post any random Mario thought on your mind

The thing is though, Professor Koopstein would be portrayed as a "mad" scientist, as his inventions would often be considered too dangerous and destructive to use; this basically made Koopstein a heavily disliked individual by many. However, Bowser saw a lot of potential in Koopstein's work, and hired him.

Happy knowing that his inventions are finally getting some use, Koopstein remained loyal to Bowser, regardless of his many failures. Also, Koopstein would not be one to give up, as whenever an invention fails, he goes back to the old drawing board; this is further influenced by the fact that his rival, E. Gadd, always managed to beat him at invention contests.

I always wondered why E. Gadd created the paintbrush and gave it to Jr. anyway. What good could possibly come from that?

I did read a fanfic where Luigi defeats Jr. in a fight and planned to question E. Gadd about it until Bowser and some other circumstances interfered.

Or Jr. was being deceitful.

"Hey, E. Gadd, I need that paintbrush for, uh, a school project that me and my dad are working on. I'll give it back, I promise".

Or E.Gadd had no idea who it was and who he was related to.

Afterall at the time Jr wasn't public knowledge.

Or E. Gadd threw the brush away due to not liking the final product and Junior later fished it out of the dumpster.

Or it was the same garage sale he sold king boo's painting at.

Magikrazy said:
Or E. Gadd threw the brush away due to not liking the final product and Junior later fished it out of the dumpster.

uhhh...pr'y not

Mcmadness said:
Or it was the same garage sale he sold king boo's painting at.

plausible

I feel like Mario himself doesn't get a lot of respect these days.

Poor Mario :(

And if anybody brings up "Mario gets too much respect cuz he's da main character" B.S., I'd like to present these comic strips, (fan made of course).

FoS4DI6.jpg

4KDZODb.jpg

IQqd70j.jpg

Eck1sKt.jpg

1nGYT06.jpg

People need to give Mario a break. He's not THAT fat. :rolleyes: For goodness sake, just look at him.

269px-Mario_-_Dance_Dance_Revolution_Mario_Mix.png

If you want to make fat jokes, we have a much better candidate, who also happens to have a bigger ass to put the "butt" in the butt of jokes. :wario:

But once you're done with the fat jokes, you're just gonna go with the "homicidal maniac" family or the "drugged up to Somewhere Over the Rainbow" family.

I admit that Mario's actually one of the more popular Mario characters. Still, within the Mario fanbase, Mario usually isn't people's top favorite, but he often ranks fairly high, maybe at #4 or #5. But, then you get people saying that "Mario shouldn't be playable because nobody uses him and you already get to use him in the single-player games anyway". It totally disregards people who actually, you know, like Mario, and it is a sizeable amount. Just imagine the fan outrage and confusion if Mario didn't make it in a Mario spinoff game. I'm not sure if people like Mario for who he is or rather what he represents. Still, it's not like Mario (character) fans are totally ruining other character fans' lives by forcing Nintendo to include Mario in their games and somehow deny other characters from making it it. The logic in that argument is totally bonkers.

Are there really people who think Mario should be excluded from spin offs? Last I checked this franchise is named after him. I mean if it's Wario ware or whatever then yeah fine but thats kind of a ridiculous notion for other games.

It's hard to tell between over-the-top mockery and honest asshattery in the Internet, but I've seen such suggestions myself several times as the gaming cesspool known as GameFAQs. Worse, some people agree.

I think it's okay to say that he suffers from "main character" syndrome, but the mainstream games don't really overwhelm the spinoffs, especially in terms of shelf life. I guess mainstream is what Mario's known for and people stick to him due to this (not in the recent mainstream games, though).

I often thought that Mario never quite gets much attention, but I thought that it's natural to assume so if within a Mario fan environment. However, I do feel kind of sad to see Mario abused or accused, because I like Mario as a character.

Thanks for reading.

Formula time!

OR=GU

Overration=Games x Uses

Cahoots Is Spelled With A C said:
Formula time!

OR=GU

Overration=Games x Uses

Goombas are sooo overrated, their fanbase is so huge and obnoxious and Goombas keep winning the favorite character polls and Goombas get too much fan art and Goombas are playable way too often.

Also, Mario is a titular character in his franchise. You want him to not appear every other Mario-titled game or something?

I still generally play as Mario in most games. He's my second favourite character in the franchise just behind Bowser.

Back