Yooka-Laylee

Ghost Jam said:
Pi said:
There's been a new update posted today. It previews the first piece of dynamic music from the game, much like how Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie dynamically changes the music as the player approaches different areas in the game's areas.

This is magnificent. Grant Kirkhope is a genius.

Dr. Mario said:
So, it's like the different channels in Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Rayman Legends and Super Mario Galaxy?

The simplest way to explain this is with examples:
You'll notice as you listen to this that there are parts where the melody is the same, but the instruments change. That's what we're talking about, when the character walks in range of a different world, the music changes how it's played from the base toon to something themed after the world.
Yeah, that's what I thought. They are different channels.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/251879-yooka-laylee-kartos-challenge-theme-character-revealed

It will be Wuntolda's lair

You know, both Yooka-Laylee and Bloodstained said they were looking to get their games done by late 2016.
Didn't think that was possible, but both games are moving along at a surprising click.

DragonFreak said:
it's the tutorial level in Banjo-Kazooie as a full sized level.

Chiaki Nanami said:
How would you make Spiral Mountain into a fully fledged level, though?

They tried to do that in Nuts&Bolts.

The result was the moments leading up to the final showdown of the game being accompanied by peaceful banjo music.

Gets you pumped for the final battle, doesn't it?

Grunty's revenge kind of turned spiral mountain into a full level.

Kind of.

Photography Raptor said:
DragonFreak said:
it's the tutorial level in Banjo-Kazooie as a full sized level.

Chiaki Nanami said:
How would you make Spiral Mountain into a fully fledged level, though?
I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Did you try to make a post and then forget to insert content? That's okay, not every post is a winner, I can understand.

Back