mario is his favorite victim....lack of story, lack of character develop, lack of most things modern gamers would hate....all because his "gamplay only" philosophy, granted, it works with Mario, and his games still GREAT, but why Star-Fox, Zelda, F-Zero even PIKMIN has better stories, character develop and a little of lore and Mario don´t?!

Well, i know because interviews (old interviews) that the developers wanted to give Mario more story in his games, Super Mario Galaxy 2 & NSMBWii wanted to has a little more story, but were shout down be Mr Miyamoto...you know i love Galaxy 2, it feels so...HUGE....but at the same time, so inconsequential because the lack of story, galaxy 1 hasn´t a big story but........still have a little more that Galaxy 2 and that "little" make a HUGE diference and makes Galaxy 1 story feels a little more....EPIC

So what´s my point?....lately developers became a little more "independent" from Miyamoto who is focusing in other proyects like "Star Fox" "Pikmin" and his "Proyect Robot/Shield", and manage to add "Cutscenes" after the end of Each world in 3d Land, make a "diferent" plot in 3D World and "NSMBU" (just a little) and more important....Captain Toads Spoiler
"continuity, Captain Toad is a Prequel to 3D World"

Its a good start but i know the developers have fear at miyamoto, so they dont go NUTS with thier RADICAL IDEAS of WORLD BUILDING, DRASTICAL DIFERENT STORYLINES and LORE "gasp" (sarcasm)

But, there is a way to please Miyamoto and at the same time give a little of the mention above:

:mario:Story & Character Development
Problem: Miyamoto don´t like have story in a Mario game.
Solution: Make it like a "Silent Cartoon" - Miyamoto like Popeyes and old Disney cartoons, make a Mario game with a story told as a silent cartoon, with the expresions and not dialogue, an image can say more that a thousand year door...i mean words (see what i did here? a Paper Mario joke because that paper mario rumor......its funny because....em...shut up) will work A LOT, it will be funny and it will "please" critics and gamers alike.

:rosalina: Continuity & World Building
Problem: Miyamoto don´t want continuity in Mario games
Solution: Throw very "subtle" references - A la Kirby, like in Triple Deluxe, have LOTS and LOTS of references and world building and kirby isn´t a game about story

Just simples "alternatives" "loops" to make a Mario game have a little more "meat" that usual....What do you think?

P.S: There´s more problems like "All Mario Games are Super Mario Bros 3" and "Why he doesn´t use things from Super Mario Land or Super Mario Land 2 ?" thats..........something to discuss in another thread, is another can of worms and maybe has something personal for Miyamotos
P.S 2: Yes F-zero didn´t have a game in some years and the story in F-Zero is stupid....but at leasts has more meat that Mario´s

Why would Mario be good with world building? Why would it be good with lore? With continuity? With character development?

I always see these points brought up but no one addresses them. Ntm most of the Mario RPGs (M&L and PM games) usually have character development throughout the game.

EDIT: also, if you're suggesting the series doesn't have some of the most interesting and varied locales, then you must be smoking something. I agree it would be cool to re-visit those worlds, and see how they link together, though.

Nintendo needs to release a Tolkien-style map of all the countries and states of the Mario World.

John Frusciante said:
Why would Mario be good with world building? Why would it be good with lore? With continuity? With character development?

I always see these points brought up but no one addresses them. Ntm most of the Mario RPGs (M&L and PM games) usually have character development throughout the game.

EDIT: also, if you're suggesting the series doesn't have some of the most interesting and varied locales, then you must be smoking something. I agree it would be cool to re-visit those worlds, and see how they link together, though.

Nintendo needs to release a Tolkien-style map of all the countries and states of the Mario World.

I mean im not asking tolkien-style epicness or something like that, im just saying, kirby games lalety have "contuinity" nods that make the more hardcore fans happy, and the boss descriptions in the pause menu are really good giving some "lore" to kirby.....why kirby and not mario?

Also....i want explore alot of level based in mario kart racetracks (toad harbor, neo bowser city, super ball subway) but we only get plains, deserts, oceans, poison swamps....the usual

Stargazing said:
this hurts me to read

if you talk about the subject, is just my opinion...but if you talk about my writing....Sorry, english isn´t my first language :(

KingMario128 said:
Stargazing said:
this hurts me to read

if you talk about the subject, is just my opinion...but if you talk about my writing....Sorry, english isn´t my first language :(
Eh, that's okay. But, I'll help you.

´ isn't the best to use in contractions in English, use ' instead.

i also hate the way they're moving towards games without any real characters, plot, or setting

but you're not going to accomplish anything by complaining on here about it. you might as well just play a different franchise

John Frusciante said:

"interesting and varied"...?

4-A_NSMB.png

5-3nsmbwii.png

NSMB2_CobwebJungle.jpg

World5-6StarCoin2.jpg

NSLU_5-2.jpg

LoopLoopRiver.png

KingMario128 said:
Stargazing said:
this hurts me to read

Well for starters you should ease with the bold

Then clearly there is continuity, because Mario's just going through the same handful of areas each time - just taking slightly different paths and sometimes changing up the order he passes through the places and making the odd substitute and shortcut (or longcut) here and there.

That's a creative way to interpret to asset recycling.

Walkazo said:
Then clearly there is continuity, because Mario's just going through the same handful of areas each time - just taking slightly different paths and sometimes changing up the order he passes through the places and making the odd substitute and shortcut (or longcut) here and there.
Glowsquid said:
That's a creative way to interpret to asset recycling.

10/10 would read again :yoshi:

I have a feeling that this "Miyamoto Ideology" has something to do with Nabbit random debut. Why you may ask? Here's the following:
1.Nabbit was probably going to have a backstory like Rosalina , but maybe the developers remembered the no story rule, so they just put this mysterious rabbit in the game with no explanation.
2. Nabbit was probably intended to be someone in a rabbit disguise (The fish eyes, and his black limbs), but they left him as a random purple creature.

yoshiking14x said:
2. Nabbit was probably intended to be someone in a rabbit disguise (The fish eyes, and his black limbs), but they left him as a random purple creature.
Il Piantissimo.

^I saw your post, left, and came back when I remembered who that was

oh my god i'm dying laughing were's the like button

Back