Yooka-Laylee

DragonFreak said:
Baby Luigi said:
"If only I had a pair of wheels...Maybe the final game will have a fun vehicle building mechanic?"

olololol
Intentional jab at Nuts and Bolts?
No it couldn't possibly be B)

lmao I love that animation. reminds me of my little pony's style a lot too, don't know if that was intentional

http://www.playtonicgames.com/playtonic-labour-update-october-2015/

been a while since news

Hmm, I'm debating whether this is the perfect time to forget about Yooka-Laylee and then play it once it's out so I get nothing spoiled for me...

On the topic of these news, I like the animation of that ghost — it looks fluid and fun to look at.

That's neat. I've always speculated something about 64-quality models in a contemporary game, and this is kind of like that.

There's been a new update posted today. It previews the first piece of dynamic music from the game, much like how Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie dynamically changes the music as the player approaches different areas in the game's areas.

So, it's like the different channels in Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Rayman Legends and Super Mario Galaxy?

Dr. Mario said:
So, it's like the different channels in Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Rayman Legends and Super Mario Galaxy?
SM64 doesn't do it (can't remember the others)
Basically the music changes depending on the situation, like whether you're in the overworld, underwater, etc

Pi said:
There's been a new update posted today. It previews the first piece of dynamic music from the game, much like how Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie dynamically changes the music as the player approaches different areas in the game's areas.

This is magnificent. Grant Kirkhope is a genius.

Dr. Mario said:

The simplest way to explain this is with examples:
You'll notice as you listen to this that there are parts where the melody is the same, but the instruments change. That's what we're talking about, when the character walks in range of a different world, the music changes how it's played from the base toon to something themed after the world.

motherfuckers, I've written two goddamn sections about dynamic/interactive music for the 'Shroom, and you had to hear it from the jam of ghosts? ingrates

Back