Who are you voting for in the Fighter Ballot?

I don't want him as a Mario character (he'd probably be a clone of Mario that way)

Instead I want him as a Paper Mario character with a moveset from the first 3 Paper Mario games. And it would be quite easy for him to come with a patch that replaces the Mario emblem on the Paper Mario stage and trophies with a Paper Mario emblem. Hopefully he would come with a couple Assist Trophies from the series (I personally want Dimentio since he didn't even get a trophy)

You think there will be trophy DLC? I think it would be a neat touch to have additional trophies you can buy for maybe 50 cents each for characters who didn't make the cut in the original game. *cough*fawful*cough*

So the way I see it the roster will be:

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Rosalina
Dr. Mario
Bowser

Yoshi

Wario

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Sheik
Toon Link

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Pikachu
Charizard
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
Jigglypuff

Sonic
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Ryu

Marth
Ike
Lucina
Robin
Roy

Samus
Zero Suit Samus

Little Mac

Captain Falcon

Olimar

Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit

R.O.B.

Mr. Game and Watch

Ness
Lucas

Duck Hunt

Wii Fit Trainer

Mii

Shulk

Fox
Falco

Ballot character 1 (Probably K. Rool)
Ballot character 2 (Hopefully Banjo-Kazooie)
Ballot character 3 (Hopefully Isaac)
Ballot character 4 (Hopefully Impa)
Ballot character 5 (Hopefully Krystal)
(Assuming we'll get 5)

That means the total number of characters would be: 57
Holy shit!

I just hope a third party character doesn't get in over Paper Mario. Actually, I'm fine with King K. Rool or another new rep for a major under-repped franchise. I might even play as K. Rool a few times since despite me not playing the DKC series he seems like a pretty neat villain. One more Zelda character would be fine too, I just don't want any more third parties until Paper Mario/another Mario RPG rep gets in.

Oh and another thing. I do think Ridley is a (small) possibility. They could easily release a patch that makes him not appear as a boss if he is selected as a playable character. Which is also what is fueling my hope for Waluigi getting in as a playable character. Just make his Assist Trophy have a 0% chance of appearing if he's being played as.

Course this is Smash Bros., where you can have a battle between 8 of the same character so this might not be a problem after all.

Eri Ayase said:
I see another popular poll choice incoming

L3pXcZo.png

Heh, never noticed that the US poll doesn't have a nickname feature but other regions do. Wonder why they want all North American votes anonymous as opposed to the other regions

Waluigi
Wolf
Bandanna Dee
King K. Rool
Tails
Dr. Eggman
Ice Climbers
King Boo (I doubt this will happen)
Toad
Princess Daisy

J-Yoshi64 said:
Maybe because Americans would make really immature nicknames?

Why would that be restricted only to Americans? I'm pretty sure any ethnicity would have people making immature nicknames

Eri Ayase said:
@topic

Geno

I am not disappointed.

Northern Verve said:
Decided to keep a list on who's voting for whom so we can keep track of who's most wanted.

For the sake of simplicity. I only want to count one character per user. So if you voted for more then one. Please tell me who you want most. In this list I'm assuming the first one you said you voted was your most wanted. If I chose the wrong character for you please say so.

This is also so we can congratulate or get mad at for if any of our chosen characters make it.

Snake (Gutsehman, FireEevee)
Daisy (Cirdec, Chibiki Daisy, Pedaroys, Afterstormer)
Toad (Baby Luigi, LGM)
Ridley ('3K, Shadowshy, Meta Knight)
Ephraim (Glitchy)
King K. Rool (McMadness, Lumastar, Smasher, Walkazo, Shoey, GalacticPetey, Yoshigo99)
Karate Joe (Epic Nitwit)
Tails (SonicMario)
Ice Climbers (Turb, Gamefreak)
Starfy (LN1)
Wolf (Nysic)
Fawful (FTG)
Issac (Icemario, Giga12)
Cranky Kong (Magikrazy)
Geno (Freakworld)
Porky (ARFU)
Hades (Shadow Prince)
Spyro (Dragonfreak)
Ashley (GBAToad)
Wart (superwesleybros)
Marcus Fenix (Baby Simones)
Kamek (Duskull)
Paper Mario (J-Yoshi64)
Banjo and Kazooie (supermariofan)

Not ordering them by votes made because remember this isn't just some popularity contest where most votes win. It's suggestions. Though it's quite obvious right now like many other places K. Rool is our Most Wanted.

also nobody got it right. rip.

This wasn't about getting it right, this was just about who I wanted the most who has the best chance

GBAToad said:
I think nintendo knows about ridley's almost insane popularity within the smash fanbase regardless of whatever his poll results will be.

voted for Ashley, the Wario series needs more love. Mona would've been my second real choice for a WarioWare Smash DLC because she isn't an assist trophy, but then again she's Mona and not Ashley so...

Might submit a vote for Marshall/Chorus kids later because rhythm heaven ;-;

Kamek, Isaac, Inkling, Isabelle, Chrom and King K. Rool would also be really cool additions but I can't be bothered writing something up for each of them. :luigi:
throwback wednesday

Costumes:
Inkling, Chrom, K. Rool, and ASHLEY YES
not even mad

Baby Luigi said:
This wasn't about getting it right, this was just about who I wanted the most who has the best chance
^

Yeah I still think Shy Guy can represent the Yoshis series in the next one. I voted for him so many times in so many different places.

If the Yoshi series is going to get another rep (with the way things are, we'll need about 70 more swordfighters before that happens), it's definitely going to be Kamek.

Gamefreak75 said:
If the Yoshi series is going to get another rep (with the way things are, we'll need about 70 more swordfighters before that happens), it's definitely going to be Kamek.

Baby Mario and/or Baby Luigi tho

blah blah insert shy guy is too small joke

anyways i personally didn't vote, anyone i wanted had either no chance or were immensely popular anyways

GalacticPetey said:
That's the equivalent of adding a Goomba
I guess, but Shy Guys are way more diverse than a Goomba. Shy Guy could use his various ***-Guys (Pyro Guy, Metal Guy, Spear Guy, Boo Guy, etc.) for his moveset, and can actually have something to animate. Goombas, on the other hand, have two feet and a zit. They don't have any cool sub-species, (unless Balloon Goomba is so OP that it replaces Greninja), and also Mario Series has too many characters.

So, yeah I'm not happy with who they ultimately added in.

Too many regular shaped human characters for my tastes.

Mcmadness said:
So, yeah I'm not happy with who they ultimately added in.

Too many regular shaped human characters for my tastes.
Don't be calling Bayonetta's shapes regular, boy! :P

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Corrin ain't my cup of tea either.

Back