post any random Mario thought on your mind

I've never played any DK games, so I wouldn't know :-X

Unless playing a demo of Diddy Kong Racing DS counts.

Baby Luigi said:
Deanna Mustard is also my favorite Daisy voice actress

My favorite performance of hers was in Mario Strikers games. Both of them.

I don't like Deanna Mustard these days, she sounds too old for the character. Daisy is supposed to be a very young girl. It'd be best if they changed voice actresses.

Magikrazy said:
They should do what Looney Tunes did with Lola Bunny. Make her ditzy and a bit creepy and have Kristen Wiig voice her.
As far as Daisy goes I wouldn't like her to be like Lola Bunny. I want her to be the mischievous, eccentric, somewhat childish female character that says her mind and acts lovably cheeky about it. Basically herself now but amped up, expanded, and charming.

Peach the sweet and prissy archetype, Rosalina the powerful and calm archetype, Daisy the mischievous and tomboyish archetype. Why not?

Nah, we need more fire emblem characters.

King K. Rool needs to return in a Donkey Kong Country game.

At this point I don't expect to ever see him again. They are more interested in a series of one offs.

I think it would be interesting to see Nintendo's different development teams swap games if you know I mean.

Like, maybe Nd Cube would make a Xenoblade game and Monolith Soft could try their hand at Mario Party.

Lol at Deanna Mustard sounding ''too old'' for Daisy.

Her voice is sometimes even higher pitched than Peach's through the fact she screams non stop.

Cirdec said:
Daisy's voice actress is anything but too old. She sounds so energetic.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Lol at Deanna Mustard sounding ''too old'' for Daisy.

Her voice is sometimes even higher pitched than Peach's through the fact she screams non stop.

High pitch has nothing to do with age
It's about the tonal and vocal quality and just the general SOUND
Maybe the better word to describe it is "mature"

Daisy's voice sounded young and cute in 2003-2007 but then it got louder, rougher, and more older sounding. Maybe it has to do with the voice direction I dunno

She is still sounds like she did in Mario Golf so i don't really pay attention to that.

The voice that i think , has aged the worst , is Martinet himself as Mario.

You can hear his vocal pain in MK8 trying so hard for Mario to sound high pitched , it's sad. The default title screen always annoys me , so i pray i get either Luigi or Rosalina instead.

Swiftie_Luma said:
The voice that i think , has aged the worst , is Martinet himself as Mario.

You can hear his vocal pain in MK8 trying so hard for Mario to sound high pitched , it's sad. The default title screen always annoys me , so i pray i get either Luigi or Rosalina instead.
Nah, I think that crap's restricted to Mario Kart 8. His Mario Tennis Open's and Mario Party 10 voices (the new ones) seem totes fine. I don't even know if some of those screeching voices are new because their voice files tend to show a _64 suffix.

Baby Luigi is higher-pitched for some reason in that game as well. I'm pretty sure it's just the voice direction.

Yep , everybody is pretty higher pitched in Mario Kart 8 for some weird reason.

The worst offenders are Mario and Rosalina , Mario just sounds bad , and Rosalina is on and off compared to 3D World.

Mcmadness said:
At this point I don't expect to ever see him again. They are more interested in a series of one offs.

The irony of the story is that the Kritters actually do manage to appear as enemies in Smash 3DS's Smash Run. Too bad that K. Rool still got the mere trophy cameo.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Yep , everybody is pretty higher pitched in Mario Kart 8 for some weird reason.

The worst offenders are Mario and Rosalina , Mario just sounds bad , and Rosalina is on and off compared to 3D World.
Rosalina: Wwwwwwheeeeeee!
Mario: Waaaaahaaaaaa!

I dislike its squeal quality. Does not sound like her at all. It's as bad as Mario's shrieking, to be honest. I smirk at how bad those voices are though, so it's all light-hearted to me. But yeah, just compare it to Mario Kart Wii's voices. It does seem like everyone is shriller and isn't as talkative compared to those in Mario Kart Wii.

I honestly think they actually went too far with Mario Kart 8 voice wise.

I mean , it's like they were trying too hard for the characters to sound excited or something. It's just too much.

For Rosalina , i tolerate her voice overall , but i never do AG tricks because i fear that the random ''Weeeeeeeeeee'' plays.
Same with the boost , i hate hearing ''Yahoooooo'' and ''Weeeeeeeee''

Its just so ughhhhhh , i want to bite a pillow.

And for Mario , i get annoyed everytime he randomly yells and is right beside me , either as a random CPU or Rival.

As i have been saying before , IRONICALLY, Daisy of all the characters , was actually toned down with the screaming compared to Mario Kart Wii.

I also have a problem with the fact that Deanna Mustard as Baby Daisy kinda wasn't as good as in Wii , because she almost sounds like Daisy.

Same with Laura Faye Smith as Baby Rosalina , she was totally better than Rosalina this time around , but many of her voice clips give away the fact that they share voice actresses , which means she also almost sounds like adult Rosalina.

This doesn't happen with Baby Peach , as she doesn't sound like Peach at all.

I love all of Baby Luigi's Mario Kart 8 voice clips (all of them are still Baby Luigi-ish), but some of them do sound...a bit off for Baby Luigi standards. When I first heard Baby Luigi's voice through a potato-like gameplay video of Mario Kart 8, I thought he sounded like a cat or he was going through puberty.

i Actually appreciate Nintendo decided to reuse Kerri Kane's voice in Rosalina's GPDX appearence.

Not surprising though since most voices are reused from older games , but it's very interesting...

Nintendo seems to be trying SO HARD to not to use Mercedes Rose instead.

You can tell because , Bowser Jr has his Mario Kart Wii voice even though he could have his DD voice back , but they didn't put it that way.

At the time Baby Peach was announced , i believe MK8 was already released , and she still has her MKWii voice.

When Rosalina was announced in GPDX , They could have easily picked her MKWii voice , but instead picked the MK7 one. The same happened with Smash 4 , they kinda picked Kerri Kane instead of Laura Faye Smith.

They are very fishy in my book.

Also i made this gif , even though the there's no decent quality footage of this game where Rosalina appears.

bu2hDPv.gif

Back